Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 06-12-2019, 06:00 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Allegro Open Road
State: Florida
THOR #8069
Yes I installed it myself, Mounted the Wineguard 2.0 in the front of the coach in the center on roof, has four screws to hold it down. You will need a tube of Dicor, I routed the wire over to where the wire goes through for the antenna, just had to make the hole a little bigger and used dabs of Dicor on the wire to hold it tight to the roof (no holes). Then picked up my 24 volts off of the antenna booster, and also mounted switch next to antenna booster button inside cabinet. Took about 3 hrs start to finish.

Old 06-22-2019, 01:44 AM   #42

State: Michigan
THOR #12333
The main problem with wi-fi is there are way too many people on any open or campground one. The extender isn't going to do anything to speed up an overcrowded network. We use our extender (came with the motorhome, I told the salesman they were worthless when he was hyping it up) to extend our hotspot from our phone. For us anyway, it is worthless to get on a campground network that is overcrowded. Way too slow.
funmoneypit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 02:33 AM   #43

Model: 25.3
State: Texas
THOR #16640
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwadley View Post
My 2018 coach (THOR Siesta) came with the Winegard WiFi extender system installed. I have not been able to get it to work. I called Winegard and talked to one of their techs. I called THOR and redirected to the Winegard Tech service department. I had a friend who is in the communications system business go through the directions in an attempt to get it to work and still can not use it. The system is set up so that you can either use their data for a price or tie into your own cellular data system to operate. I wanted to use their data for their price but could not get to the needed area to pay for their data. This is an expensive system that was installed in my coach that I just can't get it to work.
Which Winegard do you have?
I just purchased a Vega 25.3 that has a Winegard TOGO Roadlink C2, I did have some issue getting the data set up but was able to sort it out. After that we have used it from the Coach to the SB house to watch Netflix and as a home WiFi. We do this when we are home, then it leaves with us on the road, I still have a VerizonWireless MIFI with unlimited data as that is what we used the last year in our previous coach. Let me know some specifics on what is not working and possibly I can help.
The account that I use with At&T is called AT&T connected RV annual unlimited plan.
Current Coach - 25.3 Vegas - TOGO RoadLink C2 -
Previous Coach - American Tradition 42P
Dsweet is offline   Reply With Quote