Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2014, 01:46 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New Jersey
THOR #1085
Talking

Ok today's findings:

Undercarriage wiring. Good
Trim in compartments.....screw broken in almos every compartment....just heads in the holes.
On cargo door slightly askew
Electrical tape and hose clamp on city water connection.
Interior......here we begin the not so good stuff
No air out of overhead bunk outlets.
Corner trim at mid coach TV dangeling
Kitchen sink with scratches from cover ( cover flys off when driving)
Bathroom door catches loose
Mirror in ward loose
1 drawer in ward not locking in.
Driver side of bed wood facia very weak
Scratches on overhead bathroom door slide
Bathroom shower side panels on vanity loose and overhead vanity cabinet
Gap at vanity and shower, very huge deal since shower hose keeps curtain open
Latch on bathroom door needs adjustment door flys open when driving

Scuff marks

NO STORAGE FOR TABLE will put in ward.
Seat sensor disconnected
Parking brake sensor disconnected.

Info:

Rear TV is 12v
Have already separate rear mattress fold over piece now goes infront vertically then the slide goes in.....it's tight. Now remaining area of mattress can be used by kids watching movies on 12v TV while in motion.
Have not figured how to reattach for use yet, moslikely Velcro on base.

No medical kit
No triangle or flashers
Both are suppose to be contained in cab doors.

Awning when extended is low

Pass thru is so small almost useless.

All fairly minor except overhead air flow.

Now for the good......
Damn it hugs the road, the diesel turbo is sweet.

I pulled the trigger, my agreement with the rv place, I take it home spend a few days finding anything else I can, bring it in for a few days. They will fix everything. We shall see

It is sweet as hell though.

Old 09-09-2014, 03:28 AM   #22

State: Florida
THOR #934
I just got my coach back today and am working through all the QC problems. I agree it is going to be everything I wanted soon. Let me know about the air vents, if the dealer will fix them or not, as I have the same problem. I got denied on one part by Thor, the Quest switch. They are arguing about that now. That is one of the problems fixing things, Thor has to approve them first and then you get a repair. I have a great dealer that is trying to make everything right. Thor should step up and let the dealer fix everything without delay. Good luck with your Siesta.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:49 PM   #23

THOR #1085
ok just sent my siesta back to dealer for punchlist items.

Couple of new thing to look out for:

drivers side rear slide out binding
passenger side, manufacture left screw to high, slide out sheared screw and gouged the aluminium track, which in turn has decimated the plastic slide runners.

Must check those overhead bunk air vents. Mine don't work.

Must check vanity to shower (thanks to previous posters) I fixed mine myself.
(figured dealer solution would be to fill with silicon 1" high) I installed a gray rubber gasket under the stainless panel.

The rest is minor. I did spend a few hours cleaning construction debris.....
Got a few extra goodies....you must do this if you dont want rattles. I pulled several items including screws, wires, and a piece of stainless about 4X5 inches long wood chunks, paper, staples, wire staples.

The bifold bathroom door catch can be adjust simply by screwing it up or down keep in on hand on latch you can feel when it starts to push latch down. The door has not flown open since.

I will keep you all advised if the dealer gives me any s**t about warranty work. I know the overhead air was one of the items of concern.

Looking at her yesterday and thought to myself, wish they made a fender skirt for this unit since the tires are about 6" back from the fender.....Think it would look more aerodynamic. (or just a compartment door you could open to change tire!!)
Old 09-15-2014, 08:50 PM   #24

Model: Citation Sprinter 24SR
State: Oregon
THOR #972
Thanks for sharing. The latches on my refrigerator and freezer doors, when opened beyond about 75 degrees, catch in the bathroom door right at the fold. Do you think this is a design feature or that the bathroom door ceiling catch is mounted too far forward?
Old 09-16-2014, 02:13 PM   #25

THOR #1085
I noticed that my fridge door actually scrapes the latch for the bathroom.

I think this is a design flaw. I have not decided which direction to go yet, No harm if the fridge door stops at the latch for the bathroom. I think I will add a piece of rubber or some other item to the fridge door so that it will actually catch the bathroom handle. When I get it back from the dealer, I will actually go on a weekender to iron out all issues, will keep an eye on the fridge issue and make a decision.

check to see if your bathroom door is actually straight, if it is moving the catch towards the bathroom will not be a good idea, it will put undo stress on the piano hinges. if its bowed out toward the hallway, then yes the latch could be moved toward the bathroom.

