Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 09-27-2017, 09:08 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.5
State: Florida
THOR #4802
Adding a DVD/CD player to Seiki TV's

Asking this question out of total ignorance, so please bare with me and I hope this make sense.
My Axis is a 2017, model 25.5. In the Axis/Vegas units with 3 Seiki TV's, is there a way to plug in a DVD/CD player so it will play on all the TV's, either individually or all TV's at the same time? Or, must the DVD/CD player just be plugged in to a single TV? Thanks!

Old 09-27-2017, 09:13 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
I believe the Axis/Vegas units do not have the HDMI distribution system some of the larger motorhomes have. Typically they will have a hidden HDMI cable near each TV (for the one above the door that cable is usually in the kitchen cabinet, for the outside TV its in the storage bay below the TV, etc.). My 2014 Axis only has the HDMI cables to plug into and nothing more.

Thus if you want something to play on all TVs at the same time you'll have to work up your own solution.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 09:32 PM   #3

State: Oregon
THOR #2271
Each Seiki has it's own HDMI input. So you can only supply the DVD output to one at a time. The main salon TV has it's HDMI in the cabinet above the sink. The bedroom TV has it's input in the cabinet above the bed. The outside TV has an HDMI input in the basement below the TV.
Old 09-27-2017, 10:03 PM   #4

THOR #4802
Thanks for your quick replies. Found a little RCA to HDMI converter on Amazon that you plug the red, yellow & white RCA output plugs from the DVD/CD player in one end and has a female HDMI outlet on the other side, that the HDMI cable from the TV's can plug in to. This should work and I can move it to which ever TV we want to watch. Thanks again!
Old 09-27-2017, 11:25 PM   #5
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
The DVD player doesn't have an HDMI out? Must be an old one.

(That converter is going to look pretty bad. Probably can pick up a cheap DVD player with HDMI out that costs about the same as the converter.)
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 11:32 PM   #6

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldchief View Post
Thanks for your quick replies. Found a little RCA to HDMI converter on Amazon that you plug the red, yellow & white RCA output plugs from the DVD/CD player in one end and has a female HDMI outlet on the other side, that the HDMI cable from the TV's can plug in to. This should work and I can move it to which ever TV we want to watch. Thanks again!
Costco has a small DVD player for around $60 which also has WiFi. Works great for us. I ended up buying a second which I leave above the sink area for the TV in the main room and the first goes above the driver's bunk on our 24.1 for the TV in the bedroom. A few times I have swapped that one out and hooked it up for the outside TV. Fun times. Oh, it is the Samsung model.
Old 09-28-2017, 12:05 AM   #7

THOR #4802
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
The DVD player doesn't have an HDMI out? Must be an old one.

(That converter is going to look pretty bad. Probably can pick up a cheap DVD player with HDMI out that costs about the same as the converter.)
RCA to HDMI converter costs only $14. and not much bigger than a pack of cigarettes. Will easily fit in same cabinet over sink that DVD player goes in and where TV's HDMI cable is located. DVD player I have is a low end Sony and only has the RCA type plugs. Converter should do what I want it to do. Thanks!
Old 09-28-2017, 12:11 AM   #8
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
We rotate our DVD player between TV's .. have an HDMI cable attached to the player and plug it into the tv on the left side port.
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 01:27 AM   #9

Model: ACE
State: Georgia
THOR #9143
Quote:
Asking this question out of total ignorance, so please bare with me and I hope this make sense.
My Axis is a 2017, model 25.5. In the Axis/Vegas units with 3 Seiki TV's, is there a way to plug in a DVD/CD player so it will play on all the TV's, either individually or all TV's at the same time? Or, must the DVD/CD player just be plugged in to a single TV? Thanks!
We have the 2018 ACE and it has HDMI ports on all TV's but is connected with the round cable. Main room has a Blu-Ray player in the cabinet but the others do not. So, we purchased 2 more from wally world to add to each tv with an HDMI in order to not be moving things around. May not be the best set up but it works for us.
I will soon be adding a Dish King unit for sat programing.
Good luck.