Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 08-30-2016, 12:50 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Link to Ed Felker's Vegas/Axis Manual

Updated information to get to link (23 Feb 2022)

This is an update for the Axis/Vegas Manual. Thanks to David Marchand, we have an update to the manual that includes info on many of the system upgrades on Axis/Vegas through 2020+. More on that later below.

To date, approximately 18,000 owners have either downloaded or requested a manual in an email to me. On the Forum here the manual has been accessed about 46,000 times. When I originally compiled it in 2015, never in my wildest dreams did I think it would be downloaded and used by so many owners. I want to thank the many folks that replied to me with kind words about the manual.

The new update (Version 9.0) is available on my iCloud Drive as a .pdf file. I removed my ONE DRIVE location since so many people were having problems downloading the file. Hopefully the iCloud location fixes that problem. Below is the link to the shared file.

https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0..._Axis_Manual_9

Version 9.0 has an Appendix that begins on page 51, and contains information on the following model years 2020+: BMPro and A/C Controls, Girard Tankless Water Heater, Axxera Backup Camera Display, BIM 160, Battery Disconnect Switch, Solar Panels, Winegard Connect 2.0, SaniFlush, Ford 7.3 Liter V8 and E350/450 Chassis changes, Engine fluid checking & changing, Engine Room Fuse Panel, and Battery Access. I also added an explanation on how to open the hood on 2018+ (upward opening hood) models.

If you are still having a problem downloading from the link, send me an email and I'll forward a copy of the manual to your email address. My email is bevedfelker@live.com.[/I][/B]

2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 02:49 AM   #2

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Missouri
THOR #1971
Thanks Ed. Appreciate all you have done in compiling and updating this!!
Old 08-31-2016, 07:38 PM   #3

THOR #2601
I did an edit today to add the Automatic Transfer Switch. The new version/revision number is now
Version 4.0, Revision 2 dated 1 Sep 2016

The link is still good.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
Old 09-11-2016, 11:40 PM   #4

State: Minnesota
THOR #2667
Awesome!!!

I haven't visited this forum very often in the past two years - so I've just learned of this amazing resource you have created! It is just what we needed and Thor didn't provide!

I have some idea of what it took to put this together... I am totally in awe!

So... now I have a hint on why my slide motors had to be replaced... probably from getting them out of sync... and though only one went bad, the service center said they couldn't get it to work properly replacing only one - so two motors.

And the question I asked today about the weird hangy-down thing - already in your manual!

Lots of answers to questions I've wondered about... and answers to questions I never thought to ask!

Thank you so much.! and thanks to all your contributors as well.
Old 09-12-2016, 01:05 AM   #5

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Ed,

Thanks again. Just got the new update. I bookmarked the site too so I can keep up with the newer versions of your "Never Ending Story".

DOc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 12:26 PM   #6

State: Florida
THOR #1249
A big second on the thanks Ed. Your efforts on the manual with continuous updating is greatly appreciated.
Old 10-15-2016, 12:55 AM   #7

Model: Axis 25.3
State: California
THOR #2526
Tks for your effort
Baddad53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 05:46 PM   #8

State: North Carolina
THOR #5793
Thumbs up Thank you

Ed, I can't thank you enough!!

I am a new owner of a 2016 Axis 24.1 and, like many people apparently, I've been driven crazy by the Thor factory anti-manual. I'm not very mechanically inclined in the first place, and the manual wasn't helping!

What incredible generosity that you have developed this resource and give it away to us grateful recipients!

I hope this isn't out of line, but to Bev--could you please give Ed an extra big hug from all of us beneficiaries out here?

Gratefully, Jane
janecatherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 12:03 AM   #9

State: Washington
THOR #5874
Thanks Ed

I want to add to the list of those who are the beneficiaries of your hard work. Your kindness in sharing the owners manual surely will add another brick to your home in heaven, someday, in the far-off and distant future. Thank you again.
Len & Sharon Hershman
Old 01-16-2017, 04:36 PM   #10

State: Connecticut
THOR #6276
Thanks Ed for a great reference guide. As a new Vegas owner it will be very helpful.
Old 01-16-2017, 05:00 PM   #11

Model: Vegas 27.7
State: Kentucky
THOR #6005
Thanks Ed for all the work you've put into this resource. You've helped a tremendous number of your fellow RVers...including myself.
Old 03-26-2017, 10:08 PM   #12

State: California
THOR #6375
Do you know anyone who has a decent manual for a Thor Gemini?
I can't believe how poor and inaccurate the one is from Thor...
Old 03-27-2017, 05:10 AM   #13

THOR #1526
Great job Ed! - Leave it to the USAF to resolve so many of the issues encountered with Axis/Vegas ownership. We have a 2015 Axis 24.1 that has given us VERY LITTLE TROUBLE. The minor inconveniences have been resolved with a little critical thinking and basic problem solving (E-5 Vietnam Era USAF Vet). Kudos on the battery change piece. I made the change to AMG chassis and house batteries this year since to OEM were at age 3+. When I re-installed the battery access hatch, I sealed it tight with silicone sealant and anchored it on four sides with metal mending plates. I also installed 4 metal stud anchors into which I anchored the computer work table when re-installed - added much needed stability to that area and eliminated a periodic squeak/rattle from the area. AGAIN, THANKS for the time you put into the manual - extremely helpful.....
Old 03-27-2017, 02:13 PM   #14

THOR #1971
Ed,
In the section under bedding you suggest: "Don’t waste time with sheets & blankets. Buy a bed bag with sheets that Velcro inside."

