Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2019, 08:46 PM   #41

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Ed,
Thanks for keeping us up to date.
I will be looking at a 27.7 next weekend, I'll let you know what I find that is different.

DocMike

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 02:25 AM   #42

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Ed-
You rock! Thanks so much for the tremendous contribution you have made. Your manual was originally created for Axis and Vegas, but so much of what's there applies to other models. We need a smiley for a standing ovation!
Old 04-08-2019, 04:25 AM   #43

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #11380
Ed-
Bravo Zulu
2015 Thor Vegas 24.1
Calman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 09:32 PM   #44
P&J

Model: Windsport 34F
State: Mississippi
THOR #15570
Manual

Hi Ed,
Thank you for your work on this manual.
I have a 2016 Thor Windsport 34f, I could use your manual but unable
to download it here at work. Could you send it to me at
dads92toy@yahoo.com please?
I really would appreciate it.
Thank you again for your help and God Bless You.
Perry
Old 09-14-2019, 06:40 PM   #45

THOR #16534
Please send me the PDF, I am having issues with the link. Thank you MaletaSnell@gmail.com
Old 09-18-2019, 06:02 AM   #46

State: Alberta
THOR #15257
2017 Vegas 25.2

In the winterizing section, you recommend removing the coach batteries in cold climates. Living in Calgary, Canada, I have had to replace the 12 v with two 6 volts as the original 12v was never able to hold a full charge, likely because it had frozen at some point. You also recommend starting the generator during the winter while the unit is in storage. Will the generator start and/or charge anything if the coach batteries are removed? Does the generator help the chassis battery in any way?

Next job, winterizing the RV...and sigh, it is only September.

Thanks for the manual...it really does answer so many questions that the Thor manual does not. Still trying to get the On Demand Hot Water system to work properly as it is super sensitive to pressure and often goes from hot to ice cold.

Pam
Old 09-18-2019, 11:15 AM   #47

THOR #16534
Manual

Ed,

Thank you so very much!!! Amazing work!!!
Old 09-20-2019, 11:24 PM   #48
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
THOR #2829
Link to Ed Felker's Vegas/Axis Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by alemap View Post
In the winterizing section, you recommend removing the coach batteries in cold climates. Living in Calgary, Canada, I have had to replace the 12 v with two 6 volts as the original 12v was never able to hold a full charge, likely because it had frozen at some point. You also recommend starting the generator during the winter while the unit is in storage. Will the generator start and/or charge anything if the coach batteries are removed? Does the generator help the chassis battery in any way?

Next job, winterizing the RV...and sigh, it is only September.

Thanks for the manual...it really does answer so many questions that the Thor manual does not. Still trying to get the On Demand Hot Water system to work properly as it is super sensitive to pressure and often goes from hot to ice cold.

Pam

The generator starts from the coach batteries... the emergency start switch might allow you to start from chassis, but those coach wires better be taped.
Personally I’ve never physically removed the batteries for winter when I was in Michigan... Just made sure I had a complete disconnect...

We have a cure for winterizing... Florida!

For the on demand system, try setting the hot water temp to a comfortable shower temp - so you don’t need to mix in any cold water... An issue if different occupants like significantly different shower temps... but if you can agree, the system seems the like the more consistent flow.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 03:30 PM   #49

Model: Vegas 25.4
State: Maine
THOR #7999
Thank you colonel Felker for a great resource.
Old 12-12-2019, 12:22 AM   #50

Brand: Still Looking
State: Ohio
THOR #17546
Hi Ed... Your Axis Manual has been highly recommended to me. I have tried your MS One Drive link, but no dice. The error message says that it does not exist and to contact you.

Boy I sure would like to have my own copy!

Peace... Mack
Old 12-12-2019, 12:25 AM   #51
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
You would think this forum would be able to host something as helpful as Ed's manual.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 09:35 PM   #52

THOR #17569
Access to Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevedfelker View Post
I have distributed the Axis/Vegas Owners' Manual and Checklists I compiled to more 350 owners that requested it by email. I want to thank the many folks that replied to me with kind words about the manual.

To make it easier for new owners to get a copy of the manual based on my 2015 Vegas 24.1, I have set up a Microsoft OneDrive site. You can access the site shown below and download the latest addition of the manual in either MS Word or Adobe PDF format (using the menu on the right side of the OneDrive site).

To download, go to the link, in the upper right corner of the OneDrive site page you will see the menu icon that looks like this . . . Click on the menu icon. If you select "Download" it will download as a MS Word file. There is also a choice to "Download as PDF" by clicking on the menu icon (...) at the extreme right of the OneDrive page, and then select the Download as PDF option.

NOTE: The PDF file will down load faster, is a smaller file, and will print faster.

I will continue to update the manual with new troubleshooting and modification ideas as I see new things that might be of interest to owners. I have not updated the manual based on the changing configurations and floorplans of the 2016 and 2017 (and future) models. The manual will continue to be base lined to my 2015 Vegas 24.1. In general, the checklists and system operations continue to be relevant regardless of floorplan or model year.

The current manual is Version 8.0, dated 3 Jun 2019. The link below is a new link to my ONE DRIVE Shared Favorite. The file can be downloaded as a PDF file.

