Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2017, 01:16 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 35.2
State: Maryland
THOR #6848
2017 Miramar 35.2, new purchase, first trip review.

Greetings! New Member as we just jumped into the THOR group with our first CLASS A RV. Came from two prior class C's (2008 Coachman E450 unit and then 2008 Gulfstream Super C, Chevy Kodiak based unit).

Currently Active Duty military (USCG) looking forward to retirement and travel!

Came here looking for some Miramar information and didn't find a lot, so I thought I would share my experiences to aid others, potentially.

Purchased first week of March 2017, here is the first run report.

The Good:
-Driving dynamics are as good as hoped, if not a little better. There is some sway, not unexpected, if anything, a little better than expected. Will complete the CHF when convenient. Power delivery was perfectly acceptable. Transmission performed very well and seemed very well matched to the tune of the V-10.
-Floorplan is just what we thought, spacious when slides deployed, a little tight with slides closed.
-Storage- Inside storage adequate for family of 4. Outside storage accepted all we had with two compartments still empty and nothing in the pass throughs, so lots of room left there.

The "Bad":
-water heater was still by-passed. Had to remove access cover under bed and open supply/return lines.
-Entry door latch needs adjusting. have to "slam" door to get latch to catch.
-bottom of screen door rattled like crazy (fixed with rubber shims)
-Front window drop down screen would lightly bang against A-pillar cover constantly while driving in the up position. fixed with adhesive felt bumpers.
-Leveler control. This COULD be user error. When I try to "auto-level" the front levelers drop, raise the front tires off the ground and that's it...I have to manually control it to get it right.
-One storage bay door latch will stay in open position (no spring back). Have to push it "in" then close door.
-One storage bay door strut broke off at the coach frame connection (looks like corrosion, no others were the same)
-Top cover for "disappearing" TV does not fit flush.
-Cant get air into the rear inner tires. Something to do with the "new" style extenders they put on. Was told I need to use a combo air chuck/pressure gauge to fill and check tires as the same time....and TPMS sensors WONT work. ( I don't like this, I was planning on getting a TPMS sensor kit and the REAR INNER TIRES are the ones I am most concerned with)

The UGLY:
-GFCI would "pop" every time I plugged ANYTHING into outlet over kitchen countertop.

-The REALLY UGLY:
Kitchen sink drain line disconnected under the washer/dryer cabinet. There is a flex hose that goes from outside wall of slide to a riser coming up from floor. The flex hose disconnected from the slide hard pipe fixture, this allowed water to flow freely from the sink drain to the outside from the inside the slide. No water entered the interior BUT it sucked. I reattached to hose with some rubber pipe adhesive..... thought all was good. Pulled the slide in and noticed the flex hose connections come right together (hard pipe on slide wall and hard pipe riser coming up from floor) pinching the flex pipe at the connections pretty severely and allowed a new water leak, again, water went outside (thankfully). This WILL NOT WORK. This is why the hose came off in the first place apparently. This is the one I am most disappointed in as I was worried about water lines, drain line, gas lines, and electrical lines inside a slide the moves...I was right to be concerned.
Unit goes BACK in next Monday to have a washer/dryer installed and those drain lines in the same area re-worked. I requested to get a good look at it all when complete as Im pretty familiar with it now and DO NOT want that to happen again. don't know if glue is the answer for the flex hose connections...

Overall, we still like it. Get these things fixed and keep an eye on things as I become more and more familiar with it.

stvdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 02:03 PM   #2

Model: Miramar 33.5
State: Washington
THOR #578
WOW,

Your unit was probably finished on a Thursday or Friday before a long weekend!! Sorry to hear about your problems. Best advise is to document all discrepancies and take pictures. Hold your dealer and Thor accountable for all repairs.

If your dealer isn't holding up their end of the deal, ask Thor to recommend another dealer in your area who can perform the warranty work.

The most important thing you can do is keep good records!! Get a copy of the R.O/repair order when you drop it off and when you pick it up. This will show what you wanted repaired, and most importantly what they repaired.

Also read over your warranty paperwork so you will know what you are responsible for and most importantly what Thor and your dealer are responsible for.

Good documentation is key if you should have to take legal action down the road!! Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 03-29-2017, 03:47 PM   #3

Model: Miramar 34.2
State: New York
THOR #3584

We have a 2016 34.2 and have put about 5,000 miles on it so far, leaving for Disney World next week.

With the levelers we had a problem also, on automatic leveling, the tires were always off the ground. I contacted the leveling company, Lippert components and they advised me to do the following.

Stay away from the automatic leveling, instead do it manually. They advised to drop the front jacks down first and make the motorhome as level as possible, when that happens, just drop the back down for stability. They said the bottom line is to park on a fairly level site first and go from there. They were completely against the any wheels being raised off the ground.

We had some minor issues that were easily repaired by the dealer. Be sure to check your rear ladder, make sure it is snug and tight to the coach. Ours was not and bent towards the bottom, Thor sent us a replacement with no issue. We have the washer and dryer and make much use of it. Good Luck!!!

