Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-10-2014, 05:10 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Oklahoma
THOR #1092
duelist

I installed the tornado Tank wash system and it works great. I put the connector in the same basement where the the other equipment is and it attached nicely to the left side of the white box that contains the "Sewer hose" . (kind of a joke as it is not large enough to allow any sewer connector to go in so I put my elbow only in there), Anyway, the hose that comes with the tornado is just right to run from the front of the black water tank opposite of the actual drain around the side and through the front rotocast plastic wall into the sewer basement and connect to the hose end connected to the wall as stated above. It works very well and the install took about an hour.

I noticed that you added an extension for you coffee machine. I purchased a six place surge protected electrical surface mount to the wall just left of the stainless steel backsplash as high as it would go and shortened the cord enough so that it would go along the top of the underside of the cabinet to the back and plugged it into the existing outlet over the sink. Make a great place to ply in coffee machine or any other appliances with cords hang in down over the sink. It is very simple to buy a multi plug and open it up and shorten the cord to the exact length. I attached the cord with plastic clips to the bottom of the cabinet and it is virtually invisible.... As far as leveling we have yet to need it but still thinking about looking into the HGH system out of Indiana. Not cheap....

RE TPMS see the link: TPMS Sensors for Trucks | Back Up Camera Safety Equipment| Mobile Awareness - mobileawareness.com
Sounds interesting.

ksrow

Old 10-10-2014, 08:42 PM   #42

THOR #1092
Sorry for the typos above. I was in a hurry. As far a leveling I meant to say HWH.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:06 PM   #43

State: New Jersey
THOR #1085
Here is a great trick that I just did...I wanted to secure the shower curtain to he wall at the vanity. Get a load of this. I purchased a screen door track, aluminum.
Drilled holes in it at the same locations of the screws on shower wall. Folded curtain in about one inch overlap...then you guessed it ran the screen bead right down the track.
About 5 bucks total and looks great.
Awesome.

Probably should post on mods
Old 10-12-2014, 11:43 PM   #44

THOR #1092
Great idea! I have been scouring the net looking for a new ceiling track to extend the upper size of the the shower area as well. Similar to the shower curtain extenders that are advertised. Haven't found what I am looking for just yet..if you run across a flexible track similar to the type already there that can be expanded further out, let me know. I will be using your idea and you should post it in the mod area and attach some pictures. Again great idea!! S
Old 10-13-2014, 01:01 AM   #45

THOR #1085
That sewer hose holder is a joke.

I removed mine took the hose holder out of the metal, turned the metal around and made a shelf next to the water connections. Relocated the cable hook up to the water connection.

I store 2 -8 ft sewer hoses on the bottom. On the shelf I have two water hoses, filter, and a plastic shoe box for the sewer elbow. The cable wire too. Also have the hose snake track in there. Basically everything if you take out the useless sewer hose compartment. A huge amount of space wasted by that. If you want pics I will post them. It's a must do.

I will find the shower curtain track, I got some years back. Have to remember where, I need to move the track also. Will have to get a longer shower curtain.

Let you know when I find it.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:23 AM   #46

THOR #1085
6100 Flexible Curtain Track - I-Beam Configuration, Ceiling or Wall Mount | Curtain-Tracks.com

This looks like what I am going to use for the reroute of shower curtain.

Only problem will be the hole from the exiting track.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:00 PM   #47

THOR #1092
Shower curtain, sewer mods, extra storage

Just ordered my new track. Great vendor. Looks like the rollers on my existing I-beam track will be the same. So, I only ordered the ends and ceiling mounts with the new tracks. I will let you know. I will probably put screws back into the old holes with stainless steel washers or paint them to match. Also I found the perfect length shower curtain..it is a fabric inner liner that you would normally use with a vinyl curtain or like the ones used in high end hotels. You can take it down and wash it in the washer from time to time when it gets dirty. Also it drys out really fast. You can find them at Walmart or bed bath and beyond. They come in all colors but I just got a beige color.

Please do post your sewer mods as I will probably do the same and I would like to dee how you did yours. You might also post the pictures of your mattress mod.

Another thing I have done to increase inside storage is to remove the plywood panels under the bathroom sink and kitchen sink. Both are just to hide the plumbing but actually provide a lot of extra space. It is easy to do and can be reversed easily.

Under the bath sink just take out the two screws that go into the floor and the two screws into the top shelf under the kitchen sink. Double the shelf space under kitchen sink and bath sink with five minutes work. S
Old 10-13-2014, 10:28 PM   #48

THOR #1092
Screen door track

Where did you get the screen door track and what does it look like? S
Old 10-13-2014, 11:50 PM   #49

THOR #1092
Also learned that the tv in the bedroom is twelve volt.
Old 10-14-2014, 04:19 PM   #50

State: Florida
THOR #934
Pictures?
Old 10-15-2014, 01:07 AM   #51

THOR #1085
Sorry I will try to post pics tomorrow.

The screen track is avail at lowes. Aluminum and comes in about 6 ft lengths.
Very easy install.

I to moved the back wall under the vanity, I cut a piece out for the trap and slid it back. Didn't check out under the kitchen sink yet.

I also added a wood grain power strip on the left side of the range hood on the lip up to the next cabinet. Put a hole in the cabinet and came out of the existing hole for microwave. Added a 3 plug adapter. Pretty clean.

Owe you pics of
Sewer mod
Shower curtian wall attachment
Bed mod
Double cabinet door mod bottom of TV. Bad part of this mod cannot access lower cabinet if slide is in.
Power strip
Remote switch for inverter at command center/inverter install
Cup holders on the couch arms
Under stove flip out
Pod drawer.

