Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 08-24-2018, 05:29 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Idaho
THOR #11367
Thank you! we will try the firmware update. Im assuming you mean from the Axxera website and not the Thor website. Its not so much the radio cutting out as just wanting it to go back to the camera mode, but maybe this will help that too.

Old 08-24-2018, 10:19 AM   #22

Model: 2018 Challenger 37 YT
State: Kentucky
THOR #8995
Camera

SuperD:

I like your add on monitor. I am not familiar with the cam wiring. I have a 2018 Challenger, will my cameras direct wire to this monitor? Are all the cams and monitors connections the same? My RV is almost out of warranty and I can modify to make the add on monitor on all the time.
Old 08-24-2018, 12:40 PM   #23

Model: Vegas 2018 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #12484
Yes, Firmware update is found on the Axxers website. It is dated earlier this year and fixed the back up camera switching.
Easy file transfer using radio usb.
2002 National See Breeze 1341
mstng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 04:07 PM   #24

Model: Axis 27.7
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #12085
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng View Post
My 2018 Vegas, 2 step process

Cut orange wire from wiring harness and radio will not cut out when using turn signal.

Update the firmware downloaded from the website and will then auto switch back to backup camera.

Bill
Firmware update was a breeze. Houston we now have auto switch. Many thanks for the tip.
Old 08-25-2018, 04:31 PM   #25

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Arizona
THOR #9747
Did the update on mine as well. Pretty simple.
Old 08-25-2018, 06:25 PM   #26
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
this is Kay...I am the map/gps reader … radio/entertainment monitor … 2nd set of eyes in all directions and flight attendant … Ron, virtually has no duties other than to get us down the road safely.
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 12:43 AM   #27

Model: Freedom Traveler A30
THOR #10918
I wish we were so lucky for ours to work. Our Freedom Traveler with the Axxera AVM70LH hasn't worked correctly since day one. CW can't seem to fix it either after three attempts. At first the rear view camera video was intermittent and now it is completely dead. Side cameras work well however. If I take the rear camera connector and place it on either cam 1 or 2 on the switcher box I get the rear view video. CW can't find the problem. They have replaced the switcher, radio and rear view camera cable. Anyone got any ideas?
Old 08-27-2018, 09:35 AM   #28

Model: Axis 27.7
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #12085
Here is a potential solution. Just replace the Axxera.

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f27...dio-13816.html
Old 09-01-2018, 02:10 PM   #29

Model: Chanteau
State: Arizona
THOR #12515
Hope I got the right firmware site for Axxera as it says its only for AV614BH, But it says MCU firmware, is that right?
Old 09-01-2018, 06:22 PM   #30

THOR #12484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeroe66 View Post
Hope I got the right firmware site for Axxera as it says its only for AV614BH, But it says MCU firmware, is that right?

There are 5 different firmware files available for download.
Old 09-01-2018, 06:24 PM   #31

THOR #12484
Drop down menu on axxera web site lists the following files for download

AVM70 1800502A

AVM72NAV 1800503A

AVM80 180503A

AVM82NAV 180509A

AVM111NAV 180503A
Old 09-01-2018, 06:55 PM   #32

Model: Thor Hurricane 29M
THOR #9033
I have looked in the manuals and nothing is too clear....I have the AV615BHM in a Thor Ace. How is the firmware downloaded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by srambus View Post
Thank you! we will try the firmware update. Im assuming you mean from the Axxera website and not the Thor website. Its not so much the radio cutting out as just wanting it to go back to the camera mode, but maybe this will help that too.
Old 09-01-2018, 08:19 PM   #33

Model: Axis 25.5
THOR #4802
Just something to think about here.
Some years ago, I had a side business installing security CCTV cameras. I don't know anything about the cameras Thor puts in our RV's but they're probably 'cheap', like most other Thor components, and may not be suitable for continuous, hour after hour use, as you're wanting to do. They are more than likely designed for limited use, as when your backing up, etc. Cameras not designed to operate for hours at a time can overheat and fail. Again, I don't know anything about the backup cameras but, if I were going to do what you're wanting to do, I'd get a camera that you know is designed to work in your application.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:16 PM   #34

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
The Hidden Secret

Quote:
Hello, we have a problem that's driving us nuts. We keep our Windsport 34P's Axxera radio on Camera mode to monitor our tow vehicle. The problem is, everytime we use the blinkers, the screen view switches to give a side view but then, after changing lanes, DOES NOT switch back to camera mode. It gives us the radio screen! So the driver then had to take his eyes off the road and fiddle with the screen to get back to Camera view. Any ideas?
Hey Guess What? Late model RV Installed dash Axxera radios have something available they "Do not give you" when you buy your coach.

(((((((((((((((((((((((A remote control)))))))))))))))))))))))

Yep I'm not kidding. Trying to operate the radio while driving was ridiculous so I made some calls and found out I could get the remote. Now I don't fuss with the radio I use the remote and it's so much better.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 10:12 PM   #35

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Washington
THOR #6782
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng View Post
My 2018 Vegas, 2 step process

Cut orange wire from wiring harness and radio will not cut out when using turn signal.

Update the firmware downloaded from the website and will then auto switch back to backup camera.

Bill
Bill any idea if your solution will work on 2017 Vegas. If it does I owe you an adult beverage. Very annoying feature.

Rick
fknapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 10:23 PM   #36

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #6191
Quote:
Hello, we have a problem that's driving us nuts. We keep our Windsport 34P's Axxera radio on Camera mode to monitor our tow vehicle. The problem is, everytime we use the blinkers, the screen view switches to give a side view but then, after changing lanes, DOES NOT switch back to camera mode. It gives us the radio screen! So the driver then had to take his eyes off the road and fiddle with the screen to get back to Camera view. Any ideas?
Very interesting thread. We have a 2017 Vegas 24.1 with Axxera radio and we do not have this problem. Our rear camera is always on - when we use turn signals and get side cameras, it Always returns to the rear camera.
The problem you describe would not make me happy either!
Carbren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 01:13 AM   #37

Model: Freedom Traveler A30
THOR #10918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie View Post
I wish we were so lucky for ours to work. Our Freedom Traveler with the Axxera AVM70LH hasn't worked correctly since day one. CW can't seem to fix it either after three attempts. At first the rear view camera video was intermittent and now it is completely dead. Side cameras work well however. If I take the rear camera connector and place it on either cam 1 or 2 on the switcher box I get the rear view video. CW can't find the problem. They have replaced the switcher, radio and rear view camera cable. Anyone got any ideas?
üst to give an update. CW finally fixed the problem. They replaced the switcher and the rear view camera cable. All is working fine now. Although the switching seems rather slow. At least its working. First time in 6 months. Fingers crossed it continues to work
Old 09-02-2018, 01:42 PM   #38

Model: 24f
State: Washington
THOR #9298
Hi all, I just hooked up a 7" monitor wireless back camera on when driving. about $100 works perfect
Old 09-02-2018, 01:53 PM   #39
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Congratulations!
How about a picture, and some information about it?
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 02:10 PM   #40

Model: Four Winds 24F
State: Ontario
THOR #9645
rear camera

Quote:
I have the same issues with our 2018 Four Winds 24f Axxera radio/camera when on radio the sound is a top level when it switches back. will be on my next warranty issues service.

Tags
axxera radio, camera