Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2016, 11:19 AM   #21
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinegan View Post
...We are still trying to work out an equitable solution between Thor and the dealer.

One question will remain: How was our unit sold without a system when the schematics for that unit show the system as being installed (i.e., not tagged as optional). It makes one wonder what other components may have been missed.
First, why are you concerned about an equitable solution between Thor and your dealer? The problem needs to be addressed to your satisfaction. In all actuality if that dealer has other coaches as the same model as yours with the black tank flush yours could represent false advertising since all Thor brochures state the black tank flush for the Hurricane is standard.

There is an even bigger question I would ask than the one you are asking. That question is: are you running around in a coach that has a hole in the black tank for a flush system nozzle that wasn't installed? Are you running down the road spilling raw sewage onto the pavement? Did that dealer sell you an environmental nightmare? It is after all the dealer that accepted the coach from Thor and then sold it to you.

2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 09:01 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 30.2 Bunkhouse
State: Michigan
THOR #2780
Just thought I would let everyone know that I put in a request for the construction drawings and the different schematics through THOR's website and within an hour I had all my drawings. Very impressive!
Modified w/ a wheelchair lift
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 09:04 PM   #23

Model: Palazzo 35.1
State: New Jersey
THOR #2831
It's amazing everyone gets theirs but me!!!
BlueOx tow system
bandorr2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 09:09 PM   #24

Model: Axis 24.1
State: California
THOR #3552
Got mine but it took a little convincing. Can't see the harm in the customer having more tools to solve problems. May even save Thor some money from avoided warranty service work.
Old 05-04-2016, 04:57 AM   #25

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: California
THOR #3788
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandorr2000 View Post
It's amazing everyone gets theirs but me!!!

So far haven't got mine yet either
Old 05-04-2016, 05:30 PM   #26

Model: Synergy TT24
State: West Virginia
THOR #3433
Get construction drawings from Thor

I emailed my request over a week ago. There was one attempt by "Terry" in Customer Care where he left a brief message and his phone number. I've called him back twice, left messages with my name and call-back number, but no response as of this writing. I will probably try again and if he doesn't reply I will just ask for anyone who can help. I know he/they are probably tied up but it would be nice to at least get an acknowledgement.

So far I am pleased with the rig but it is going to the dealer on Monday for two warranty items that need their experienced, and nimble, touch.

Enjoy the adventure!
KC8RXQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 06:18 PM   #27

Model: Four Winds 23U
State: Illinois
THOR #992
I put in request Monday and received them all Wednesday morning. It may depend on the different manufactures since Thor is made up of a number of different company's, mine was for a Four Winds.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:49 AM   #28

Model: Synergy TT24
State: West Virginia
THOR #3433
Construction drawings

After playing phone tag with Thor Customer Care I got a call from Terry and shortly thereafter (same afternoon) received the requested drawings. It was evident that the in-house water filter isn't where it's supposed to be but I have plans to totally remove it and use one that is inline with the water hose. Terry was very helpful and even offered assistance when I mentioned the possibility of adding solar power components at a later date.

Regards to all!
Old 05-12-2016, 12:25 AM   #29

Model: 2016 Siesta Sprinter 24ST
State: Florida
THOR #2812
Sent email Sunday and received the diagrams today.. They should be very helpful.
I've never had a problem with THOR.
After my rig was on order, I asked to change the sofabed in the slideout to theater seats and it was approved by production and procurement the following day.
1972 Moto Guzzi Eldorado
Hooligan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 04:18 PM   #30

State: Delaware
THOR #8517
PDFs

Hi Ed,
I've tried until I'm blue in the face and I can't get anywhere with the construction drawings for my 2014 Vegas 24.1. On line they say the owners resource will be "coming soon". Unfortunately I need rear, side and top wall stud layouts now because of a bangup. Is there someone that will e-mail attach PDF files they have received to fellow forum users?
Thanks
Old 07-28-2017, 04:50 PM   #31
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by svozz View Post
Hi Ed,
I've tried until I'm blue in the face and I can't get anywhere with the construction drawings for my 2014 Vegas 24.1. On line they say the owners resource will be "coming soon". Unfortunately I need rear, side and top wall stud layouts now because of a bangup. Is there someone that will e-mail attach PDF files they have received to fellow forum users?
Thanks
They won't be online... but the form is there to contact Thor and request them with your VIN...
They don't make custom drawings for each vehicle - but by VIN should be able to get you the 'then current' modification level of the drawing...
I don't have Vegas drawings...
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 06:31 PM   #32

Model: Hurricane (33SL)
THOR #19741
1999 Fourwinds Hurricane 34ft with Slide (33SL)

I read through this thread and I couldn't find the answer to my question. I have contacted various dealers and Thor directly via phone. I have extensive water damage in the rear bedroom in my new camper (just bought it). I'm looking for construction diagrams and other drawings for the unit. Thor (via phone) is unable to find our VIN to help me out. The suggested that I get on this forum and ask the above question. Does anyone have these drawings/ diagrams so I can be prepared for the tear out?
Old 07-22-2020, 04:35 PM   #33

Model: 30.2 Bunkhouse
THOR #2780
I have end wall stud locations as well as end wall slide-out stud locations but are for a Thor ACE 30.2 with bunk beds. I also have a number of other schematics from Thor. When I contacted Thor they were very helpful and provided me with the drawings schematics that I was looking for. I wouldn't think they would need your VIN number for the drawings unless you had something customized. Just the model information and year is all I would think they need since they probably built quite a few of the same style unit. Not sure if this helped you or not, but I'd try contacting Thor again and hopefully you can get in contact with someone who might be more helpful.
Modified w/ a wheelchair lift
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote