Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2016, 02:44 AM   #81

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Siesta Sprinter SR24
State: Colorado
THOR #1851
Thor Warranty

I agree that the original owners must be vigilant about addressing all warranty issues. I was advised by a Thor rep that RV warranties are limited to one year with the expectation that all issues are identified during the purchase process or early on and resolved.

I've also leaned on the Mercedes side, that there are certain weight limitations are imposed on the coach builders in ensure the Sprinter will in fact sprint. This effects the coach builders choices around materials, which are inherently lightweight. Unfortunately, light weight translates to cheaper items that do not hold up as well over time. Even the owners manual will point out that our Sprinter coach is not designed or intended for long duration use.

I'm not sharing this to dissuade anyone from considering this RV. The fact is, I am delighted with my Siesta Sprinter and have a growing list of individuals who would like to be it's next owner.

Cheers,
Carl

Old 11-10-2016, 08:10 AM   #82

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #4919
CBWilly, would you mind sharing photos and ideas of what you did in the bathroom of your 24SR. I for one would really be interested.
Old 11-12-2016, 06:33 PM   #83

THOR #4919
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinek.steve View Post
CBWilly, would you mind sharing photos and ideas of what you did in the bathroom of your 24SR. I for one would really be interested.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20161112_114809.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	3350 Another little thing I just noticed. This is the plug end of the 30A shore power cord, as received from THOR. Note that this is not a molded plug and the only attempt to secure the plug to the cord was with some electrical tape.
I guess I have another project to deal with. Not surprise if the wire or the plug would fatigue with time and the owner got a rude surprise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbwilly View Post
I agree that the original owners must be vigilant about addressing all warranty issues. I was advised by a Thor rep that RV warranties are limited to one year with the expectation that all issues are identified during the purchase process or early on and resolved.

I've also leaned on the Mercedes side, that there are certain weight limitations are imposed on the coach builders in ensure the Sprinter will in fact sprint. This effects the coach builders choices around materials, which are inherently lightweight. Unfortunately, light weight translates to cheaper items that do not hold up as well over time. Even the owners manual will point out that our Sprinter coach is not designed or intended for long duration use.

I'm not sharing this to dissuade anyone from considering this RV. The fact is, I am delighted with my Siesta Sprinter and have a growing list of individuals who would like to be it's next owner.

Cheers,
Carl
Old 11-12-2016, 11:41 PM   #84

Model: Siesta 24SR
State: Arizona
THOR #1894
Had to replace my plug last year. Tried clamping the plug to the cord,gluing,
taping, nothing worked. bought a Camco plug from Amazon. 14$ well spent

Click image for larger version

Name:	plug.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	3355
Old 11-13-2016, 10:22 AM   #85

THOR #4919
Yes, I'll be replacing mine soon.
Old 12-07-2016, 03:48 PM   #86

Model: Siesta
State: New Mexico
THOR #4902
Tire Pressures?

What tire pressures is everyone running? The door label says 61 psi front and rear but I don't know if this is for the basic Sprinter chassis or the Siesta? I know the correct way to determine the pressure is to weigh the coach but until I do I need an idea what is should be.

Thanks
Old 12-07-2016, 07:45 PM   #87

THOR #4919
Thanks ! That's a good reminder to run to the local scale in spring, when I am loaded at close to typical weight.

I really haven't checked the tire pressure as of yet.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:46 AM   #88

Model: Synergy
State: Florida
THOR #6194
If you dig Facebook

If you enjoy sharing photos/stories on FB, there is now a Synergy/Siesta page on FB.
All are welcome.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/400714753604510/