Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > Crossroads RV | Travel Trailers and Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2012, 11:17 PM   #21

Brand: Crossroads
Model: Cruiser 31RK
State: Minnesota
THOR #85
Did a quick check of my pin box deflection. Load and unloaded got repeatable numbers of 1/4" in one direction. I hope it a good thing, CR said 1" is common. I don't think so because that only in one direction. In both that would 1"P/P which equals a broken back!!

Old 11-05-2012, 10:38 AM   #22

Model: Zinger
State: New York
THOR #100
I don't think a 1" over all is to bad 1/2 " in each direction.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:00 AM   #23

THOR #85
Pin Box Check

Thanks for the feed back.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:58 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

State: Wisconsin
THOR #124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebo View Post
Did a quick check of my pin box deflection. Load and unloaded got repeatable numbers of 1/4" in one direction. I hope it a good thing, CR said 1" is common. I don't think so because that only in one direction. In both that would 1"P/P which equals a broken back!!
Lebo, how did you go about taking your measurements? If you just measured from the pin box to the cap, I don't think that will give you the correct numbers. Larry Day has a formula for doing it that is correct. I went thru this with him, but don't remember the way it was done for sure, and with the old forum down it will be hard to get any of that info. When I get a chance I'll check and see if I kept any of it.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:01 AM   #25

THOR #85
Pin box measurment

I measured from the front of the pin box out side edge no load. Then applied load on to tri-pod stand three times. Where the total deflection was 1/4". Was I wrong?
Old 11-07-2012, 03:10 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

State: Wisconsin
THOR #124
Larry had a procedure using a laser level. It was set up inside the trailer. I believe all the measurements were taken there. If he doesn't show up here, I will try and get a hold of him so we can get this straight.
I looked for my info but don't have it any more. It's to bad all of that was on the old forum.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #27

Model: Cruiser 32CK
State: Ontario
THOR #98
I did what Lloyd is referring to. I can't remember what my results were, but they weren't as bad as larrys. I set the laser on the floor just by the bathroom door (just above the stairs) and put a piece of tape on the carpeted step below the closet door and marked where the laser hit hooked and unhooked. That shows the flexing of the bedroom floor from one end to the other. Larry had another complicted measuring system he did with a bottle jack under the pinbox but I didn't do that and don't remember exactly how he did that one.
The repair for that involved removing the front cap and everything around the pinbox and welding in some gussets on the corners. I remember seeing them on the new cruisers when we toured the factory. Again, there are pictures of those, I might have them somewhere, but they were also on the old forum.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:02 PM   #28

THOR #85
12-Point Promise

CrossRoads RV offers a one-year warranty backed by our 12-Point Promise.
  1. CrossRoads Direct

A big deal - we are authorized to administer not only our warranty but the warranty of our vendors for the entire year. Having this in-house will allow us to deliver quicker service times, happier dealers and more satisfied retail owners.
  2. Quick Assist

An industry first - we provide each coach with two hours of service time to quickly diagnose and fix issues without prior pre-authorization. This dramatically shortens the time it takes our owners to get back on the road.
  3. 24-Hour Factory Support

We provide access to a CrossRoads employee, 24 hours a day for timely, knowledgeable responses.
  4. One-Hour Work Authorizations

Our pledge to our dealers is to quickly and efficiently turn around authorization times within one hour of the dealer request.
  5. Emergency Parts List

By providing our dealers a list of parts that 1) would render the coach unusable or 2) are frequently used, we can better ensure our dealers are prepared for potential issues and can get our owners back on the road without lengthy delays.
  6. Dealer Stock (our claim, their part)

Making it easy and efficient is what NGV is all about. Allowing our dealers to quickly diagnose using Quick Assist, then allowing them to submit a claim and use their in-house parts to fix the issue is designed to be quick and easy for everyone.
  7. Dedicated Supplier Reps

For added piece of mind, CrossRoads has partnered with the industry's largest supplier to provide unparalleled support by having two dedicated CrossRoads reps on staff to quickly resolve issues.
  8. NGV Ownership Delivery Process

We care - our NGV delivery process ensures our owners are not only comfortable with their purchase but they understand how to use, maintain and fully enjoy it.
  9. DSC Support

The Dealer Support Crew (DSC) is tasked with redefining the relationship between CrossRoads, our dealers and our retail owners. How, you ask? By increasing dealer visits from CrossRoads employees, by opening up lines of communication between Customer Service Departments, by enhancing the Delivery experience and finally making sure your CrossRoads product makes a great first impression by being Show Room ready.
  10. Six-Month Ownership Satisfaction Guarantee

Peace of Mind - Owners can bring their new purchase back to the selling dealer for a six month check-up on CrossRoads' dime to further enhance the ownership experience.
  11. Show Room Ready Inventory

