Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-02-2018, 02:38 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Washington
THOR #8680
Quote:
Originally Posted by srambus View Post
Hello, we have a problem that's driving us nuts. We keep our Windsport 34P's Axxera radio on Camera mode to monitor our tow vehicle. The problem is, everytime we use the blinkers, the screen view switches to give a side view but then, after changing lanes, DOES NOT switch back to camera mode. It gives us the radio screen! So the driver then had to take his eyes off the road and fiddle with the screen to get back to Camera view. Any ideas?

Contact axxera and they will email you a link to download a fix for that problem. We also had the problem.

Old 09-02-2018, 06:48 PM   #42

Model: Thor Hurricane 29M
State: Florida
THOR #9033
Just curious...what model radio do you have and how do you have your menus set up on the touch screen? I only have backup cam when in "R" and would like to have it on all the time. Maybe it's something in the settings of the menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbren View Post
Very interesting thread. We have a 2017 Vegas 24.1 with Axxera radio and we do not have this problem. Our rear camera is always on - when we use turn signals and get side cameras, it Always returns to the rear camera.
The problem you describe would not make me happy either!
Old 09-02-2018, 07:13 PM   #43

State: Massachusetts
THOR #12158
We’ve had our 30’ Class C Thor Outlaw for a few months now and I’ve found the axxera radio system to be just horrible. We did purchase an iPhone to HDMI cable though and now can use the GPS and Pandora reliably and clearly. It’s a $20-25 purchase that’s proved indispensable for using the system effectively. A couple issues that I wish could be resolved are that you can’t turn the radio down while either directional is on (as in exiting the highway and needing the volume down as the engine throttles down) and that the display is way too bright at night even when adjusted. The entire system is woefully counterintuitive compared to any other modern day automotive stereo systems.
Old 09-02-2018, 08:00 PM   #44

State: Tennessee
THOR #7146
New to this, upgrade firmware?
Old 09-02-2018, 08:15 PM   #45

State: Washington
THOR #10876
Angry I have the Axxera AV614BH radio backup unit

I own a 2015 Four Winds Siesta with back up camera to include turn signal cameras. The issue I am having is the delay when in turn signal mode. You are already into the turn and then the camera decides to come on the screen. Help! Also back up camera flicks on when driving for no reason. Annoying say the least.
Old 09-02-2018, 08:56 PM   #46

Model: Vegas 2018 24.1
THOR #12484
Quote:
Originally Posted by fknapp View Post
Bill any idea if your solution will work on 2017 Vegas. If it does I owe you an adult beverage. Very annoying feature.

Rick

Not sure but I would assume it's radio model specific. I have the avm70 with old firmware. Good luck.

Bill
Old 09-03-2018, 03:06 PM   #47

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Oregon
THOR #6934
I installed a 10 inch monitor over a year ago and am really happy. Side cameras are on in multiscreen mode, as is the rear, and they are large enough to see! As Bob Denman said, just another arrow. We really like the large view rear screen, with. The guide lines. You can actually see around corners because of the wide angle camera and rear placement. I find myself using it more all the time to combat inside window reflections when backing
Old 09-03-2018, 09:13 PM   #48

Model: axis
State: Ohio
THOR #12044
Whitch orange wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng View Post
My 2018 Vegas, 2 step process

Cut orange wire from wiring harness and radio will not cut out when using turn signal.

Update the firmware downloaded from the website and will then auto switch back to backup camera.

Bill
Hi Bill I have a 2018 Axis. Could you post a picture as to location and witch orange wire to cut.
I really don't like the audio cut out.
Thanks
Old 09-03-2018, 11:43 PM   #49

State: Illinois
THOR #4121
Thanks, it took care of the problem.
Old 09-05-2018, 11:17 PM   #50

Model: ace 29.4
State: Ontario
THOR #297
Orange wire

Quote:
My 2018 Vegas, 2 step process

Cut orange wire from wiring harness and radio will not cut out when using turn signal.

Update the firmware downloaded from the website and will then auto switch back to backup camera.

