Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2018, 08:39 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar
State: Tennessee
THOR #2350
2016 Miramar 34.2

After reading so many horror stories on these forums I feel really blessed with my coach after three years. It was one of the very first 2016 Miramars that came off the line in June of 2015. I had some typical problems with the coach, but most were minor and the selling dealer talked a real good game but results of his attempted repairs were about 50% good. (they did fix the critical items) I ended up fixing several things myself, but before my first year of ownership was over I made a punch list, emailed it to the factory in waukarusa and made an appointment for service at the Waukarusa service center for June of 2016. When I left there after a few days in their campground and service center I was 100% + satisfied with the results, all under warranty and no charge for camping. They took care of my list and found and fixed a few other items, not on the list. There is no substitute for direct contact with the folks who built and/or service the RV. BTW the full wall slide has never been a problem. I do follow directions when operating the slide- level on the jacks.

Old 06-09-2018, 10:17 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
That's great, welcome to the forums here.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 10:49 PM   #3
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Glad to hear that they fixed what was ailing your rig!
...And welcome to the Campfire!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 07:49 PM   #4

Model: 2017 Miramar 34.4
State: Florida
THOR #9721
Hello fellow Miramar owner! I've had a similar experience with our Miramar 34.4. So far, it has really been a blessing and many of the issues I have had, I've been able to fix myself.

I am taking the Miramar into Thor Service in Elkhardt to have them take care of two soft floor issues I am having. One under the driver's side window and the other beneath where water was coming through the furnace when it rained (under my fridge).

Welcome to the site!
RV Travel Bug
Tearstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 11:58 AM   #5

Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Virginia
THOR #5560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearstone View Post
Hello fellow Miramar owner! I've had a similar experience with our Miramar 34.4. So far, it has really been a blessing and many of the issues I have had, I've been able to fix myself.

I am taking the Miramar into Thor Service in Elkhardt to have them take care of two soft floor issues I am having. One under the driver's side window and the other beneath where water was coming through the furnace when it rained (under my fridge).

Welcome to the site!

Tearstone,

Since you have the same model as we do, I was wondering if you have a heat vent in the bathroom sink area? The only vents in our unit are up front between the captains chairs, at the foot of the bed and one in the throne room. The bathroom sink area gets pretty cold and swear a vent should be there somewhere.

Mark
Old 06-12-2018, 12:53 PM   #6

Model: Miramar 34.2
State: New York
THOR #3584

We have the 2016 Miramar 34.2 and have had very little problems with it. Because it’s not our first motorhome, experience has taught us to try and anticipate any potential problems and stay on top of maintenance issues. Reading this forum is definitely a plus!!!!

Old 06-12-2018, 06:16 PM   #7

Model: 2017 Miramar 34.4
State: Florida
THOR #9721
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiramarVA View Post
Tearstone,

Since you have the same model as we do, I was wondering if you have a heat vent in the bathroom sink area? The only vents in our unit are up front between the captains chairs, at the foot of the bed and one in the throne room. The bathroom sink area gets pretty cold and swear a vent should be there somewhere.

Mark
Hey Mark! Yes we do. It is right next to the bathroom wall.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	76385E2E-6CEC-4204-8E38-AD266FF396DC.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	10702  
Old 06-12-2018, 11:39 PM   #8

State: Arkansas
THOR #5754
Mark, Same location as mine. Yours maybe covered with the linoleum. Ken
Old 06-18-2018, 09:41 AM   #9

Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Virginia
THOR #5560
I think they forgot to cut it out all together. There is no soft spot in the flooring. Wonder if the ducting is even there and if I could cut it out myself?
Old 06-18-2018, 10:44 AM   #10

State: Arkansas
THOR #5754
If you choose to cut, tap a 2 “ needle as a pilot hole and hopefully there will be no resistance. Thus, indicating the vent is covered. The pilot hole can be sealed with glue, and not visible.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:57 AM   #11

Model: Miramar 34.1
State: Georgia
THOR #8645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearstone View Post

Welcome to the site!
What was the fix for the water coming into through the outside heater vent?