Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > Crossroads RV | Travel Trailers and Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2013, 02:16 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Crossroads
State: Wisconsin
THOR #124
Rushmore owners headsup

This poor fella has posted this on the CR forum. I can't imagine having this type of trouble/ problems as he is experiencing.

C&Jcampers

Forum Weekend Camper

Thanks(0)
Quote Reply Topic: Collasp of Landin gear!!!
Posted: 2 hours 29 minutes ago at 8:31am This is very serious!!I have a 2013 Washington, with the Lippert 6 pt Landing system.
While setting up my unit, I had a complete system collasp of the front landing gear due to the legs being installed improperly.
Camping world was hired to raise my unit up off the ground and upon inspection of the area they discovered that the front legs were installed wrong.
My unit could have collasped on any day at any time that I have owned the unit for 5 weeks and 5 days.

PLEASE! I am posting this to make folks aware a possible issue that could be LIFE THREATENING.

I would have a unit inspected if you have this system installed. Hopefully My unit is the only on with this issue.

God Bless, Jim

Jim&Cathy
Yoda (the cat)
2013 Rushmore Washington

Old 03-28-2013, 02:56 PM   #2

Brand: DRV
Model: 36RSSB3
State: Texas
THOR #88
It is good to see Crossroads quality improving.......
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:38 PM   #3

THOR #88
Looks like he has heard nothing from Crossroads since he contacted them three days ago and he found out his frame is bent.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:33 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

THOR #124
Almost unbelievable that a company does business like that!! I guess it makes a person wonder how much longer they will "be in business".
Old 03-28-2013, 09:34 PM   #5
Site Team

Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
The good thing about the money is Thor has deep pockets. It will last until The managers at Thor wake up to the fact that this division quality has gone down, and what use to be a sterling rep is fast dissapearing. It will take some good management and open changes to their current policey's to make any difference. Janet still wants their new CF355BF but I am very hesitant
Old 03-28-2013, 10:09 PM   #6

THOR #88
They must be cutting money from Crossroads to try and fund the second coming of Carriage.....
Old 03-29-2013, 05:07 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Model: Zinger ZT26BL
State: North Carolina
THOR #91
I just don't know what to say other than that sucks and they are lucky no-one was in a place to get hurt when it happened. I agree crossroads appears to need to wake up and pay attention. It appears even Tom Montague has run away from the owners these days and from listening to people talk I'm beginning to wonder if they ave tied Randy Mischler's hands from helping people out.
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:16 PM   #8

THOR #88
One has to wonder if Tom was told to stay off the forum from someone higher up after the warranty post went bad on him. Randy is no longer the "go to" person he was for all those years.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:03 PM   #9
Site Team

Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
And Randy's is one of those who was able to make unhappy people very happy
Old 03-29-2013, 10:02 PM   #10

State: Pennsylvania
THOR #271
I bought a new Rushmore 35CK based on Crossroads reputation at that time and now I sit an worry about what will happen and when will it happen.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:42 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

THOR #124
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingstick View Post
I bought a new Rushmore 35CK based on Crossroads reputation at that time and now I sit an worry about what will happen and when will it happen.
Bill, don't sit there worrying about the darn thing. You will just get an ulcer. I'm sure you've owned it long enough that you have most of the bugs worked out. Just enjoy it. They don't build all problem units. Even tho sometimes it seems like it the way the posts get to going. The Rushmore is a beautiful rig.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:58 PM   #12

State: Pennsylvania
THOR #271
I know you are right Lloyd. We had no intentions of a new unit and were just looking around. We were quite happy with our Montana but my wife and I both were awestruck by the Rushmore. We purchased it last April (2012). I have had problems and they were addressed for me except for my recliners which we are still working on and have an appointment this coming Tuesday. I realize one hears mainly complaints on these forums and after a while they start to play on one. There have been some nightmarish issues on these forums. I know for what I invested in a toy it really gets scary sometimes. We do enjoy the unit and will continue to do so. Our first trip out is scheduled for April 19 and from May 14 until October we are in it all the time. It is a very nice home away from home. I will take your advice.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:21 PM   #13

Brand: Still Looking
State: South Carolina
THOR #272
Landing Gear Victims, C&J Campers

This is very serious!!
I have a 2013 Washington, with the Lippert 6 pt Landing system.

Below is my original posting of the colllasp of my landing gear.
Thanks for everyones concern and well wishes.

I hope once the holiday has pasted, some action will commence.

If anyone has any pull with UPPER management I think I could use it.

There are many additional postings and comments on the CR forum.

God Bless and Happy Easter.

While setting up my unit, I had a complete system collasp of the front landing gear due to the legs being installed improperly.
Camping world was hired to raise my unit up off the ground and upon inspection of the area they discovered that the front legs were installed wrong.
My unit could have collasped on any day at any time that I have owned the unit for 5 weeks and 5 days.

PLEASE! I am posting this to make folks aware a possible issue that could be LIFE THREATENING.

I would have a unit inspected if you have this system installed. Hopefully My unit is the only on with this issue.

God Bless, Jim
Old 03-30-2013, 08:16 PM   #14

THOR #88
Jim, please see my last post on the Crossroads forum about your issue and who I would be contacting about this today.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:04 AM   #15

Brand: Still Looking
State: Indiana
THOR #234
C&J Campers,

I have the 6 point Lippert system on my Infinity. I am concerned.

You've said that it collapsed. Could you please be more specific. Was it the bolts that hold the hydraulic rams to the frame? Or, the hydraulic rams loosing their fluid pressure? Or, what?

Please let us know.

Thank you.

2012 Infinity 3850RL
2011 Ford F-350 FX4 6.7 Diesel
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:12 PM   #16

Model: Rushmore Lincoln
State: California
THOR #294
We just purchased our Rushmore Lincoln 11 days ago, and yesterday one of the rear jacks retracted about an inch or two on it's own....we are in contact with Crossroads to let them know that we are concerned in light of C&JCampers issue with complete failure. So nervous about this since we just had our grey water tank rupture on us, it sounded like the jacks retracting when it ruptured!
2013 Rushmore Lincoln
snommis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:53 PM   #17

THOR #88
I think Jim has been told to lay low and not say anything and they will take care of him, or at least I hope that is what they are doing. Plus CR and Lippert are going to have to pinpoint the issue and see how many other units may have the same problem if any. If Crossroads is not taking care of Jim I hope he is seeking legal help.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:27 AM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

THOR #124
I find it hard to believe that a company would have the gall to tell a customer to keep quiet in order to get their rig fixed. If that were to happen to me, I would be sooo vocal.
After the length of time it has been since Jim's rig went down, I can't figure out why something hasn't been made public.
If they know, and have acknowledged they have a problem, it shouldn't be rocket science to figure out how many frames/and trailers are affected.

Jim and Steph, I wish you guys all the best, and I truly hope CR gets their act in order and fixes their problems with these coaches.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:30 AM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Model: Zinger ZT26BL
State: North Carolina
THOR #91
I am betting he sought legal advice and was told by a lawyer to stay off the forums while this is being resolved.
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:43 AM   #20

Model: Cruiser 31RK
State: Minnesota
THOR #85
Any buddy know if C&J Campers every got there replacement camper promise by CR.