Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2017, 10:22 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 22B
State: Florida
THOR #5326
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post
My 29M came with the ceiling vent (no powered fan) in the Living Room. I purchased a MaxxAir remote controlled vent fan and Camping World - Lubbock installed it and they connected the fan to the ceiling LED lights so now if I want the fan to work I have to turn on the ceiling lights. Is there another 12v source I can use instead of the ceiling lights??? How difficult would the rewiring be????
Dino did you ever get a resolution to this

Four Winds 22B
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS (Loss to hurricane Ian)
Windsport 27K
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 01:59 AM   #22

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbenny View Post
Dino did you ever get a resolution to this
Negative my friend...the way the roof framing is constructed around the vent makes it difficult to rewire the powered vent fan to another 12 volt source other than the ceiling lights which is currently being used. Not to worry, since the ceiling lights are LED, turning them on to operate the vent fan should not be a problem. We shall see!

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 12:38 PM   #23

THOR #5326
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post
Negative my friend...the way the roof framing is constructed around the vent makes it difficult to rewire the powered vent fan to another 12 volt source other than the ceiling lights which is currently being used. Not to worry, since the ceiling lights are LED, turning them on to operate the vent fan should not be a problem. We shall see!

K I have it in my Windsport but was looking at my brothers Mirimar his microwave cabinet is about 12" away and I was looking at pluging in a 12v adapter to supply the fan

Four Winds 22B
Windsport 27K
Old 03-11-2017, 01:00 PM   #24

THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbenny View Post
K I have it in my Windsport but was looking at my brothers Mirimar his microwave cabinet is about 12" away and I was looking at pluging in a 12v adapter to supply the fan
Okiedokie...that might work!

Old 03-14-2017, 08:26 PM   #25

Model: 29M
THOR #6760
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
I have a 29M we bought from MHSRV, seems like they order all the 29Ms with dual AC, and Fantastic Fan above stove. Vent in front center of coach does not have a fan, bathroom vent has a little fan. The fan over the stove is almost covered up when you close the slide. I plan on installing another Fantastic Fan in place of the front vent.

LOVE our 29M, perfect size for us with lots of usable storage. We did add foam topper to mattress and sleep very comfortably. My wife is vertically challenged and has a folding stool to get in bed. LOL. We have the "big rig" amenities with the smaller rig size. Just completed a trip of a little over 2000 miles, only complaint was just wishing we had more time!!!
I am dealing with MHSRV now for a 29m and live in Florida, we looked for almost 1 year and think the 29m is the best for the money.
Old 03-14-2017, 10:23 PM   #26

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannclan View Post
I am dealing with MHSRV now for a 29m and live in Florida, we looked for almost 1 year and think the 29m is the best for the money.
We certainly love our 29M and the people at MSHRV are very nice!!!

If you decide to buy chech out the thread for Jerry's Hurricane Mods, lots of great ideas for a 29M!
Old 03-15-2017, 06:23 PM   #27

Model: Windsport 27K
THOR #2154
Very interesting, and probably doesn't help your ceiling fan situation, but on my 2015 27K I did the same modification. That is, removed the living/kitchen area vent and replaced it with a fan.

As you can see in the attached picture, when I removed the old vent I was relieved to find that the opening was already wired for the fan. The power leads shown are now used for the new fan, and is not controlled by the overhead lighting switch.

I guess there must be a lot of variation in models and years as far as wiring goes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2639.JPG
Views:	187
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	4247  
Old 03-15-2017, 11:14 PM   #28

THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom N3EQF View Post
Very interesting, and probably doesn't help your ceiling fan situation, but on my 2015 27K I did the same modification. That is, removed the living/kitchen area vent and replaced it with a fan.

As you can see in the attached picture, when I removed the old vent I was relieved to find that the opening was already wired for the fan. The power leads shown are now used for the new fan, and is not controlled by the overhead lighting switch.