To help ensure CrossRoads product makes a GREAT first impression, all CrossRoads sales staff and the newly formed DSC will inspect dealer inventory during visits to ensure our product is SHOW ROOM ready.
  12. Coach-Net 24-Hour Roadside Assistance

Each CrossRoads product comes standard with one year of Coach-Net for additional peace of mind while our customers are traveling.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:27 PM   #29

Brand: DRV
Model: 36RSSB3
State: Texas
THOR #88
Well they already broke the "promise" by removing the "owners care package" from it. It is almost as if the right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing at Crossroads. It is a shame the Crossroads of old is gone....
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:57 AM   #30

THOR #85
Warranty Work Hacks

Here's a copy of a email that sent the dealer in RAMSEY MN who tied to do do some warranty work on my 2011 crossroad cruiser 31RK. I asked them to do three things.
Fix front glass cap. Results: Covered cracked and painted and forgot to put art work back on! FAIL
Fix small leak on water pump. Results Fixed they said. Turned on water and held at pressure for about one min, flooded the living area. Checked leak out and found hose ID larger then OD of barb fitting coming off the pump. So they added 6 O-rings to the barb fitting and push the hose back on and clamped. FAIL
Check brakes Results: They said it sounds like they work, FAIL Took to RV service company and payed to have it done Results: CORRECT What Warranty? promise or no promise. Boo Hiss!
Old 06-08-2013, 10:16 PM   #31

THOR #85
Crossroads Warranty and Lack of Service!!!

Here's more sad news from a fellow crossroads owner. Read and Weep!
Topic: Problem with Crossroads Warranty
Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 2:53pm Hello. I was just wondering if any out there has had problems with CROSSROADS NOT STANDING BEHIND THERE PRODUCT. In April 2012 I purchased a new 25' Sunset trailer from a local dealer. When I arrived home I discovered a large staple head protruding from the ceiling panel in the middle of the dining area. The staple had punctured a noticable hole in the overhead panel. The dealership advised that they could repair the hole but this is when the issues started with CROSSROADS. The dealership was originally advised to place a dummy speaker cover or smoke detector over the staple. The local service manager advised me that he refused to do this, A service request was submitted by the dealership toCrossroads who in turn refused the repair work. I contacted the warranty department and spoke to TRACY WILLIAMSwho stated she would look into it. TWO MONTHS LATER, no response. I phoned her again and at this time she advised me that she was not prepared to do anything about this issue. I could not believe it, she stated to me "I AM NOT PREPARED TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT THIS CLAIM". I then proceeded to phone the Warranty manager MARK QUINN who received the same run around. After three more months I made several attempts to contact him by phone but he refused to acknowledge my calls or return any of my calls.
The local dealership was great about all the other warranty issues but wanted to hear back from Crossroads prior to any repairs. The damaged panel wraps around behind the fridge and a series of cabinets and contains several electrical outlets, all of which have to be removed prior to replacement. This requires a number of work man-hours labour. The manufacturer compensates the dealers for their repair work. Large repairs often require pre-authorization before the work is done.
After nearly 8 months the local dealer finally received an e-mail from MARK PARSONS of CROSSROADS stating that I no longer wanted the repair work completed and he was confused about their request for preauthorization on the ceiling repairs. Really, after numerous phone calls from myself and the dealer that was the best they could come up with. Well here it is 11 MONTHS LATER AND GUESS WHAT, NO REPAIRS AUTHORIZED BY CROSSROADS. By now I am growing a little dis-concerned. SO PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF YOU INTENT ON PURCHASING A NEW CROSSROADS PRODUCT BELIEVING EVERYTHING IS COVERED UNDER WARRANTY........ BECAUSE IT IS NOT.
If you have positive story to relate, please feel free to do so on this post. But remember my local dealer has been great about fixing all the little issues to date. My problem is not with the dealer but the manufacturer CROSSROADS. I do not think that is issue will be resolved anytime soon. Keep on camping.

bigdaddywl
Old 06-08-2013, 11:34 PM   #32

Brand: DRV
Model: 36RSSB3
State: Texas
THOR #88
Lebo, for anyone that has been around Crossroads for more than 3 years it is not to difficult to see what this new management team has done to the company in the last two years. The cost cutting they have done is starting to take it's toll at the cost of Crossroads reputation......
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:22 AM   #33

THOR #85
A little up date on the front cap repair, so far no crack have re appeared yet. Hows your front fairing after your repair. Camped about 28 days. Oh I see the CR Prez got the boot. Good for him!! Lebo Aka Lee
Old 08-15-2013, 12:58 PM   #34
Moderator Emeritus

Model: Zinger ZT26BL
State: North Carolina
THOR #91
glad to hear the repair appears to be working.
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crossroads, warranty