Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 01-27-2017, 01:39 PM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Georgetown 31L5
State: Ohio
THOR #6277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-FL View Post
DocP, when I wanted my drawings and such from Thor I did it with a phone call. The customer service first had me email them proof that I was the owner of my coach. I think I had to email them my registration and/or insurance papers. After they confirmed I actually owned that VIN then they began emailing me everything I wanted.

I agree with SuperD, a initial phone call would be better to get things rolling.
Thanks - I'll try that approach.

Old 01-27-2017, 01:44 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
DocP, if I lived closer to you I would be happy to make the call for you, I've been battling skin cancer for several months and can sympathize. Wish the best!!!
Old 01-27-2017, 03:00 PM   #23

THOR #6277
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
DocP, if I lived closer to you I would be happy to make the call for you, I've been battling skin cancer for several months and can sympathize. Wish the best!!!
Thanks, folks, for the advice, and SuperD for the kind words (best wishes to you as well!). Immediately after this series of posts, Thor Customer Care called me. With my wife's assistance, I was able to relay what I needed and they are sending me the PDF's I requested. Although I am not currently where the motorhome is stored, they indicated in which storage compartment I should be searching for the elusive cable port.
Old 03-07-2017, 03:52 AM   #24

Model: Vegas
THOR #5841
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevedfelker View Post
Chip -- here is the link to the Owners' Manual I compiled. https://1drv.ms/w/s!AiYx6DLSeiiP6UNyy_VYGDO0BW6L

What a resource, Wow! I have the '16 Vegas 25.2 so not everything applies perfectly, but I learned so much!

Thanks for the hard work and great organization. Thor should provide a book like this with each MH they sell.

Mike Richart
Old 03-07-2017, 04:01 AM   #25

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Texas
THOR #6162
My Challenger park cable hookup is right next to the socket for the power cable.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:18 AM   #26

THOR #6277
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash557 View Post
My Challenger park cable hookup is right next to the socket for the power cable.
Thanks. As it turned out, Thor forgot to install the park cable outlet on my Hurricane. I found the cable itself (without any connector attached to the end) stuffed up in a nook in one of my sewer compartments. The coach is currently at the dealer to have a cable outlet installed next to the power cable inlet (as well as a small number of other warranty items).
Old 08-10-2017, 03:40 PM   #27

State: Arizona
THOR #6739
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevedfelker View Post
Having been an Air Force Aircraft Maintenance Squadron Commander twice, a Logistics Group Commander once, and an Air Staff Division Chief for Munitions and Weapons Maintenance I am keenly aware of the importance of having technical data available when troubleshooting problems or making repairs. You can't "do it by the book" if you don't have the book or know what is in it. In purchasing a 2015 Vegas 24.1 I wanted to ensure I had all the available information possible to understand the complexity of the systems the RV contained.

Several owners of Thor Motor Coaches have often asked other owners how to obtain electrical schematics, plumbing and waste layouts, and other construction drawings. When I was researching material to include in the Vegas/Axis Owners' Manual I was compiling from information on the Thor Forum, I also wanted a library of the relevant schematics and construction drawings for my specific year, model, floorplan, and VIN.

On the Thor Motor Coach website there is an Owners section and a specific request button to contact Thor Customer Service. The customer care request is the way to ask Thor for schematics and drawings. There is a form that opens for you to fill out relevant contact information. You need to provide your email address, Year, Make, Model, and VIN. In the request area you can ask Thor for the schematics/drawings you are seeking. Thor will reply by email within a few days and have the requested information attached as PDF files. Here is a link to the Thor Customer Care request form: https://thormotorcoach.com/customer-care/

In the Vegas/Axis Owners' Manual I compiled, Appendix 3 contains a list of the twenty-some files I requested from Thor. The attached file has a complete list of the schematics and construction drawings Thor sent me for my 2015 Vegas 24.1. The file number on the list will vary by make and model; however, the name should apply to multiple Thor makes and models.