I do however really really like the bathroom setup. was not sold on it in the beginning. a bit strange to operate while standing in the bedroom, long reach to the catch. I may also look into adding a lever at the bedroom side to operate the door.
Old 09-18-2014, 06:03 PM   #26

THOR #1085
Got rig back from dealer....everything fixed except two items

1. rear slide, new mechanism ordered.....2 to 3 weeks out. slide out does work however.

2. overhead cab outlets for a/c. Thor has only authorized "probing' to see what the issue is.
(i just might drop the ceiling and fix myself.......just more bs

A new tidbit of info......
I have seen on the web people complaining that the house batteries are not charged by the engine running. This according to the web has been confirmed by thor, benz would not allow them to do it.

hogwash.......the house batteries in fact are charged by the alternator.
my next project today or tomorrow will be installation of a 450w inverter.
I will run it off house batteries with the converter disabled.

This will allow for charging of phones and tablets, and will have the ability to run the mid ship tv. Dont need anything else while on the road.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:17 PM   #27

THOR #1085
Did the 450w inverter install. Quick and easy. Powers midship TV and handles the Chargers for various devices. Think will move the switch and light indicators from inverter to control panel. Didn't do anything fancy. Switch off converter and plug in shore power to inverter.
Also lower cabinet below TV made this a bifold door.

Think I will see if I can light up grab bar next.

Waiting on parts for rear slide and an ok from Thor to fix my overbunk air outlets
Old 09-25-2014, 04:46 PM   #28

State: Oklahoma
THOR #1092
The Camping world Dealer in OKC did take down the ceiling and remove excess ducting in my coach over the cab. It was all crammed in there with no attention to flow. However even with it all done right it still has very low flow due to the lack of space between the ceiling and the roof..Might need flat plenum type vent as opposed to 3 inch round flex hose. Just saying don't expect too much improvement. Mine will now blow out a lighter...better than no flow at all....S
Old 09-25-2014, 04:55 PM   #29

THOR #1092
One other thing...I took the rubber kitchen cabinet anti slide shelf liners and cut 4 squares out of it and used double sticky tape to attach them to the under lip of the sink cover and it works great no more cover slide going down the road...Just put them at 12, 3, 6, and 9 o'clock
Old 09-25-2014, 11:28 PM   #30

THOR #1085
To be honest I was not expecting much with the airflow over the cab.
But looks like Thor realizes it's a screw up. I should get approved for it soon.
I already did the sink cover....it's a good tip.

I did relocate the switch and lights for inverter to control panel.
Also light up the grab bar with led, and switch at. Control panel.

I really like the rig. Got a big trip coming up soon.
I did order the windshield cover, the curtain is lame. I also checked out the shades like the view has, very very expensive.

Next big thing is a bike rack. Afraid it may block the taillights.......
Separating the mattress in the rear is a must if you have kids. I used 3 in elastic at the corners to rescue the mattress once slide is out.
Old 09-27-2014, 12:50 AM   #31

THOR #1092
Installed a Tornado Black tank washer todayToo about an hour. The basement area door where the Black tank is, is just in front of the sewer/water hook up basement. It is held closed by one screw that you can see between the vertical space between the doors. If you take out that screw and loosen the two holding the bracket to the door it opens just like the other doors and gives you access to the black tank and wiring. I installed the tornado on the top front of the tank opposite the back drain side. Works great and will be great when cleaning out the black tank. Could you post some pictures of the LED setup for your Grab Bar? I am also thinking about a small LED for lighting up the control switch panel as when you enter the coach in the dark you can't see the switches. I would have thought they would have back lit the panel????
S
Old 09-27-2014, 02:00 AM   #32

THOR #1085
The grab bar is done already not much to see in pics.
1 remove grab bar
2 insert light into black part of grab bar its hollow direct to plexi bar
3. Use long drill bit at the bottom grab bar bracket.
Drill on an angle so that the bit ends up under sink if you drill straight you will be exposed inside.

4. Pull wire under sink then I came out lower corner by the stair. Ther is a wire there already for the step sensor. Run wire in with step sensor under coach.

5. Remove extinguisher and plastic box. Feed wire in loom to get back inside coach. Up to control panel. I used a separate new switch for grab bar.

That's it.

Intresting that you brought up the lighting of the control panel. I also noted that it is difficult to see. After further investigation this can be done. The black plastic is actually clear at the lettering with white paint on the back. When I put a penlight to it it did light up. I may install a strip of LEDs in the space behind the switch panel and see if it is enough maybe with yet another switch or to the step light. Will let you know..

One other thought was to change the overhead light switch to a toggle type. You could then feel the diffrent switch in the dark.
Old 09-27-2014, 02:08 AM   #33

THOR #1085
I did notice the tank access also, the panels are hinged. I would like to do the tornado also. Let me know how this holds up for you.

