Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2018, 03:37 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: England
THOR #11569
&%$$$$*@) Decisions..Thor Scores and Wins

Finally....

And to let y'all know I did call a high dollar manufacturer (think hand made) and the level of the little girl I spoke with was abysmal.
I felt like I had gone to the Registration office with Gritz when I was through!

She now knows what an RV is though. Could not tell me one, ONE, answer to a question I asked.

So after EXTENSIVE research for the 3 (sometimes with helper, 4 peeps) The THor 30.2 scores and wins

I wanted to stay as close to the 30' mark as I could and love love love the 29m but for the number of people I have to sleep I hafta go with the 30.2
I really liked SOBs and wanted handmade with 22.5 wheels but NO ONE EVEN COMES CLOSE TO ANY OF THE THORS WITH THE LIVABILITY AND FUNCTIONALITY of the floor plans.

Unfortunately Y'all have been so helpful and A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HAVE ANSWERED MY PMs AND QUESTIONS HERE.
You don't know what you have gotten yourselves into and now WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER, as a pro to the decision was y'alls willingness to help and make a newbie feel like family.

YOU don't know what you have gotten yourselves into as more questions to follow.Thanks.

Old 07-07-2018, 05:03 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Congratulations on the decision and purchase.

Is that the A.C.E. 30.2 with the full wall slide, and bunks in the slide? That should provide plenty of sleeping for the extra passengers.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 06:11 PM   #3

THOR #11569
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Congratulations on the decision and purchase.

Is that the A.C.E. 30.2 with the full wall slide, and bunks in the slide? That should provide plenty of sleeping for the extra passengers.
Thanks Jamie!
Yep

Really Really Really Wanted the 24.1 Axis then 29m Hurricane and stay under 30' and 190" wb (in that model order) but couldn't find a way to make it work

A little but hopefully will let go the fear

the fateful used test drive of the Axis set me on this journey to realize the error of my 'C' ways

You are fired as my financial advisors lol as upgrades will never stop
Loved the Baystar Newmar 22.5" wheels but NOTHING BEAT (FOR MY SITUATION) THE 30.2 ACCESSIBILITY AND SLEEPIN floorplan.
not as keen on the Ace windshield, but glass is half full! Less windshield = less heat and cool, less replacement cost?

Still the Axis is soo happy looking and small footprint, but doin the best I can.
Nice to finally arrive at the decision.
Old 07-07-2018, 08:25 PM   #4

THOR #11569
Pps

the 30.2 has an anemic capacity black tank and less indoor storage (In my case would have preferred the opposite- it has lotsa outside storage that I DON'T need) however,
you can't have everything and overall the sleeping and ability to get to the top of the bed thru the bathroom with the slide in will work for the folks best.

The micro is the smallest one so wondering if cutting into the cabinets above could replace the micro with a larger, 'residential' size micro?
Not a single other manufacturer offers a bunk model in this compact ie 31 ish 32 ish package.
Go Thor.

AND go my friends here who can say TOLD YA SO, who on my very first post, said I sound like I need to check out a bunkhouse model.
So I am stubborn at times, what can I say?!
I hated to go this 'BIG'!