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AiYx6DLSeiiPgYBSfmvPhwGsR_0TkQ

Note Update (7 Apr 2019): I compiled this manual in Aug 2015. Over the past 4 years I have made numerous updates to include trying to update based on changes Thor made to the Vegas/Axis each model year. I am humbled by the way this manual has been accepted over the past 4 years. It was downloaded or I forwarded copies by email to approximately 1400 owners. It has been viewed by almost 16,000 visitors to this forum. I hope it has provided useful information to other RV owners, which was my intent in sharing it in the first place. The manual posted to the link is revised and in 8.5 X 11" format.

Note Update (4 Jun 2019): The file is now posted on my Microsoft One Drive and can be downloaded directly as a .PDF file. The master file for the manual is a Word 365 that I will save as a .PDF to my One Drive Shared Favorites whenever I make revisions.
Can't access AXIS manual Suggestions?
Thanks for you effort in putting it together.
Bob Johnson
Old 12-18-2019, 10:24 PM   #53
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by rejohnson View Post
Can't access AXIS manual Suggestions?
Thanks for you effort in putting it together.
Bob Johnson
The 1Drive link has been broken for a while now. Maybe someone has a recent copy they can provide for you.
Old 12-19-2019, 02:33 AM   #54

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
Have patience, Ed is aware and has promised to fix the issue.
Old 12-27-2019, 03:44 PM   #55

Model: 2017 Vegas 24.1
State: Texas
THOR #14032
The Link

I'm kicking myself in the rear for just saving link to favorites versus downloading pdf. Now link does not work. Please, please, please correct issue or can somebody email it to me. I own 2017 Vegas with a variety of electrical issues...ATS not engaging generator power, no house power from batteries, error code on Dual Motor Synchronous Velocity Slide Control - #9 Hall Pwr Short to GND, and feel of current when touching tire rims. Thank you.
Old 12-27-2019, 04:51 PM   #56

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Updated Info to Find Manual

All:

Several people have experienced difficulty in locating the manual to download. That is because in the last update to Microsoft OneDrive they changed how shared files are handled.

When you click the link in the sticky you should get something that looks like the attached image. It basically says the file may not be available -- but it is. You just have to do a few more clicks to get to it. Either go to the Files folder (circled in the attached picture) or click the link to My OneDrive files (second thing circled on the picture). Either will take you to where there is a shared .pdf file to download.

I updated the instructions in the first post of this thread with the new instructions. Sorry I can't make it go back the way it was because the new update to OneDrive just won't let me do it that way.

Here is what the instruction in the first thread now says:
To download, Click on link in the sticky below. When the link opens there will be a notice that says, "This item might not exist or is no longer available." That is not correct. It is available it was just stored differently in the last update version of OneDrive. Just either go to the Files folder in the menu on the left side of OneDrive -OR - click the link at the bottom under the notice that says "Go to my OneDrive. You want to select the .pdf file version.

If you are still having problems -- send me a PM with your email address and I'll forward a copy of the manual be email.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OneDrive.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	21950  
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 07:55 PM   #57

State: Virginia
THOR #9505
Col Felker,

Thank you for your service and for this great guide! I have used it so many times when the Thor manuals just didn't have the information needed.

I am trying to get the newest version and have tried repeatedly to follow your instructions. Every time it goes to the OneDrive login screen. I am using a Mac (OS 10.15) with Chrome.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thank you, Reggie
Old 12-27-2019, 09:10 PM   #58
Site Team

THOR #7035
Hey Sparky,

I notified him about this "logon" problem in the new thread. But even if you logon to Onedrive you still can't get to it as you only get access to your Onedrive account.
Old 12-28-2019, 08:26 PM   #59

State: Ohio
THOR #17670
Having issues getting V.8

Good afternoon Mr Felker,

I have an earlier version of your (incredible) manual. I followed you link as directed, but it took me to MY OneDrive. Is it possible to email me?

kldarwin@msn.com

or maybe help me what I'm doing wrong.

Thank you
Old 01-03-2020, 07:39 PM   #60

State: Hawaii
THOR #17727
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevedfelker View Post
Updated information to get to link (28 Dec 19)

I have distributed the Axis/Vegas Owners' Manual and Checklists I compiled to more 350 owners that requested it by email. I want to thank the many folks that replied to me with kind words about the manual.

To make it easier for new owners to get a copy of the manual based on my 2015 Vegas 24.1, I have set up a Microsoft OneDrive site. You can access the site shown below and download the latest addition of the manual in either MS Word or Adobe PDF format (using the menu on the right side of the OneDrive site).

To download, Click on link in the sticky below. When the link opens there will be a notice that says, "This item might not exist or is no longer available." That is not correct. It is available it was just stored differently in the last update version of OneDrive. Just either go to the Files folder in the menu on the left side of OneDrive -OR - click the link at the bottom under the notice that says "Go to my OneDrive. You want to select the .pdf file version.

The current manual is Version 8.0, dated 3 Jun 2019. The link below is a new link to my ONE DRIVE Shared Favorite. The file can be downloaded as a PDF file from the OneDrive Files folder.

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AiYx6DLSeiiPgYBSfmvPhwGsR_0TkQ
I have followed the instructions but there are no files maybe I need your microsoft login to get into your files?