Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-05-2017, 06:37 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New Jersey
THOR #8931
Hoser123 - Just bought a 2018 37RB. Anybody have any info on tying down a full size Harley without a front wheel chock. Any tips would be appreciated.

Old 09-05-2017, 08:31 PM   #22

Model: outlaw 37ls
State: Europe
THOR #6831
loft

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbear View Post
I haven't as of yet set foot in an Outlaw, but that's kind of what I figured. I much prefer the bath & LR/Kit layout of the LS over the RB, but suspected the LS's bedroom wouldn't be practical for those of more advanced years. Thanks.
the loft works well for adults, it is different , so you just have to have a think a bit different when using it, but practical and useful
Old 09-07-2017, 06:19 AM   #23

Model: Outlaw 37RB
State: Washington
THOR #7789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoser123 View Post
Hoser123 - Just bought a 2018 37RB. Anybody have any info on tying down a full size Harley without a front wheel chock. Any tips would be appreciated.
What do you mean "without a front wheel chock"? As in you don't have one, or is it you don't want to use one? Because they work well in a toy hauler. I transport my liter race bike in the 37RB with a Baxley chock and a Canyon Dancer with tie downs to secure it. Works great. Have also used a Condor with a big bike and they work well. Trying to tie down a big cruiser without some kind of chock or restraint system seems like it could easily end in tears. A center stand makes it a little more doable. Though I still strongly recommend a Canyon Dancer. Next year I'm probably going to get the Pit Bill restraint system, but I don't think they will work for the full dress Hogs.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:27 PM   #24
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Securing a Can Am Spyder is easy...

(Okay: I know that wasn't helpful... but I felt like bragging a little bit! )
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:31 PM   #25

THOR #8931
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkTank View Post
What do you mean "without a front wheel chock"? As in you don't have one, or is it you don't want to use one? Because they work well in a toy hauler. I transport my liter race bike in the 37RB with a Baxley chock and a Canyon Dancer with tie downs to secure it. Works great. Have also used a Condor with a big bike and they work well. Trying to tie down a big cruiser without some kind of chock or restraint system seems like it could easily end in tears. A center stand makes it a little more doable. Though I still strongly recommend a Canyon Dancer. Next year I'm probably going to get the Pit Bill restraint system, but I don't think they will work for the full dress Hogs.
I got a BK-1000 bike chock from Hitch Source. It works great in my 2018 37RB. I have a Harley Ultra Limited. Only 2 straps needed. Loading is an adventure. You have to maintain enough speed to get all the way up the ramp with both wheels. Once you figure out the right speed it is a piece of cake. Thanks for the info.
Old 09-22-2017, 01:15 AM   #26

Model: Outlaw 37RB
State: Washington
THOR #7789
No problem, cool. Another tip if you haven't tried it -- take the minute to drop the front hydraulic jacks to raise the front makes a pretty big difference in the ramp angle. If you're loading someplace with a crappy approach like gravel, this makes it way better. So easy it almost feels like cheating...
Old 09-24-2017, 01:01 PM   #27

THOR #8931
Tried unloading with the front Jack's down (2018 37rb). Super easy . Thanks for the tip.
Old 09-30-2017, 06:51 AM   #28

Brand: Keystone
State: California
THOR #7189
outlaw 37rb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyOutlaw View Post
Our first RV. It checked all the boxes for us. Room enough for 2 to live with 2 big dogs (90lbs each), Garage for my motorcycle, ramp that converts to patio, class A so we can tow our car if necessary and plenty of outside storage.

On the return from purchase trip we found a few small items that need adjusting that were missed in the delivery inspection. No big deal, I've just started a to do list for me to fix.

Other than the drive to Maryland and then a short hop up to Gettysburg where we will be working until November the coach will be parked.

Any owners here that can share your impression with me. Things to look for or watch out for?

One question I do have is.....where is the antenna booster switch? Is there one?
I am looking at buying a 37rb and wanted to know how yours has worked out so far good and the bad, thank you Bobby