Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 01-13-2024, 10:15 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 22e
State: Virginia
THOR #31191
Additional TPMS?

New to RVing. I recently purchased 2022 Thor Chateau 22e, Ford chassis. The dash/information monitor system contains all six tires psi including low psi alarms. All psi information is accurate as I have checked it against a gauge and know it is responsive as I can see psi vary with travel and ambient temperatures. Do I need to purchase an additional TPMS or is the oem system adequate? FYI I have a RVI3 brake system for my tow vehicle so I could always add their individual tire monitors for $250 since I already have the display on the dash.

Old 01-13-2024, 10:39 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
OEM system is as good or better than aftermarket. Really don't need the redundancy.

As far as the TOAD goes, I have no idea if you can add the TOAD's OEM sensors to the MH's TPMS system - would be great if you could. Second possibility may be adding aftermarket TPMS sensors to the TOAD's tires that would display on the MH's system.
Third option, and probably what you would have to go with, is a complete aftermarket system for the TOAD with the display in the MH cockpit area. That's what we do with our Sonic and Colorado. We bought a cheap TPMS system and it works fine for the TOAD.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RV2YPQ3/?th=1
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 01:03 AM   #3

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Regardless which way you go, I would NEVER EVER flat tow without a TPMS for the towed vehicle.
Old 01-14-2024, 11:25 AM   #4

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
I suggest you consider something other than RVi Tire Patrol. I have the RVi3 brake and like it. The TP was unreliable, randomly dropped sensors with no warning, and as such ineffective as a first warning system. I went back to an older EEZtire that works good. I'm not alone in criticism to the RVi TP, do a search. Be careful with the RVi puck/command center and the USB connector. It's fragile and readily breaks. Mine was replaced under warranty but while waiting for it to be replaced, nothing could be displayed on the tablet. Take a small dab of silicone caulk to "glue and secure" the USB cord.

As I said, I have the RVi3 brake and also the RVi toad brake battery charger but since I don't need to "see" immediate indications of those things working, I no longer use the tablet. I'm also not alone in that.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 08:34 PM   #5

Model: Four Winds 22E
State: California
THOR #27561
I didn't even realize that I had a TPMS on my 22E but it popped up on the Ford E350 display when I got a flat on my first road trip. Flat on the inside rear dual passenger side. Now I pay a lot of attention to it. It works great. After failing to get any service to change the tire I drove slowly to the nearest tire service center (about 30 miles), stopping and refilling the flat tire about every 7 miles when the pressure got down to about 20 psig. Very handy.

If you already have sensors on your TOAD, then check out https://www.tpmsdirect.com/TPMS_s/1422.htm, they may have a display for them.
Old 01-24-2024, 10:23 PM   #6
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreCambrian View Post
I didn't even realize that I had a TPMS on my 22E but it popped up on the Ford E350 display when I got a flat on my first road trip. Flat on the inside rear dual passenger side. Now I pay a lot of attention to it. It works great. After failing to get any service to change the tire I drove slowly to the nearest tire service center (about 30 miles), stopping and refilling the flat tire about every 7 miles when the pressure got down to about 20 psig. Very handy.

If you already have sensors on your TOAD, then check out https://www.tpmsdirect.com/TPMS_s/1422.htm, they may have a display for them.
I saw no displays for OEM TPMS on that site.

What I did see was TPMS sensors at 4 times the price you can buy them on the jungle site, and the same TPMS reset tool that sells for under $10 for $30.

No thanks.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote