Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2017, 05:42 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Arizona
THOR #6739
Subwoofer Location

Anybody know the location of the subwoofer on a factor installed 5.1 surround system on an '08 Presidio 400 39G? I've looked around and can't find it. I have not extended my slides yet to look because my rig is in storage.

Old 08-15-2017, 06:01 PM   #2

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #4486
I found mine under one of the dinette seats, the one that did not have a sliding drawer. Had to unscrew the plywood top of dinette booth seat and low and behold, found a sub that was hooked up but not powered up. I plan to add an external switch so at least we can control whether its on or off without having to remove the plywood each time.
2015 Ford Taurus toad
schreinertms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 06:06 PM   #3

THOR #6739
Quote:
Originally Posted by schreinertms View Post
I found mine under one of the dinette seats, the one that did not have a sliding drawer. Had to unscrew the plywood top of dinette booth seat and low and behold, found a sub that was hooked up but not powered up. I plan to add an external switch so at least we can control whether its on or off without having to remove the plywood each time.
I don't have a Booth on mine
Old 08-15-2017, 06:35 PM   #4

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #4486
if you have a sound bar it should have a cable to the sub unless its wireless. If it is wired and not wireless, try following the cable from the sound bar. If there is no cable and its not wireless, than there most likely is no sub.
2015 Ford Taurus toad
schreinertms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 06:42 PM   #5

THOR #6739
Quote:
Originally Posted by schreinertms View Post
if you have a sound bar it should have a cable to the sub unless its wireless. If it is wired and not wireless, try following the cable from the sound bar. If there is no cable and its not wireless, than there most likely is no sub.
Thanks for the input. My rig has 5 speakers in the ceiling, no sound bar. Our kitchen table is attached to the wall and can slide out and partially in. The previous owners had the cabinet underneath the table modified for a couple of desk top computers - that might be where the subwoofer resided. I have requested a wiring schematic for the entertainment system from Thor but thus far ,have not heard anything back.
Old 08-17-2017, 03:01 PM   #6

Model: Tuscany 45AT
State: Illinois
THOR #7246
They hide the subwoofers well. I found ours on the floor behind the fireplace under the TV.