Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 02-03-2019, 05:06 PM   #81
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Crossroads
State: Wisconsin
THOR #124
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmtech16450yz View Post
Care to elaborate on that? Go ahead, say what you meant.

Before you do though, keep this in mind...

en boca cerrada no entran moscas

Loose lips sink ship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmhappel View Post
I apologize if I have offended anyone here. Lynne and I are most grateful to this community and are looking forward to being active members of it.

As far as I'm concerned, you're not the one that should be extending the apology.

Old 02-03-2019, 05:35 PM   #82
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
I apologize if I have offended anyone here. Lynne and I are most grateful to this community and are looking forward to being active members of it.
I agree with Lloyd...
And looking forward to what you "bring to the table" in here!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 12:01 PM   #83

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Great people and great forum...I enjoy it very much and learn lots. Occasionally someone will troll through and just can't stand an opinion other than their own, or a "Google Engineer" that reads something "technical"...rushes to Google for a quick education, then comes back to challenge experience...confrontation is just in their blood. There are only two ideologies offered here...opinions or experience. Experience is all that really matters. It's Wisdom and Wisdom holds truth beyond any opinion.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 12:40 PM   #84
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
But it's the opinions, that add the hot sauce to the "Wisdom Dinner".
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 11:02 PM   #85

Model: Vegas 27.7
State: California
THOR #10907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
As far as I'm concerned, you're not the one that should be extending the apology.
Wow. You ignore the obviously Homophobic personal attack but think I should apologize for my response to it? I simply wanted him (gritz) to elaborate, but said that quote because if he really said what he meant it might be better if he'd kept his mouth shut. It was actually a kind warning and my way of saying "I know what you meant, but I don't appreciate it and you wouldn't actually want the members here to know what you meant".

"en boca cerrada no entran moscas" doesn't mean "loose lips sink ships". It means "in a closed mouth no mosquitoes can enter". It's very similar to this quote...

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."

There are a couple members on here that should read that to themselves. Over and over. And if the personal attacks and little jabs towards me persist, it just tells me I don't belong here and need to move on, which is fine. In case anyone is missing these little "jabs", this is an example...

Quote:
Occasionally someone will troll through and just can't stand an opinion other than their own, or a "Google Engineer" that reads something "technical"...rushes to Google for a quick education, then comes back to challenge experience...confrontation is just in their blood.
Completely unnecessary.

And finally, Ken (kmhappel), hasn't done ANYTHING to offend ANYONE on here, quite the contrary, he's been awesome.

Just thought I'd clear this up since somebody asked.

httphttps://youtu.be/2q9BuzNRc3Q
gmtech16450yz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 01:14 AM   #86

Model: A.C.E. 30.1
THOR #3016
Quote:
I have a subscription and a built in in my GMC, but when I called they said that the subscription tuner was an FM or USB connection. The FM connect, even they say has limited quality. The USB is apparently great but the radio in the Vegas doesn't have a rear USB.... Result I may swap out the entire unit. Do you have experience with the subscription tuner? I would like to hear it if you do.
Greetings from San Juan Capistrano!

I've just read this thread and until the last page of comments was so impressed with the overall graciousness of the comments. I like this forum, and feel comfortable posting here. It makes me sad when people get snarky with one another. And it scares me a bit, too, especially since I happen to be in a same-sex marriage ...

But to respond to your comment about Sirius/XM radio, there's a whole thread called "Serious, Sirius?". I posted a picture of the setup we have in our ACE, and we love it. We tow a Fiat that has the same cradle, so we can easily take the little module from one vehicle to the other without the need for another subscription.

I look forward to reading about your upcoming travels. And congrats on your new vacation home on wheels.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:11 AM   #87
Moderator Emeritus

THOR #124
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmtech16450yz View Post
Wow. You ignore the obviously Homophobic personal attack but think I should apologize for my response to it? I simply wanted him (gritz) to elaborate, but said that quote because if he really said what he meant it might be better if he'd kept his mouth shut. It was actually a kind warning and my way of saying "I know what you meant, but I don't appreciate it and you wouldn't actually want the members here to know what you meant".

"en boca cerrada no entran moscas" doesn't mean "loose lips sink ships". It means "in a closed mouth no mosquitoes can enter". It's very similar to this quote...

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."

There are a couple members on here that should read that to themselves. Over and over. And if the personal attacks and little jabs towards me persist, it just tells me I don't belong here and need to move on, which is fine. In case anyone is missing these little "jabs", this is an example...

Completely unnecessary.

And finally, Ken (kmhappel), hasn't done ANYTHING to offend ANYONE on here, quite the contrary, he's been awesome.

Just thought I'd clear this up since somebody asked.

WHOA-WHOA- WHOA my good fellow. Don't start jumping to conclusions!
I wasn't talking about you apologizing. Quite the contrary. I think you better go back and reread the post and give it a little more thought before jumping.
Ken and you have made this thread the excellent thread that it is.

You are correct --Ken (kmhappel), hasn't done ANYTHING to offend ANYONE on here, quite the contrary, he's been awesome.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:14 AM   #88
Moderator Emeritus

THOR #124
Now lets everybody get back on topic and keep this excellent thread going the way it started.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:52 AM   #89

Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Spot on!! Do a YouTube search for "stupid drivers" and see how many seniors come up. It's mostly the young with soft brains...you know...the ones with all the advice!! LOL
I've 'met' both of them long time ago. A 16 year old and a 76 year old years later. Both turned in front of me. I was on a bike both times. Made me quit riding for awhile.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:55 AM   #90

Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
You have to remember: each scar has a GREAT story; to go along with it...
And a hospital bill to go with it.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:32 AM   #91

Model: Vegas 27.7
THOR #10907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
WHOA-WHOA- WHOA my good fellow. Don't start jumping to conclusions!
I wasn't talking about you apologizing. Quite the contrary. I think you better go back and reread the post and give it a little more thought before jumping.
Ken and you have made this thread the excellent thread that it is.

You are correct --Ken (kmhappel), hasn't done ANYTHING to offend ANYONE on here, quite the contrary, he's been awesome.
I re-read your post several times, it was my quote you put in it that made me think you didn't like my reply to gritz's rude comment. NOW that I know what you really meant I re-read it AGAIN. lol. You included my quote along with Ken's because you meant US TWO shouldn't need to apologize! I get it now.

In hindsight, simply changing a couple words in your sentence to this would have changed the entire meaning for me...
Quote:
As far as I'm concerned, you're both not the one's that should be extending the apologies.
That's what sucks about the internet though, meanings and intentions can be totally messed up in all those 1's and 0's! I'm sorry I misunderstood your post and intention! I am very glad I posted that though, otherwise we'd all be in the dark and not know there was a big misunderstanding between you, me and Ken.

Back to sharing and learning. As far as the trolls, troublemakers or people who just don't want to learn, I will try my best to ignore their comments and not engage them. This has been an amazing thread and I enjoy sharing as well as learning from the exchanges.

httphttps://youtu.be/2q9BuzNRc3Q
gmtech16450yz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 08:08 PM   #92

Model: 2016 Thor Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #13869
I have learned lots from you folks on these threads. Lots!
Meanwhile,
If I ever offend one of you, I really want to know, so I can apologize too. lol

Tags
difference, sirius, triton, v10, v11