Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-17-2013, 11:28 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #343
No Signal Message on TV

I got to the full hook up campsight and plugged in the cable to the pedestal and into the jack on the Hurricane for the first time.
Turned on the TV and got a "no signal" message on the TV.
Anyone had this happen and how to fix?
Thanks Tony

Old 08-17-2013, 11:57 PM   #2
9uc

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Former Daybreak Owner
State: Nevada
THOR #360
I've had that happen a couple of times. Check your on screen TV menu to insure reception is programmed for cable and if you have a Winegard type router, insure that it is set to cable or both.
9uc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:32 PM   #3

State: Arizona
THOR #285
For good station reception your unit may use a TV power supply. The TV power supply must be turned ON to view local television stations. Turning the TV power supply ON sends 12-volt DC through the cable to the TV roof antenna. The voltage energizes the transistors in the antenna head amplifier.

You may need to turn the TV power supply OFF to view cable or satellite television.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:07 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 34E
State: Colorado
THOR #396
And, if you already hadn't done so, you need to do the channel search scan through the "Menu" on your remote. For both "Air" and "Cable". Hope this isn't an issue for you anymore since your post was last month.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:47 PM   #5

THOR #343
Smile

Thanks for the tips. I am going to bring the Hurricane home and try these ideas.
Thanks Again.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:08 PM   #6

State: Vermont
THOR #386
Tony, had this identical problem with our new Thor Chateau 24c when I stayed the first night after delivery at a RV park with cable. Turned out to be the TV thought it was set up for "air" transmission and did not recognize the cable input. I went into the menu and set the TV up to recieve "cable" and it worked fine. I also used the same menu to search for the provided stations toblock out those that were not being provided.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:18 PM   #7

Brand: Crossroads
Model: 37' fifthwheel
State: Connecticut
THOR #470
I being a savy guy and part time RV tech. Have an issue here too. I hook to park cable set tv to cable auto scan and get no signal. The new style jack has a three position switch left is air middle is off and right side is cable. Yet I get no signal. If I hook direct to sat in and move cable to that jack its great. I then bypass the amp and go direct to the splitter and hook to cable again and have TV in all rooms. My guess is the amp on the wall is faulty. I don't have a signal meter with me, but its a real odd amp system on these. Anyone else had this issue?
Old 12-18-2013, 08:13 PM   #8

Model: 2012 Daybreak 28PD
THOR #556
Make sure the selector box in your coach is on the cable setting. Then using the menu on you TV, select "source" and then select "cable". Afterward, do an auto scan. Good luck.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:08 PM   #9

THOR #556
I would like to clarify my previous message. I have a Jensen TV. Make sure the selector box is on the correct setting, i.e. "cable." With the TV on, push the "source" button on the remote. Select the input source, either TV or HDMI. Then press the menu button on the remote and select the channel menu on the screen. Select "cable" and then do the auto scan. That's how my TV works.
Old 05-05-2015, 12:15 AM   #10

THOR #1949
I just bought a new 2015 Thor Chateau. I bought a coax cable and plugged into park cable. I put television setting to cable, no go.

I saw previous posts mentioning a selector box. I have looked all over coach and can't find one. Anyone know where it might be?
Old 05-05-2015, 01:36 AM   #11

Model: Chateau 28Z
State: Texas
THOR #1229
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotormanDave View Post
I just bought a new 2015 Thor Chateau. I bought a coax cable and plugged into park cable. I put television setting to cable, no go.

I saw previous posts mentioning a selector box. I have looked all over coach and can't find one. Anyone know where it might be?
I my 28Z Chateau its in the cabinet above the couch to the left, right next to the AC plugs and AV power connection.
Old 05-05-2015, 02:51 AM   #12

Model: Hurricane 34E
State: Colorado
THOR #396
On my 34E Hurricane, the selector box was in the cabinet above the frig.
Old 05-05-2015, 04:10 AM   #13

Model: Four Winds 31W
THOR #1414
on my 2015 four winds 31w (pretty identical to the chateau) it is above the couch in the cabinets at the north end (right on the side of the overhead bunk).
Old 05-05-2015, 10:22 AM   #14

State: Vermont
THOR #386
Chateau tv

On my '13 24c the antennae amp is in the small overhead cabinet just above the entrance door. I found that if I have left the amp on from using air previously that the park cable reception does not work.
Old 05-05-2015, 02:00 PM   #15

THOR #556
It could be anywhere. Mine is in a cabinet over the passenger's seat. Call Thor's customer service line and they will be able to tell you in a quick minute.