I also went on-line to obtain manufacturer's information for other systems on my Vegas that were not included in the bag of data provided by Thor. That information included:
- Canopy Owners' Manual
- Axxera Radio Manual
- Night Shade Operation and Programming
- TPO Roof Maintenance information
- Hehr Window Service Manual
- Schwintek Bunk Lift Operating Manual
Thank you Colonel

Ted Diehl
USMC E4 ret'd
Old 10-21-2017, 11:36 AM   #28

Model: Ace 29.4
State: North Carolina
THOR #9094
Ace 29.4 electric drawing

Does anyone have any drawing for 2017 ace29.4
Electric, plumbing, heating,HDMI cable
Old 10-21-2017, 11:37 AM   #29
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by wild bill View Post
Does anyone have any drawing for 2017 ace29.4
Electric, plumbing, heating,HDMI cable
Yeah: Thor does, call them.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 01:53 PM   #30

Model: 2017 Thor Vegas 25.2
THOR #7993
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Yeah: Thor does, call them.
I called Thor twice and emailed them twice over a month ago. Nothing so far. How long did it take you to receive your schematics?
Old 10-21-2017, 02:57 PM   #31

Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
We used the link on Thor's website and had our drawings in a day or two. Use the form at:

https://www.thormotorcoach.com/customer-care/
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 04:22 PM   #32
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1911 View Post
I called Thor twice and emailed them twice over a month ago. Nothing so far. How long did it take you to receive your schematics?
I got ours within a day of the phone call.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 04:56 PM   #33

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
I asked for and received, the electrical and plumbing drawings for our Gemini. The problem is, they are as designed, not as built, so they are not particularly accurate. The problem Thor and other manufactures have with as built, is no two units coming off even the same line are the same. The assembly workers, won't call them techs, do whatever is most expedient for each unit going by them, and it varies from unit to unit.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:06 PM   #34

THOR #7993
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmihalk View Post
We used the link on Thor's website and had our drawings in a day or two. Use the form at:

https://www.thormotorcoach.com/customer-care/
I've tried that several times. When I click on the I am not a robot box it won't connect.

I've also talked to a guy on the phone and told him exactly what I wanted and he said he'd get it right out to me. Still waiting.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:15 PM   #35
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
...I've also talked to a guy on the phone and told him exactly what I wanted and he said he'd get it right out to me. Still waiting.
Did you get his name? If you have it: call back and ask for him.
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 01:04 PM   #36
lug

Model: ACE 32.1
THOR #11442
Quote:
I've tried that several times. When I click on the I am not a robot box it won't connect.

I've also talked to a guy on the phone and told him exactly what I wanted and he said he'd get it right out to me. Still waiting.
If the "not a robot" box won't connect you need to try a different web browser(s). I called, asked for his email address and asked him to send documents to my email address. The turnaround time has never exceeded two business days.
Old 05-16-2018, 02:01 PM   #37

THOR #7993
I finally got through to the robot. I'll update if anything is sent. I asked for the construction drawings.
Old 07-03-2018, 12:01 AM   #38

Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
I would be willing to pay a reasonable price for a tech manual. I bought one for every other vehicle I have.
Yeah, I would pay for the manuals. Had the Chilton's manuals for the brand model and year of the vehicle Car, Truck or motorcycle and a few times the pages got dog eared and dirty. Didn't matter though. I liked the spec sheets for tuneups.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Thor RV Forum mobile app
Old 07-03-2018, 01:00 AM   #39

Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
the documents they share are really downright pathetic. Very low detail. I know that they would have good schematics, showing every wire color, lengths, how they are bundled, where they are routed... but what they send owners if very conceptual...at least that's what I got and have seen others get in the past....and they say they have nothing else.

I could believe that 'mechanicals'...things like plumbing.... might be a bit more vague...since so much of it is 'field built' by whatever worker happened to be doing the jury-rigging that day... but the wiring harness all have jigs for building that would, in my opinion, likely be very well designed.

framing too... what they send shows general concept and locations, but nothing really is dimensioned or shown in any sort of useful precision.
Old 07-08-2018, 02:46 PM   #40

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Oklahoma
THOR #6418
I called about a problem with not receiving a recall notice. They still showed the first owner. While I was getting how to fix this, he asked if there was anything else I needed. I told him I had wiring issues. I received 12 and 120 diagrams in email before we hung up. I think it was Tim I was talking to.

Frank
FrankMor is offline   Reply With Quote