Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Brands and Products > Thor Motor Coach | Class A, Class B+ & Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-11-2015, 05:41 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37KT
State: Michigan
Posts: 276
THOR #2628
2015 Challenger front side window blind question

Our 15 Challenger 37KY has accordion shades on the Passenger and Driver side. We donít really like them and was wondering if any has or if you can replace them with MCD like shades that the 2016 have?

Thanks KC
__________________

__________________
2015 Challenger 37KT
Progressive Industry EMS-HW50C, Winegard Trav'ler Sat dish, Magnashades, 5 star tuner, lots of indirect lighting.
KCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 06:48 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
dstankov's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Entegra Accolade 37TS
State: Virginia
Posts: 3,362
THOR #1469
KC

I haven't tried and in fact didn't know they changed for 2016 until your post.

I went out to my coach and after killing about 4 wasps, I looked at the valance for the pleated shades and I believe it would be an easy to moderate upgrade effort. It would depend on what is found inside after the bottom board of the valance is removed and whether or not someone would want to motorize the shades.

I definitely like the fact that the MCD style shades could be used as side window sun visors when travelling North or South.
__________________

__________________
Dave
US Army (Ret)
Chester, VA
2020 Entegra Accolade 37TS
FMCA - F432054
dstankov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 02:30 AM   #3
Member
 
nmrver's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37kt
State: New Mexico
Posts: 75
THOR #2538
I agree the accordion shades aren't the greatest. I don't like the way they away bunch up when closing and don't fold properly without alot of work. With this said, I was pondering replacing mine with a matching cloth and still use the slide rails. I have replaced they crappy rollers that the blinds used. It did make an improvement. I'll be watching this thread, I interested in what people say. Best of luck.
__________________
nmrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 10:53 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
dstankov's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Entegra Accolade 37TS
State: Virginia
Posts: 3,362
THOR #1469
I looked at some pictures of a 2016 on line and found two changes I like. The first is the roller shades in the front compartment and the second is they replaced the coach with 2 recliners.

If someone has a 2016 with the recliners I would be interested in info on the recliners and the roller shades. Pictures, especially of the roller shade mounting would be a definite plus.
__________________
Dave
US Army (Ret)
Chester, VA
2020 Entegra Accolade 37TS
FMCA - F432054
dstankov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 06:18 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Illinois
Posts: 12
THOR #2411
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCook View Post
Our 15 Challenger 37KY has accordion shades on the Passenger and Driver side. We donít really like them and was wondering if any has or if you can replace them with MCD like shades that the 2016 have?

Thanks KC
We bought the new 2015 37TB last year and I can't stand those shades. I noticed that before driving off the dealer lot and had/have plans of replacing them soon. However, setting everything else and a large trip next week to Disney for the grandkids have kind of pushed it aside. If nothing else, I have a good upholstery guy who could come up with something better. In fact, my grandkids could come up with something better I think.
__________________
Former: 101st Airborne MP
2015 Thor Challenger 37TB
B&DBruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 10:57 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
Posts: 333
THOR #3789
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
I looked at some pictures of a 2016 on line and found two changes I like. The first is the roller shades in the front compartment and the second is they replaced the coach with 2 recliners.

If someone has a 2016 with the recliners I would be interested in info on the recliners and the roller shades. Pictures, especially of the roller shade mounting would be a definite plus.
Dave did you ever replace your recliners or found out the info you needed on them. If not that's what came in ours and could help you out.
__________________
mustang94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 12:30 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
dstankov's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Entegra Accolade 37TS
State: Virginia
Posts: 3,362
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang94@hot.rr.com View Post
Dave did you ever replace your recliners or found out the info you needed on them. If not that's what came in ours and could help you out.
Haven't started looking yet. I've had other priorities like watching the sun set. Recliners may be this winter's project.

I need to figure out how to attach photos from the iPhone.
__________________
dstankov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 03:25 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
Posts: 333
THOR #3789
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
Haven't started looking yet. I've had other priorities like watching the sun set. Recliners may be this winter's project.

I need to figure out how to attach photos from the iPhone.
LOL... at least you have good priorities...
I always wait until I get home, I have the same problem with my phone as well...
__________________

__________________
mustang94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×