I guess there must be a lot of variation in models and years as far as wiring goes.
Well done! The vent in my living room was never prewired for a fan..the kitchen and bathroom are

Old 03-16-2017, 12:54 AM   #29

THOR #5196
Tom, do you have one or two vents in your living/kitchen area? On the 29M there is a vent in the center of the coach just behind step up to drivers area and another one over the stove, plus the bathroom vent. Like Dino I looked and there is no wiring to the forward center vent.
Old 03-16-2017, 12:24 PM   #30

THOR #5326
Quote:
Tom, do you have one or two vents in your living/kitchen area? On the 29M there is a vent in the center of the coach just behind step up to drivers area and another one over the stove, plus the bathroom vent. Like Dino I looked and there is no wiring to the forward center vent.
D on the 27K there is one in kitchen area that is prewirec as it was an option available at the time I have it from factory

Four Winds 22B
Windsport 27K
Old 03-16-2017, 04:46 PM   #31

Model: Windsport 27K
THOR #2154
Yep, I was lucky the factory had the wiring ready for the fan. In my case, as soon as I removed the trim (shroud) from the inside of the RV, the wiring was immediately visible. So anyone considering a fan to replace a vent can remove the shroud first to see if it's already wired. Just 4 screws is usually all that's holding the shroud in place so it's easy to find out.

BTW, I was surprised to see how thick the roof cavity is (for the air conditioning channels) and the nice aluminum framing around the vent openings.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:53 PM   #32

Brand: Keystone
Model: Alpine 3401RS
THOR #6288
Anyone see the 2018 Hurricane/Winsport photo's, spec's, etc.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:41 PM   #33

THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighMobious View Post
Anyone see the 2018 Hurricane/Winsport photo's, spec's, etc.
Go to MSHRV website, no pictures but all the new stuff is listed. Not sure I like some of it, especially the electric stove!
Old 04-17-2017, 10:51 PM   #34

Model: Challenger 37YT
State: Georgia
THOR #6681
Quote:
Go to MSHRV website, no pictures but all the new stuff is listed. Not sure I like some of it, especially the electric stove!

Induction is on all the high end units. It boils a large pot of water in 3 min not 30.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:05 AM   #35

THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by carboss View Post
Induction is on all the high end units. It boils a large pot of water in 3 min not 30.
Maybe so, but I prefer gas! Every time you want to cook you will either have to be plugged in or start the generator. For people who like to dry camp this will be a PIA!
Old 04-20-2017, 09:44 PM   #36

THOR #6288
So I go to pick up my Hurricane 31s. After a month at dealer, Slide motor replaced, house battery replaced as they don't hold a charge, awning that has a hole in it replaced, furnace vent replaced, ALL HEL.L NO.
None of it done. Give me a brake. Gonna pick the MH Saturday and find a real way to get things done. Never go to AMERICA CHOICE RV in florida.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:22 PM   #37

THOR #5196
Quote:
So I go to pick up my Hurricane 31s. After a month at dealer, Slide motor replaced, house battery replaced as they don't hold a charge, awning that has a hole in it replaced, furnace vent replaced, ALL HEL.L NO.
None of it done. Give me a brake. Gonna pick the MH Saturday and find a real way to get things done. Never go to AMERICA CHOICE RV in florida.
NOT what I would call good service. Bet they either didn't give a reason or said they were waiting on Thor!!!
Old 04-20-2017, 10:28 PM   #38

THOR #6288
All of the above...always an excuse. Time to move on a nd make sure no one I know will ever go there. America Choice. Not my first choice... or my last CHOICE for that matter
Old 04-23-2017, 08:49 AM   #39

THOR #6288
So guess what. Saturday came and went. MH could not be picked up, awning not on. Grumble, grumble, grumble. Service said he will deliver to my house on Monday. We will see.
Old 04-23-2017, 01:07 PM   #40

THOR #2757
Quote:
So guess what. Saturday came and went. MH could not be picked up, awning not on. Grumble, grumble, grumble. Service said he will deliver to my house on Monday. We will see.
Oh my! That really sucks! Hope you get your MH on Monday

Tags
29m, hurricane, windsport