Will post tomorrow so I can take pics in daylight

Let me know where you got the shower curtain and want to see your mod for this.

I think next mod will be, passenger side of the queen bed, the bump up is carpeted.
This is directly above the small exterior door on passenger side. I am thinking of making a door on the flat top of the carpeted part for a hamper.

Here is another great tip. I used to hardwire lights in all the cargo compartments. Now I use stick on led light strips, 3 aaa each but they last forever.

I have to say, there is ALOT storage in my 24sr. It doesn't look like it but there is. The TV wall cabinet holds a lot.

Another issue that has developed is the ladder for the bunk. If sofa is out as a bed. Ladder does not work.

The under stove flip out, I converted to a paper towel holder. I store up to 3 rolls plus one that is functional. The roll is fed thru under the sink with a cutout. It's all boxed in so looks good. Paper towels and garbage cans are always an issue....haven't figured out the garbage can yet.

Anybody do anything for outside speakers? Maybe on the c selector on the jenson?
Or use TV speakers for music?
Old 10-15-2014, 09:14 PM   #52

THOR #1085
Some pics of various

Pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	177.2 KB
ID:	128  
Old 10-15-2014, 09:18 PM   #53

THOR #1085
Better way to post pics rather than one at a time?
Old 10-29-2014, 10:35 PM   #54

Model: 24sa
State: California
THOR #1247
Wow, that's a lot of mod you did. I have a 2015 Thor citation 24sa. I need to list yours so I can do some myself.

As for the things I DIY myself... the bike rack, I secured a bike rack to my ladder by unfolding it flat. It holds my two Mtn bikes nicely with no bounce. I added a couple of more clips to the closet door. Changed out as much lights to LEDs for dry camping. And added an apple hdmi adapter to the tvs. Let me know if you want a pic.

If you have the same awning liebert(???) as I do, watch out for the wiring in the vertical track. They will crimp when extending/retracting. I had a real hard time finding the fuse cuz it wasn't where thor say it was. Some screws came loose all over the place because they used the drill head screws. I stuck toothpicks in the holes and use normal screws to tighten. More later as I think about it.

All in all I really like the layout but am thankful that I can fix the little headaches.
Old 11-08-2014, 06:40 PM   #55

Model: Sprinter
State: Louisiana
THOR #686
Siesta Sprinter

Have had mine for 9 months and 6300 miles.....getting approx 17 mph and has NEVER been into the shop until this week for some minor issues. Front A/C vents don't blow enough, 1 valve extension doesn't register and parking brake handle cover doesn't stay on properly.......that is it!!.....maybe I'm one of the lucky ones (knock on wood) but I've had no major issues with mine......
Ps....the coach wasn't getting cool in dead heat of summer but we fixed that by buying the outside windshield cover that fits like a glove and adding solar bubble panels to all windows and vents......total cost of less than $200
Old 11-22-2014, 10:19 AM   #56

Model: Siesta
State: California
THOR #1322
New 2014 Siesta Owner

Just purchased my first RV and am having a great time with this new adventure. I love the ideas you have posted and plan to implement several of them. Have a question about traveling with a dog. Do you have any suggestions about keeping a dog safe when driving?
Old 11-25-2014, 11:58 PM   #57

THOR #1092
Agree with your comment about battery charging from chassis. Checked mine with coach running and off 13.8v off and 14.8v after the controller kicks the alternator in Takes about 30 seconds for the controller to let the alternator start charging. On another note, taking coach to colder climates for thanksgiving so thought I would check out the winter package. All seemed to be in order until I looked under the coach for the black and grey tank heat pads. Turned switches on checked fuse. Found wire sets for the tanks hanging down disconnected. Used trusty multimeter to check voltages and sure enough when you turn on the power you get 13.8 volts. Guess they just forgot to hook them up, but wait.........on further inspection I guess they forgot the pads too!!!! Lesson here is trust but verify. Called Thor customer service and they said oh don't worry the pads must be on the top of the tanks.....whaaaaat! A moron.. My guy at CW called them to tell them they were morons as well. He will have new pads ready to install week from today when I go in for service. CW has been spectacular through all the fun with Thor. In the mean time I will use some antifreeze in the tanks for a few cold nights. By the way did you ever post the pictures of the cup holder you made and have you done any other mods?
Old 11-26-2014, 01:27 AM   #58

State: Louisiana
THOR #1316
2015 Siesta 24Sa

We just purchased the coach above. And I have so many problems it is unreal. Cabinets are warped and do not shut, they have to be oredered could take weeks. The couch was not fastened to the floor. The slide was missing a gasket which made it leak. All the things you all have talked about and more. I am so sick for my husband. He traded a 35ft for the 24 and he is upset, especially the price we have to pay. I have contacted Thor. And have been to the dealer who could care less. They have their money what else do they need. I am in a turmoil. What happens we get out and the thing comes apart, we stay in a motel, which is the reason we have a RV. My husband hates motels. Any suggestions. Thanks.
Old 11-26-2014, 01:55 AM   #59

THOR #1092
Where did you purchase your coach?
Old 05-18-2015, 12:13 PM   #60

Model: CS 24SR
State: Maine
THOR #1911
Question

[QUOTE=RHETT-T;5005]

How big a hole did you have to drill on the first entry point? Did you remove the shelf inside the cabinet. Is there a way to remove the cord and pass it through and then reconnect? Going to add this feature as soon as I get more info, thanks.