Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > Crossroads RV | Travel Trailers and Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 01-20-2013, 02:06 AM   #1

Brand: Crossroads
Model: Cruiser 31RK
State: Minnesota
THOR #85
New Grand Design RV Company

Just read up and checked out there new 5th wheel from Grand Design RV Co. It looks like the same song and dance we have seen over and over. The warranty is the same old stuff also. So whats new? Check it out Granddesignrv.com

Old 01-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #2

Brand: DRV
Model: 36RSSB3
State: Texas
THOR #88
Yup, looks like another in a long line of the same old thing manufactures.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:09 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

State: Wisconsin
THOR #124
I must be a little slow this morning with this cold weather. I don't see any construction specs, height, width, weights, etc, etc. Can't even find the warranty???????
Old 01-20-2013, 03:51 PM   #4

Brand: DRV
Model: 36RSSB3
State: Texas
THOR #88
What cold weather, it is going to be 72* here today.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:54 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

THOR #124
Pack up that PP and come on up. I'll take you ice fishing.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:33 AM   #6

Brand: Redwood
Model: RW39MB
State: New York
THOR #10
I see the management are escapees from Thor/Keystone. Looking at what little they show, sure looks a lot like our Redwood, but without a lot of our standard features. I could find out, but to me it looks like they have yet to produce their first unit. Think I'll stay with what we have.
2018 Chevy K3500HD High Country, Crew cab, DRW, D/A pulling a 2016 Redwood RW39MB, full body paint, dual ACs, dual awnings, Residential fridge, fireplace, sleep number bed, auto leveling, auto sat dish, stacked w/d, disk brakes, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde IS and pin box, Comfort Ride Hitch, Onan 5.5K Genny.
Michelle & Ann S.
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:46 AM   #7
Site Team

Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
Hey Lloyd they are ice fishing here
Old 01-21-2013, 06:51 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Model: Zinger ZT26BL
State: North Carolina
THOR #91
Well it certainly looks like they are catering to dealerships and not souch the public. It will be interesting to watch them and see how they do.

Oh and as for cold our first snow of the year came on thurs night (all
2" of it) cancelling schools. It was almost all gone by Fri and now we are back in the high 50's low 60's. Gotta love nc.
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:34 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

THOR #124
Hey Ally, you might not have the snow and cold, but are affected by the flooding down there?
Old 07-17-2013, 06:08 PM   #10

Brand: Still Looking
State: Kentucky
THOR #376
They are selling as fast as they come on the lot All the parts are LCI from the frame up to the roof. I traded my 2011 Alpine in on the GD wife loves it I would have stayed with Alpine because it was paid for friends of mine bought a Forest River Trilogy 5th wheel all the same parts just more wood and a FG roof top was the only thing different, I would say it does not make any matter what brand you buy as long as it is to your taste. Because I see that Lippert has big part of the market on 5th wheels. Thor lost the Brothers that build Keystone RV to the large RV brand in the industry. I also trade my 2008 Cameo in on the Alpine everyone is always saying how great the frame is because it is made in house let me tell you that after they when out of business you could not get parts so you were always piece milling parts. The roof sucked. That just my 2cents worth, After buying the GD I can see no differences in the upper end Thor Products.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anaro View Post
Well it certainly looks like they are catering to dealerships and not souch the public. It will be interesting to watch them and see how they do.

Oh and as for cold our first snow of the year came on thurs night (all
2" of it) cancelling schools. It was almost all gone by Fri and now we are back in the high 50's low 60's. Gotta love nc.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:23 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Model: Zinger ZT26BL
State: North Carolina
THOR #91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
Hey Ally, you might not have the snow and cold, but are affected by the flooding down there?
Thankfully not too much. We live in a 100 year floor plain and so far the stream swelled a little but has not overflowed its banks. There was some flooding in Chapel Hill near work. It flooded out several apartment complexes on the back way home causing a lot of unc students to lose a lot since renters doesn't cover flooding. Knock on wood my biggest issue has been too much rain killing my plants. And this was my first attempt at gardening
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:07 AM   #12

State: Michigan
THOR #535
In a couple of years these guys will just sell grand design to Thor. It is a reoccurring theme. Dutchman was started in a barn, sold to Thor. Keystone sold to thor. heartland sold to Thor. The same salesmen moving from company to company bringing their dealer network with them. Nothing is new at Grand Design because it is the same people moving from Keystone or Heartland or Dutchman.Same old methods of manufacturing by the same Guys using the same mediocre materials from that monopoly Lippert components.
Old 12-11-2015, 05:01 AM   #13

State: Hawaii
THOR #3304