I have googled and amazoned "bed bag" and "sheets with velcro" and find nothing that fits the bill.

Are you talking about just getting a zip open rectangular sleeping bag with a flannel lining and then making your own sheets with velcro to use with them. Since you go on to talk about: "If you buy sleeping bags, buy the kind that zip all the way open," it sounds like the "bed bag" may be something different than a sleeping bag.

Could you enlighten me on the "bed bag" please?

We still use sheets and blankets and my wife may be too civilized to go to a bag, but it is a real pain to make the beds in a 24.1. We also put in gel foam mattresses so they would need some kind of cover anyway.

I want to say again how much I appreciate you sharing the tremendous amount of work you have put into compiling this manual.
Old 03-27-2017, 03:05 PM   #15

THOR #2601
Road Hog -- here is a link to a drawstring bottom sheet. I couldn't find my old data on the sheet bag.

https://www.amazon.com/KING-White-Co...wstring+sheets

Here is another link to a zippered fitted bottom sheet
https://www.amazon.com/QuickZip-Fitt...d+bottom+sheet
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
Old 03-27-2017, 03:59 PM   #16

THOR #1971
Thanks Ed.
Either looks like it would keep a taut sheet in place and save crawling up on the bed to tug it back into place each morning.

They are a little pricey, but probably worth it for the hassle.

I also wonder about the comfort of having the zipper on top as it is apparently designed to be. It seems like it might be uncomfortable getting in and out of bed. This design would be much more convenient for washing the sheet.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:44 AM   #17

THOR #5526
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevedfelker View Post
I have distributed the Axis/Vegas Owners' Manual and Checklists I compiled to more 350 owners that requested it by email. I want to thank the many folks that replied to me with kind words about the manual.

To make it easier for new owners to get a copy of the manual based on my 2015 Vegas 24.1, I have set up a Microsoft OneDrive site. You can access the site shown below and download the latest addition of the manual in either MS Word or Adobe PDF format (using the menu on the right side of the OneDrive site).

To download, go to the link, in the upper right corner of the OneDrive site page you will see the menu icon that looks like this . . . Click on the menu icon. If you select "Download" it will download as a MS Word file. There is also a choice to "Download as PDF" by clicking on the menu icon (...) at the extreme right of the OneDrive page, and then select the Download as PDF option.

NOTE: The PDF file will down load faster, is a smaller file, and will print faster.

I will continue to update the manual with new troubleshooting and modification ideas as I see new things that might be of interest to owners. I have not updated the manual based on the changing configurations and floorplans of the 2016 and 2017 (and future) models. The manual will continue to be base lined to my 2015 Vegas 24.1. In general, the checklists and system operations continue to be relevant regardless of floorplan or model year.

The current manual is Version 5.0, revision 3 dated 11 Nov 2016.

https://1drv.ms/w/s!AiYx6DLSeiiP6UNyy_VYGDO0BW6L
Ed when you get to a place that has wifi please send me a PDF of the handbook. My email address is: sroy6855@msn.com.

I want to use it on my iPhone and when I go to the onedrive site it automatically downloads it as a word doc. I'd like it as a PDF file so I can use it in my iBooks app.

Thanks
Sli22sli. (Sims Roy)
Old 06-29-2017, 01:42 AM   #18

THOR #2601
Sims Roy -- read the 3rd para again. Instead of selecting download, select the menu icon on the far right ,(...). One of the choices is to download as PDF. I won't be back in Tampa before mid Aug to email you a PDF copy.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
Old 08-05-2017, 11:42 PM   #19

Model: Axis 24.2
State: Tennessee
THOR #3743
Battery Ground

Ed
Your manual is great. I have a question for you though if you don't mind. Where do the coach batteries get grounded to? I have either lost a ground cable or I am going nuts. I have the two battery negatives connected and the two positives connected to each other. I have a positive connected to the 100 amp breaker. I cannot seem to see where the ground hooks to the chassis. I can get another cable but for the life of me I am stumped. I am getting too old I guess :-(
Old 08-06-2017, 01:21 AM   #20

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Ed, I don't have an Axis or Vegas but I want to take the time to say Thank You for the time and effort you have put in to help so many people. Truly an act of sefllessness that has benefited so many!

If I had a hat on it would be off to you!!!