Bill
Hi Bill there is an orange wire marked reverse and an orange/black marked illumination i assume it is the solid orange ??
Old 09-08-2018, 07:21 PM   #51

State: Oklahoma
THOR #9468
Push on screen when tow shows and lock comes on screen.... hit it and camera locks so after blinker screen it comes back to tow vehicle view
Old 09-08-2018, 07:58 PM   #52

THOR #12484
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertconley View Post
Hi Bill I have a 2018 Axis. Could you post a picture as to location and witch orange wire to cut.
I really don't like the audio cut out.
Thanks
I don't have the dog house off at the moment and I wasn't aware there was more than 1 orange wire. The wire is part of the wiring harness that goes into the back of the radio and I got the suggestion from another thread on this forum. If there are 2 wires I may have gotten lucky. I don't remember seeing 2 and I don't think any were marked.

I'll make a note next time I have the doghouse off, if you have the 2018 24.1 you understand what a huge hassle it is to take it off. It's as if they placed the doghouse and sealed it with wood that's attached to the dash. I did what someone else suggested and changed the upper screws with hex head so I can get a grip on them.

Bill
Old 09-17-2018, 04:59 PM   #53

Model: Four Winds 31E
State: Georgia
THOR #5047
Quote:
Originally Posted by petefoss View Post
It's designed to work that way unfortunately.
Not on mine. Have set on rear. After blinker goes off switches back to rear view.
Old 09-17-2018, 07:36 PM   #54

Model: Four Winds 24F
State: Ontario
THOR #9645
Smile Axxera

Contacted Axxera they were quick to reply with a resource to fix our problem. Them too were quick to reply to our voice mail, while on the phone with the tech, he sent me a firmware update file which I downloaded. The instructions were easy to follow and the download fixed the problem.
Old 09-18-2018, 04:18 PM   #55

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannelle View Post
Contacted Axxera they were quick to reply with a resource to fix our problem. Them too were quick to reply to our voice mail, while on the phone with the tech, he sent me a firmware update file which I downloaded. The instructions were easy to follow and the download fixed the problem.
I wonder if I can call Thor and download an entire coach update? On second thought I have fixed about everything or visited the dealer and Thor Factory service so maybe I just better not. Uploading a new coach would start the "you fix it yourself or go crazy" routine all over and I don't want that.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 05:30 PM   #56
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLovers View Post
I wonder if I can call Thor and download an entire coach update? On second thought I have fixed about everything or visited the dealer and Thor Factory service so maybe I just better not. Uploading a new coach would start the "you fix it yourself or go crazy" routine all over and I don't want that.
If you upload a new coach: don't forget to also upload the Additional Tech Support Version 3.01. It contains your very own Thor Master Technician.
...But you have to provide him with Health Insurance!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 12:39 AM   #57

Model: 2017 Thor Vegas 25.2
State: Indiana
THOR #7993
Quote:
Yes, Firmware update is found on the Axxers website. It is dated earlier this year and fixed the back up camera switching.
Easy file transfer using radio usb.
Could you give details on how this is done?
Old 09-19-2018, 12:21 PM   #58

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Maryland
THOR #12424
For anyone who has the AVM70 and has done the update (or just doesn't have the problem of it not switching back) can you post your software version? Found under Settings -> General then scroll and touch Version.

Thanks.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:23 PM   #59

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Maryland
THOR #12424
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1911 View Post
Could you give details on how this is done?
Someone else posted this link some time previous. I could not find it by browsing the website, I had to use the link. There is a pdf that has the instructions, sounds simple.

Product Firmware Updates
Old 09-19-2018, 02:07 PM   #60

THOR #12484
Quote:
Originally Posted by sab3864 View Post
Someone else posted this link some time previous. I could not find it by browsing the website, I had to use the link. There is a pdf that has the instructions, sounds simple.

Product Firmware Updates

https://mito-oem.com/index.php?route...on/faq&topic=5
2002 National See Breeze 1341
mstng is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axxera radio, camera