Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2016, 06:32 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: California
THOR #3897
2016 Thor Outlaw owner

I suffer no delusions that motor homes are built like toyota's and hondas and are problem free, but it is a little bit concerning when right off the lot I have a host of issues. That being said, I still love this thing, I love the floor plan and all the space! Coming from a well used 19' toy hauler was a huge upgrade.

I'll leave off the petty fixes that the dealer will take care of ie, alignment, bed coming off tracks, doors not latching, blah blah.

My biggest concern is the invert er, it appears to not be working. 12volt power works in the coach but I'm getting a e05 code despite being fully charged. Put it on on auto mode and the generator has to run to keep the fridge cooled. I tried the GFI in the bathroom (it was tripped) but didn't fix the problem, I reset all the breakers I could find but maybe I'm missing something. I'll bring my 12volt tester home tonight to make sure the invert er is getting power but did I miss a reset some where that might keep me from being held hostage by the dealer?

The dealer is already aware of the problem and trying to get me in this week before my planned trip this weekend. I'm willing to work with them, I even said I'll order another one and install it my self, keep it as a spare. I'd hate to be dry camping for an extended time and have to run my generator full time to keep the fridge cool. The service guy said it would void my warranty.

Are inverters going out a frequent thing? I was already hesitant about a residential fridge, this is kinda what I was worried about.

Also had an issue with the slide out, first time using it this past weekend and it got stuck open, had to do the manual override. Then it went in once it was reset. Hopefully that's not a frequent thing to go bad.

Thanks for your time, I hate to sound like a whiny first time RV owner but it's a little concerning after one trip so many issues.

Old 04-05-2016, 08:22 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Since you have a residential fridge I am going to assume you have the Xantrex 1800 Inverter.

That is the same inverter that is in my coach and I have not had any issues with it running the fridge and televisions. Mine has been in service for 13 months.

An EO5 error on the Xantrex Pro is an overload or a short circuit error. If you are getting the error when nothing is running and the inverter is on then you may have a short in the wiring. In that case I'd have the dealer take a look at it.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 08:44 PM   #3

THOR #3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
Since you have a residential fridge I am going to assume you have the Xantrex 1800 Inverter.

That is the same inverter that is in my coach and I have not had any issues with it running the fridge and televisions. Mine has been in service for 13 months.

An EO5 error on the Xantrex Pro is an overload or a short circuit error. If you are getting the error when nothing is running and the inverter is on then you may have a short in the wiring. In that case I'd have the dealer take a look at it.
Thanks for the information. I'm not sure where else I could look for a short. I would think it would be between the end battery leads and the inverter? Or after the invert on the 110 side?
Old 04-05-2016, 09:08 PM   #4

THOR #3897
I looked up the error code and this is what their manual says.

E05 Low battery voltage
detected
< 11.0 Vdc (“SDL”)
< 12.3 Vdc (“SDH”)
Inverting • Check battery status and recharge if
necessary.
• Check for proper DC cable sizing.
• Check for loose connections and tighten if
necessary.
Old 04-05-2016, 09:23 PM   #5
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
JD

Which Inverter is installed in your coach? It is possible the E05 is a different error on different inverters. Mine is the XANTREX Pro 1800.

Here is the manual for the Pro 1800.

The error codes begin on page 5-2
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Xantrex Inverter Manual.pdf (2.41 MB, 83 views)
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:35 PM   #6

THOR #3897
Yes that is the right one. I forgot to add the "pro" when googling. I looked up on your manual and it does say that. I have a call into service, someone is supposed to call me back. That at least gives me some where to look. I was also noticing that it had several switches in the system before the inveter, it's possible some of those may be tripped. I will check tonight with my volt meter and see if I can track down where I'm loosing power.
Old 04-06-2016, 12:14 AM   #7

State: Alabama
THOR #3789
We also love ours despite all the things we have found wrong such as you. But not one time have we dealt with the dealer ( 150 miles away), every time I find something wrong I call the tech support guys they tell me what the fix is, how to do it and everything is recorded by your vin number and I fix it my self. Granted nothing to major except the main engine AC didn't have any Freon in it which I also did my self and told them I am auto AC certified. But 3 months later I think all our issues are solved and now I am just working on a few modes....
Old 04-06-2016, 04:50 PM   #8

THOR #3897
Our dealer isn't that far but it seems like it is because getting a ride there and back each time gets kinda time consuming. I tried the reset last night they offered. I'm dropping it off this morning for the solar panels they were supposed to install before we got it. I'm going to push them to see if they can check the invert er. I doubt they will do anything for it on this visit but when we get back this weekend we can drop it off for longer and have them take their time with it.
Old 04-06-2016, 04:51 PM   #9

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #2613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdemello View Post
I suffer no delusions that motor homes are built like toyota's and hondas and are problem free, but it is a little bit concerning when right off the lot I have a host of issues. That being said, I still love this thing, I love the floor plan and all the space! Coming from a well used 19' toy hauler was a huge upgrade.

I'll leave off the petty fixes that the dealer will take care of ie, alignment, bed coming off tracks, doors not latching, blah blah.

My biggest concern is the invert er, it appears to not be working. 12volt power works in the coach but I'm getting a e05 code despite being fully charged. Put it on on auto mode and the generator has to run to keep the fridge cooled. I tried the GFI in the bathroom (it was tripped) but didn't fix the problem, I reset all the breakers I could find but maybe I'm missing something. I'll bring my 12volt tester home tonight to make sure the invert er is getting power but did I miss a reset some where that might keep me from being held hostage by the dealer?

The dealer is already aware of the problem and trying to get me in this week before my planned trip this weekend. I'm willing to work with them, I even said I'll order another one and install it my self, keep it as a spare. I'd hate to be dry camping for an extended time and have to run my generator full time to keep the fridge cool. The service guy said it would void my warranty.

Are inverters going out a frequent thing? I was already hesitant about a residential fridge, this is kinda what I was worried about.

Also had an issue with the slide out, first time using it this past weekend and it got stuck open, had to do the manual override. Then it went in once it was reset. Hopefully that's not a frequent thing to go bad.

Thanks for your time, I hate to sound like a whiny first time RV owner but it's a little concerning after one trip so many issues.
Which outlaw do you have and which slide got stuck?

We had problems with the large slide on our 2016 38RE. The motors seemed stressed when opening and closing and would get out of sync very easily. Ultimately our motors had to be replaced and I was told by the dealer that the later production models had an upgrade in the slide motors due to multiple problems. I did not confirm this with Thor. After the motors were replaced have not had any other problems.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:13 PM   #10

THOR #3897
It's the LE It only has one slide out. It went in with it's own power but I had to reset it or do the bypass under the slide out.