I measured the cargo panels hoping that they might match up for the wheel openings. I could of switched them out to make skirts. I think it would look sharp with the wheels covered. But no go, I would have made them exactly like the cargo doors hinged and with the catch.....would of been pretty sharp. I haven't given up on this yet.

I added an extension to the shower hose, it now goes all the way to the ceiling then back down and loops to the head. This will stop any water from following the hose and leaking to the floor/vanity area.

Any solution for cup holders when slide is in and on the road while sitting on couch?
Old 09-27-2014, 02:43 PM   #34

THOR #1092
I like your idea about the fender skirts. I'll bet they come in many wits that from the manufacturer as there are 3 or 4 sizes on the coach and there are probably other coach mnufacturers That use the same doors. I think I am also going to install SeeLevel tank strips on the coach as the existing are not very accurate. Seem like on this unit that would have been standard equipment. Did you look into the ultra gauge? It is probably the most important add on that I did. A little pricey but I wouldn't be caught without it now. Thanks for the wiring instructions for the grab bar. S
Old 09-28-2014, 10:52 PM   #35

THOR #934
Were you able to separate the mattress without re-stitching? What do you mean by, 3 in elastic at the corners to rescue the mattress once slide is out. Sounds like your coming along with repairs.
Old 09-30-2014, 11:40 PM   #36

THOR #1092
Would you please explain your installation and wiring for your inveter? I am going to install an 1800 watt true sine but would like to see how you did yours. Thanks S
Old 10-06-2014, 11:21 PM   #37

THOR #1085
Duelist.... No restricting the mattress. I separated mine with a razor blade carefully.
I then put the small part infront of the fuse panel on the step up. Put the slide in , you have to push the mattress down just a bit as its coming in. Now you can use the mattress part while traveling.

Reassembly...
I worked on this for a while and here is the best I came up with.
Put the slide out in the extended position. Put the small part of the mattress back in position. Then get 3 in wide elastic straps. Attach to the wooden slide out support on the underside, to form a 45 degree line across the corner. The elastic is now in dependant from the slide. A bit of measuring , pull elastic up over corner of mattress.
Repeat for other corner. Hold mattress firm. If you need pics let me know.

Ksrow....after researching quite a bit this is how I did mine....

I mounted inverter in large compartment by enter door. Mount on wall closest to front of rv. Drill a hole in the upper corner this is where the house batteries are. Hook up inverter to house battery. I then ran an extension cord thru the pass thru to drivers side this has the shore power cord in it. I then plugged the shore power cord into extension. I went a bit further and took the power switch and led lights and ran them to the control panel. The only issue with this install is you must flip off the converter in the fuse box. So I am using a small 450w inverter. The pre travel procedure is as follows.

Flip off converter
Plug in shore power to extension.
Start rig
Flip on inverter.
When we stop for something big..like micro....
Flip inverter switch off
Start gennie...

Works for me.

anybody buy a cover for their rig...can find one specific for my 24sr siesta sprinter.

Couple more items .....
Picked up windshield cover the kind with magnets and goes in corner of door. Beats the hell out of the crappy Velcro thing they give you.

Installed. A garmin hud +..... Simply awesome device...barebone easy directions for me while the dw fiddles with the rest.....check it out.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:55 PM   #38

THOR #934
Thanks for the info, I will try it. My RV goes back tomorrow for what I think is the last of my problems. I found some information about the drawer under the stove top. You can put a complete drawer in place of the tilt out one there now. It has a small cut out on the back to allow for the stove top and uses the front of the extisting tilt out drawer, looks just like the rest.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:29 PM   #39

THOR #1085
Where can you get the drawer? Thor? Let me know would much rather have a drawer, I turned mine into a paper towel dispensor for now......

Added flip out cup holders on the side of the arms on the couch.
Added a receptacle (extension) to sofa behind driver for phone chargers.
Picked up a appliance grade extension cord for coffee maker.
Picked up a round type tray to fit over lav sink for hair dryer, straightens...etc
Wish it came with the flip up counter as indicated in the diagrams.
The ladies need a place to put this stuff when in use.....

Still need tank wash system
Tpms system

Still not sure if need leveling ...will find out after this trip

After my trip my rig will go in for the slide and the air flow over cab.
A little trick I learned over the years, if you can put this stuff off till the winter....
The service dept is starving....the quality of work goes way up. Takes them longer but better for us.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:42 AM   #40

THOR #934
I found it here. New Kitchen Drawer - Sprinter-Forum