Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-06-2018, 10:19 PM   #1

State: California
THOR #8573
Jensen JRV212T won't turn on.

When i parked my 2013 30.1 ACE last fall my radio/backup camera was working.
Started things up this spring and the radio is blank. Backup camera won't work either.
I checked the fuses on the radio and the one in by the engine.
I checked and there is 12volts on B4 and B5 on the main wire harness.

Any other ideas or would you say my stereo is done?

Old 05-06-2018, 10:36 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
First thing, before the diagnostics start, is the USE/STORE switched to USE? You wouldn't be the first to get caught by that.
Old 05-06-2018, 10:59 PM   #3

Model: A.C.E. 29.2
State: Oklahoma
THOR #2542
The same device in our 2013 A.C.E. 29.2 failed in the exact same manner in 2015 and was replaced under Jensen’s warranty with a JRV215N. From what I understood at the time, it is a known problem. Our experience was that it would revive itself periodically and mislead us to think it was just intermittent. It was not.
Old 05-06-2018, 11:24 PM   #4
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Welcome to the club of the 'blank screen' Jensen 212T... (a search here will find several threads from the past.)
(Since you have 12v on both power pins - I assume the coach is in 'USE' mode.)

The 'blank screen' is one of several failure modes this radio has - sometimes can 'reset' it by unplugging for some period of time (physically removing the radio using the U shaped wires you should have gotten in with all the 'wonderful' manual - and disconnecting it from ALL power) - then plug it back in.

It is no more than a patch for a failing radio though...

Other failure modes include screen frozen on time (not changing); 'white' screen... black screen...

Had one replaced under extended service plan in 2016... supposedly with a 'new' 212T - though by that point they weren't being made anymore...
That one now has the 'frozen time' issue - so looking at another replacement now (different service plan - hopefully they will give me a different model.)
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 12:21 AM   #5

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
I would try to push in the 'reset' button detent for a few moments(gym clip), and see what happens, as well.

otherwise, you can contact ASA Electronics online, fill our a customer support form, and send you unit off to them in Elkhart. They will check it out, find it defective, and send you a replacement.

My third is on it's way back to me now....hurry, a Mother's day trip coming up on FridaY!
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 12:15 AM   #6

State: New Hampshire
THOR #12937
Jensen JRV212T won't turn on

I have the same issue though mine happened in a matter of minutes. Drove it home from the dealer and it was working fine. An hour later, went out to move it in the driveway and it did not work at all. Completely dead. Everything else works fine. Tried plugging in the motorhome, etc to make sure it wasn't a bigger issue or just a battery thing, but all else is good. Tried the reset button and nothing happened.

I am having a really hard time figuring out the specific fuse locations. I have a 2014 hurricane 32N and the diagram in the owner's manuals I have does not look like it matches up at all with the fuse box under the steering wheel be the floor board. I have not opened the BCC one yet. Is that where the fuses are that you mentioned?

Also, how do you fine the fuse that is supposedly attached to the radio itself. I saw some reference to that in another post, but can't seem to trace any thing from up under the dash to it to be able to locate a inline type of fuse.
Old 09-02-2018, 12:33 AM   #7
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Welcome to the site cqfarm123.

The fuse attached to the radio is on the back of the radio--the fuse physically pushes into the radio. The easiest way to see this fuse is to pull the radio out.

The BCC will also have a fuse for the radio on it.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 09:19 PM   #8

State: New Hampshire
THOR #12937
Jensen JRV212T won't turn on

Thanks. Very helpful. I took the radio out. Took out the fuse and it was good. Put it back in and went over and hit the use/disconnect switch and now it turns on and just gives me static. No radio, no cameras.

I am assuming this means the radio/part itself is shot as opposed to there being some other fuse in the BCC that I should check, but if anyone has different experience with them, please let me know. The BCC chart does say it has a radio fuse and a rear view fuse, but I have not yet tried to open the BCC so I'd need to figure that out to check them. It has some clips on the front that I pulled out, but the lid was still stuck on there, so must be one other trick to it to get it loose.

Thanks for helping the newbie.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:16 PM   #9

State: Oregon
THOR #8222
I have a similar experience. Whenever I remove cables from house batteries to charge them the JRV212T goes into static radio speaker mode and it will not turn off. You can turn down the sound and open the dvd loader and that’s it. After an hour with batteries hooked up and additional power generator or engine of shore line or so the clock comes back on and it works again. It draws 1.1 amps while the speaker sound mode is on and that draws the battery down to 12.34 or so.

You can turn it off with the power switch under the power monitor on the wall that turns off fans and lights etc,

Reset hasn’t worked on this.

Something happens when the 12v power is off and it changed to radio on mode with static speaker sound.

Frustrating problem.
Old 12-30-2021, 01:45 AM   #10

Model: Hurricane 35C
State: Minnesota
THOR #23837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
First thing, before the diagnostics start, is the USE/STORE switched to USE? You wouldn't be the first to get caught by that.
You just saved me lots of trouble! Thanks!