Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 08-14-2018, 02:31 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: class c 25ft
State: Florida
THOR #6873
Extra insulation

Going to put a sheet of 3/4 silver backed Styrofoam insulation on the back wall of our bed in our class c. Just too hot on the back wall. Will this cause any moisture problems or other unforseen problems?
Mike

Old 08-14-2018, 03:17 AM   #2

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
So your going to install in the inside wall of your RV? Will you put some sort of paneling or interior wall to make it look factory on the inside? Are you going to just glue it in place? I would install in such a way that you can reverse if you need to in the future.

I would think it would be fine on the inside of your RV but you never know what the long term result will be when you might be the first person to do this mod.

You could try a wall of the refective bubbles as well. It would be thinner.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 12:06 PM   #3

Model: Freedom Elite24FE
State: Texas
THOR #12434
Check often for condensation
Old 08-15-2018, 01:19 AM   #4

Model: class c 25ft
State: Florida
THOR #6873
I will glue it sparingly to the wall foil side to the wall. Going to glue wallpaper to the inside part. I do keep the moisture removers in the rv and they have to be replaced every 2 to 3 months.

What about stuffing insulation around the hot water heater? I'm going to put Styrofoam along bottom wall under bench by water heater as well, to keep out as much heat as possible. Already lined the closet, cabinets and medicine cabinet. You can tell a difference.