Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2018, 07:21 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Arkansas
THOR #11266
We have the FW 24F. I saw that same thing about the black tank flush. When i did the PDI i had people crawling everywhere looking for it. Finally I came across a Thor thing that listed it as an option. I let them keep looking while I checked other things. Ha

2015 Ford Explorer XLT Toad
Fish and Dear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 10:52 PM   #22

State: Utah
THOR #7797
Additional gray water tank?

Some TVs have an additional gray tank. That valve and handle are located like yours.
Old 09-15-2018, 11:41 PM   #23

State: Alaska
THOR #8813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jratjeff View Post
Ok. One more black tank question. The place to empty both black and grey tanks is on the driver side rear (both valves). There is another valve on the passenger side underneath the rv by the tank. What is that third valve for?
That is black tank. You open driver side first, then the one on passenger side/ This is for stuff doesn't clog up in pipe. The weight of water will flush out from passenger side, and shouldn't clog.
Old 09-15-2018, 11:43 PM   #24

State: Alaska
THOR #8813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish and Dear View Post
We have the FW 24F. I saw that same thing about the black tank flush. When i did the PDI i had people crawling everywhere looking for it. Finally I came across a Thor thing that listed it as an option. I let them keep looking while I checked other things. Ha
Freedom Elites have less options than say a Chateau or Quantum. That is why they are cheaper. I think Thor now publishes a Freedom Elite brochure .
Old 09-16-2018, 09:00 PM   #25

Model: Freedom Elite 29fe
State: Tennessee
THOR #6584
I have been told that some places, like national parks, require a method to ensure that black waste is not dumped inadvertently. The second valve would keep one from mistakenly opening the driver side black valve and dumping.
I have not been to one of these places however.
Old 09-16-2018, 10:09 PM   #26
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Time for the best"inadvertent dump" scene ever:

Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 10:35 PM   #27

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
in all our travels I've never 'seen' any mention, warning, or requirement for any type of 'secondary' black tank protection, or sort.... that would be a ridiculous requirement in that 99% of RVs only have a single outlet and valve for dumping.

What is comes down to is simply the way the factory built and installed your plumbing and your black tank drain. Since the tank drains toward the passenger side, the exposed pipe that then takes it across to the driver side, under the exposed chassis, needs a little protection in the event something from the road hits it, cracks it, or otherwise causes it to leak or completely discharge it's contents - this is why a secondary valve is added on the passenger side. This keeps the sewer discharge from being in the exit pipe while traveling.
This is NOT typical for most other RVs since they only have valves on the DRIVER side.

So, it doesn't really matter 'which' valve you pull first, just as long as you already have your sewer hose attached and the other end connected to the outlet or dump station. Just remember to shut both when you're done, especially the passenger side one.
If you're parked for quite a while and will be dumping several times, then you can just leave the driver side one open, until ready to leave.

I know, cause our '15 Georgetown XL had a situation where this 'exposure' of the sewer pipe, that is not within a cargo bay and exposed underneath the chassis, can be struck by something in the road and cause a 'drainage' issue(!) What a day! NOT.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 10:54 PM   #28
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
THOR #8860
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1537138472
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV Humor 30.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	12856  
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 05:56 PM   #29

Model: Ace 29.4
THOR #6366
Flow Issues?

I've tried to use the San-T-Flush twice, and it doesn't seem to be allowing the water to flow. I finally gave up on it. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 09-27-2018, 12:35 PM   #30

Model: Windsport 29M
THOR #11919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
I've tried to use the San-T-Flush twice, and it doesn't seem to be allowing the water to flow. I finally gave up on it. Am I doing something wrong?

Probably not doing anything wrong if it has never worked for you. Ours didn’t work either, dealer found that it was installed at the factory backward. I’ve heard that in a number of posts. Recommend you start there.
Old 09-27-2018, 12:36 PM   #31

Model: Windsport 29M
THOR #11919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post

Probably installed backwards at the factory; mine was too. I’ve read about the same issue on other posts. I would start there.