Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-06-2017, 01:31 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 35 M
State: New York
THOR #6832
Thor service on the road

Windsport 35M, brand new works great . Had a Few issues . One could be become serious.Leaving in a month.Called camping world. I wanted to leave it for a week or two. Said he was too busy and can bring it in about 3 or 4 weeks then they have it looked at 3 days, then get Thor to authorize it 3 days . Really I'm leaving on the road in 4 weeks. So gotta look into Rv repair. Question, if the issues are serious it will take me about 5-6 weeks to have issues addressed what do most folks do.

Old 10-06-2017, 04:02 AM   #2

Model: 22FE
State: Washington
THOR #8606
Have same "wait, "wait" issues with C.W. in Burlington WA. I took my rig into them 2 weeks ago to get one item done for warranty work. Found 2 other things when I brought in 2 weeks ago. Now, 2 weeks later, still waiting for parts which is a new Axxera radio and spring shim kit. Problem with this dealership repair shop, to many rigs, not enough workers and last time I was there, observed workers in shop, 2, running around playing grab ass off and on in the over an hour time I watched them. I wonder how much time they lose in a days or weeks work screwing around instead of working. Seems shop is very un-organized and mis-managed.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:10 AM   #3
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary d View Post
Windsport 35M, brand new works great . Had a Few issues . One could be become serious.Leaving in a month.Called camping world. I wanted to leave it for a week or two. Said he was too busy and can bring it in about 3 or 4 weeks then they have it looked at 3 days, then get Thor to authorize it 3 days . Really I'm leaving on the road in 4 weeks. So gotta look into Rv repair. Question, if the issues are serious it will take me about 5-6 weeks to have issues addressed what do most folks do.
Some details of issue might help....
Under warranty Thor has been known to send parts to owner if it is something you can replace yourself.

Unfortunately long waits for repair appts seems to be normal...
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 11:44 AM   #4

Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
First of all, I wouldn't let 90% of CW's change the oil in my lawnmower! IMHO they hire anyone off the street for techs and could care less about quality workmanship.

If still under factory warranty you can do some research online and see where there are some Thor dealers on your trip route. But beware, a lot of dealers will put you at the back of the line as soon as they find out you didn't buy your RV from them.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:05 PM   #5

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
You must be your own best advocate with Consumer Service Reps. Start that process trying to understand what is wrong - note this not always what is broken - and then what needs to be done to repair. If you've got a local service center that can do the work, give them a call AND THEN CALL THOR CSR. If you cannot find someone that can do the work, GIVE THOR CSR A CALL. Most times they can help find someone to do the repair. Don't stop there. Find out from service exactly what it is, that is going to be repaired and ask the question about status of parts. Then call Thor CSRs to confirm the status of the repair to make sure the service center and Thor agree. Repair information like - when will parts be shipped, received, installed and finished. If you cannot get fairly specific info, chances are your repair is what the tech industry use to call "Vapor" - not really there.

Lots of horror stories on on-line forums of folks that leave their coach at repair for days, weeks, months only to not get repair done.

The process above is what we used and Thor always came through for us on everything from leveling system overall to blown out window.
Old 10-06-2017, 02:32 PM   #6

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Great advice from bigben. Even if you are considering a modification on your coach, checking with Thor about the advisability and how to precede is advised. When I my coach was under warranty, Thor paid for the trouble shooting at my local Jayco dealer, then sent me the parts, and paid for the repairs by the Jayco dealer. All I had to do was send the broken parts back to Thor (in their prepaid box). They will also authorize a mobile tech repair and even recommend one close to you if you are under warranty. Even if your coach is out of warranty, they can recommend a mobile tech close by. I recently had a $8,900 accident repair done to my coach. Thor supplied all the required parts just 6 days after they were ordered. The coach was in the shop for only 11 days including painting.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote