Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 08-10-2016, 10:42 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE
State: California
THOR #3313
2016 Thor ACE has Bluetooth but...

Why is it when people call my mobile number, they do not hear me very well. I hear them through the radio speaker well enough, but they say it sounds like I'm in the back of the RV talking, not in the cockpit. ???

Old 08-10-2016, 11:03 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Dig around and try to find the microphone--it should be obvious sitting somewhere on the dash. I would suspect that you'll find it just laying somewhere inside the dash.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 12:40 AM   #3

Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
THOR #1295
Mine is the exact same way - I still have to found the microphone and it has been well over a year!!!!
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 03:25 PM   #4

Model: ACE 30.1
State: Oregon
THOR #2766
Bluetooth and Phone Issues.

I have the same issue. With our Vegas there were no problems. Same radio and same phone. We now have a new ACE and people cannot hear me unless I am screaming. Moved the microphone so it is closer to the steering wheel – same spot it was on the Vegas. No help. Went through the manual the other night and saw multiple notices to call the company before taking back to the store if there were any problems. Called the company and they said often RV builders don’t plug the microphone in all the way in the back of the radio and suggested I take the radio out and make sure it is correctly plugged in. I will try that this weekend. I will let you know of the outcome.
Old 08-12-2016, 06:56 PM   #5

Model: A.C.E. 27.1
THOR #2554
On the '15 27.1 the mic is on the lower portion of the dash, actually closer to the dog house.
Old 08-25-2016, 12:08 AM   #6

THOR #2766
Sorry it took so long to get back with the results of my attempted fix. As I said earlier, I contacted the manufacture and they gave me some suggestions. I did what they suggested, took the radio out and checked to make sure the jacks were correctly connected and then also pushed the reset button. No joy with either one. I called the company again and they said the mic must be bad. They could send me a new one or....since I was taking in the shop anyway for some warranty work I could let Camping World know and they could arrange for a new mic and install it. I chose the latter. If you are having problems with people hearing you, it could be the mic is bad.
Old 08-25-2016, 01:28 AM   #7

Model: S.O.B.
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikdjensen View Post
Sorry it took so long to get back with the results of my attempted fix. As I said earlier, I contacted the manufacture and they gave me some suggestions. I did what they suggested, took the radio out and checked to make sure the jacks were correctly connected and then also pushed the reset button. No joy with either one. I called the company again and they said the mic must be bad. They could send me a new one or....since I was taking in the shop anyway for some warranty work I could let Camping World know and they could arrange for a new mic and install it. I chose the latter. If you are having problems with people hearing you, it could be the mic is bad.
Never have had any microphone on a Bluetooth do a perfect job...
Old 08-25-2016, 02:06 AM   #8
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
We have no issues with our mic or the radio/bluetooth
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 02:49 AM   #9

THOR #2766
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
We have no issues with our mic or the radio/bluetooth
We had a 2016 Vegas we traded in a few months ago - wanted something a little bigger and with slides on the side, not on the end, so we got a 2017 ACE. The ACE has the same radio, same everything. Never had a problem with the radio in the Vegas. Also, I am using the same cell phone. The radio in the ACE works fine, including the blue tooth, except when I use the phone - people say they can hardly hear me. I guess I just got a bad mic with the ACE.
Old 08-26-2016, 02:38 AM   #10

Model: 2016 Siesta Sprinter 24ST
State: Florida
THOR #2812
Thor Siesta Sprinter. -My mic was coiled up near bottom of steering column. Relocated to the top of the drivers side "A" pillar and it is much clearer.
1972 Moto Guzzi Eldorado
Hooligan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 04:40 PM   #11

Model: Siesta 24ST
State: Maryland
THOR #3964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan2 View Post
Thor Siesta Sprinter. -My mic was coiled up near bottom of steering column. Relocated to the top of the drivers side "A" pillar and it is much clearer.
My 2016 Siesta Sprinter 24SR mic is basically worthless -- dealer relocated it twice and now is on the same pillar and still unusable ... have given up trying to use it...