Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 06-20-2017, 10:58 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37 LX
State: Florida
THOR #7853
Outside speakers

Is there a way to make the outside speakers play with the outside TV, or are they radio speakers only? Still finding new connections and settings on all the electronics.

Old 06-20-2017, 11:37 AM   #2

Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Virginia
THOR #5560
Of course it depends on the model of your MH, but my outdoor speakers are only wired to the radio. I have heard of owners rewiring them to work with the TV or getting a sound bar.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:43 AM   #3
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Does the radio have a bluetooth input? You can pick up a simple headphone jack to bluetooth adapter (Amazon) for a quick an easy solution.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 02:04 PM   #4

THOR #7853
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Does the radio have a bluetooth input? You can pick up a simple headphone jack to bluetooth adapter (Amazon) for a quick an easy solution.
Yes, radio in the master bedroom has blue tooth. Guess I'm missing something here but how would adding a blue tooth adapter to the radio tie into the outside TV ?
Old 06-20-2017, 02:13 PM   #5
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Pirate View Post
Yes, radio in the master bedroom has blue tooth. Guess I'm missing something here but how would adding a blue tooth adapter to the radio tie into the outside TV ?
Add the bluetooth adapter to the headphone jack on the TV and then connect/pair it to the radio in the bedroom and then the sound from the TV should come through the outside speakers rather than the TV speaker.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 02:21 PM   #6

THOR #7853
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
Add the bluetooth adapter to the headphone jack on the TV and then connect/pair it to the radio in the bedroom and then the sound from the TV should come through the outside speakers rather than the TV speaker.
Can't believe I didn't think of that, thanks guys !!
Old 06-20-2017, 03:15 PM   #7

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
On ours, the house radio can be set so the input is the front TV, then the sound can be directed to the front, bedroom or outside speakers.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:08 PM   #8
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laco View Post
On ours, the house radio can be set so the input is the front TV, then the sound can be directed to the front, bedroom or outside speakers.
The Gemini appears to have a different radio and setup (cabling) than the Challengers and other models.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 04:08 PM   #9

Model: '17 Hurricane 34F
State: Missouri
THOR #6040
It took Thor until model year 2017.5 in the Hurricane to connect the outside TV to the bedroom radio, which powers the outside speakers.

If you go the Bluetooth route, try pairing your phone or similar to the rear stereo first and see if it will reach your phone near the outside TV. I dont know if the BT adapter and phones have the same range, but it is a simple trial. Another option would be an FM transmitter, but that would also have a limited range.
Old 06-20-2017, 05:39 PM   #10

THOR #7853
I did a little playing around and found out that if I put the bedroom radio on Aux input 2 and use "B" speakers the outside speakers work with the outside TV. Well, let's say It looks like they should work. I have one speaker that doesn't work with the outside TV , but does work when playing the bedroom radio outside. Guessing either a radio unit problem or a wire is off between the outside TV and bedroom radio. Sure would be nice if the dealer knew the functions of what they sell.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:51 AM   #11

Model: 31S
THOR #7613
Thanks for this tip!! We have a 2018 Hurricane and we have been grumbling about the poor sound on our outdoor TV. We did ask our dealer during our delivery process if the TV sound would come through the outdoor speakers and he told us no. We did what you suggested here and, ta-da😀, TV sound through the outdoor speakers! Yay! We can't tell you how happy this makes us!
#firstworldproblems 😂😂😂
Old 08-12-2017, 12:56 AM   #12

Model: 31S
THOR #7613
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Pirate View Post
I did a little playing around and found out that if I put the bedroom radio on Aux input 2 and use "B" speakers the outside speakers work with the outside TV. Well, let's say It looks like they should work. I have one speaker that doesn't work with the outside TV , but does work when playing the bedroom radio outside. Guessing either a radio unit problem or a wire is off between the outside TV and bedroom radio. Sure would be nice if the dealer knew the functions of what they sell.
Thanks for this tip!! We have a 2018 Hurricane and we have been grumbling about the poor sound on our outdoor TV. We did ask our dealer during our delivery process if the TV sound would come through the outdoor speakers and he told us no. We did what you suggested here and, ta-da😀, TV sound through the outdoor speakers! Yay! We can't tell you how happy this makes us!
#firstworldproblems 😂😂😂