Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-06-2017, 09:29 PM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddlm View Post
All were dead. The emergency start that uses the coach battery to start the engine did nothing. I'm baffled why both sets would be dead. After a jump start and the 7 hour drive home it seems everything is working fine now.
I don't know how long your coach sat on "shore Power" before your chassis battery was dead, but the chassis battery will discharge below the voltage needed to start the engine. How long that takes depends on the battery, coach and battery drain. That being said, if the coach was on shore power, it should have kept the chassis battery charged. If the chassis battery is now charged after your drive home, I would plug it in at home and see if your shore power is actually charging both your house and chassis batteries. If not, there are a variety of different reasons why it may not be working. If it is, it may have been a problem with the shore power or something that you have already corrected and I agree with gmc, chase it if it happens again.

Old 07-26-2017, 06:15 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Texas
THOR #3609
Does anybody have a pic of the reset button by the firewall, for some reason my house batteries aren't charging when honked up to shore power.
I can't find button.
Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 06:34 PM   #23

THOR #1249
The reset is to your left as you look down on the batteries mounted on the wall of the battery support. It is very tight space between it and the side or end of battery.
If it is tripped, you will have to push the "flag" back into the switch. The button trips the switch.
Below is a link to a pic. See post #8

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f8/...king-7917.html
Old 07-27-2017, 01:38 AM   #24

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Virginia
THOR #7607
I think Squid is interested in a picture showing the reset inside the BCC. I need to find it too. My ACE 27.1 has a BCC. Its down on the firewall in front of the drivers left foot. Because of the seat being in the way and the dog house being in the way, it is a diffocult place to get to and be able to see and work.
Old 07-27-2017, 02:22 AM   #25

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Generally there are three circuit breakers in the house battery compartment on most plant 750 coaches. The little 50 amp push-to-reset circuit breaker is the charger circuit breaker and is usually found in the center-rear of the house battery compartment. On the front side wall, up high, are two 100 amp (or larger) circuit breakers. The are the push-to-test type with the yellow flag (Cooper Bussmann). One is for the 12 volt fuse panel and the other is for the inverter (if installed). Under the hood next to the chassis battery (on plant 750 coaches) is a third push-to-test circuit breaker that supplies power to the Thor installed items in the front cap. Generally the fuses and relays for the front cap are located down by the driver's left foot. Interconnecting all the batteries is a BIRD (bi-directional relay). This relay allows the converter/charger to charge the chassis battery and the engine alternator to charge the house batteries under certain voltage conditions.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 11:53 AM   #26
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
THOR #2829
There are 2 different setups depending on the rig for joining/isolating the batteries - the BIRD/Trombetta pair - which Beau388 refers to, and the Battery Control Center (BCC) - which ComputerChips refers to...

Both are described in Ed Felker's Vegas/Axis manual - that section (aside from locations of equipment) applies to most of our rigs.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 09:17 PM   #27

State: Washington
THOR #28252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon70 View Post
That was it!!! Thanks so much and thank you forestgrump for the explanation. It took some real looking inside the BCC but I found it and learned something. If anyone ever has to reset this button it's very small and on the side of a small black box approx 1" square located inside the BCC.
Always said that owning one of these things requires a lot of knowledge and know how and this just proves it out.
Thanks again
WOW, this solved a issue I had been chasing for weeks!!! Pushed the reset and everything works... So stoked. THANK YOU

FYI , mine is grey with the reset button on the side...