Old 03-29-2017, 04:43 PM   #4

Model: Miramar 33.5
State: Washington
THOR #578
Quote:
Originally Posted by suenmike View Post

We have a 2016 34.2 and have put about 5,000 miles on it so far, leaving for Disney World next week.

With the levelers we had a problem also, on automatic leveling, the tires were always off the ground. I contacted the leveling company, Lippert components and they advised me to do the following.

Stay away from the automatic leveling, instead do it manually. They advised to drop the front jacks down first and make the motorhome as level as possible, when that happens, just drop the back down for stability. They said the bottom line is to park on a fairly level site first and go from there. They were completely against the any wheels being raised off the ground.

We had some minor issues that were easily repaired by the dealer. Be sure to check your rear ladder, make sure it is snug and tight to the coach. Ours was not and bent towards the bottom, Thor sent us a replacement with no issue. We have the washer and dryer and make much use of it. Good Luck!!!

I've never had any luck with the auto level system!! If you stand back about 10-15 feet from your coach, you will notice the rear levelers have a longer stroke than does the front. For this reason I will typically place at least one, sometimes 2 pads down under the rear levelers.

Could be my imagination, but when I do this, it seems there is less movement of the coach. For really uneven spots I will use the Camco Try level system,
https://www.amazon.com/Camco-44573-Y...eveling+blocks.

They can support up to 3500 pounds a piece or 7,000 pounds per rear dual, mine typically weigh in around 6,300 pounds loaded with my stuff. The front wheels aren't nearly as heavy. They really help leveling on uneven surfaces.

We had a rear ladder issue as well, the ladder was damaged upon delivery to the dealer, it happened while in transit. It was replaced under warranty but the ladder attachment points were damaged , which weakened the fiberglass. That was a much bigger issue!!

It appeared the ladder may have been bottomed out, while pulling into or out of a parking lot, there was no physical damage on the ladder that would explain the broken attachment points.
Old 03-29-2017, 05:48 PM   #5

Model: Miramar 35.3
State: Florida
THOR #6451
Thanks for the Miramar review. I am sorry you had so many issues. We are anxiously awaiting our new 2018 Miramar 35.3.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:36 PM   #6

Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
I have a 2016 Miramar 34.4 and have had a few issues but nothing like what you're experiencing. A couple of things to check...the outside kitchen drain (assuming you have that kitchen) was there but not connected and the bracket that supports the rising TV only had one screw in place. The others were laying on the floor. As a result of finding those issues I removed every drawer and access panel and stuck my head everywhere I could get it. Found many missing or loose screws...this probably saved many problems down the road.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:05 PM   #7

State: Alabama
THOR #6466
The door on my 2016 Vegas had the same problem. Dealer said the latch plate had come loose and fixed under warranty.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:55 PM   #8

State: Louisiana
THOR #6291
2017 Miramar 35.2, new purchase, first trip review.

I have a 2017 35.2. I also had a leak around the back grey tank. Dealer said it was cracked. It took 8 weeks for a replacement tank to be ordered, fab'd, delivered and installed. I haven't been back out yet to see if they got it fixed.
I am also having level issues. Dealer said they "adjusted" the system. We'll see. Also had an issue with the top door of the hidden tv. Dealer adjusted, looks better. Also ice maker wasn't hooked up and is fine now. I also have several bay doors that could be adjusted.
Other then that, seems to be ok.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:49 PM   #9
CSR

Model: Aria 3901
State: Minnesota
THOR #6177
Miramar 35.2 & 35.3

Hi All,

Thanks for your previous posts regarding your Miramar. I'm considering the Miramar 35.2 or the 35.3. Do you have any updates or additional details you can share regarding your experience with yours so far? Any additional details and/or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Old 08-08-2017, 11:32 PM   #10

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Stvdman, sounds like you have had an interesting time! Welcome to the forum!!! Hope everything is fixed and you're back on the road!
Old 08-09-2017, 08:19 PM   #11

Model: Miramar 35.3
State: Florida
THOR #6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSR View Post
Hi All,

Thanks for your previous posts regarding your Miramar. I'm considering the Miramar 35.2 or the 35.3. Do you have any updates or additional details you can share regarding your experience with yours so far? Any additional details and/or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
We just recently purchased a 2018 Miramar 35.3. I have only had about 7 nights in it so far but we love it! The only real issue we had with it is we couldn't start the generator from inside and the AGS didn't work. This was finally fixed as of yesterday. I am very pleased with the fit and finish of the motorhome and it drives way better than I expected. I had never driven a Class A before.

Burch
Old 08-09-2017, 08:22 PM   #12

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalgator View Post
We just recently purchased a 2018 Miramar 35.3. I have only had about 7 nights in it so far but we love it! The only real issue we had with it is we couldn't start the generator from inside and the AGS didn't work. This was finally fixed as of yesterday. I am very pleased with the fit and finish of the motorhome and it drives way better than I expected. I had never driven a Class A before.

Burch
Do the CHF on your coach and it will drive even better! Search YouTube for F53 chf and you will see what it involves. Makes a huge difference, especially when you're around semi's.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:31 PM   #13
CSR

Model: Aria 3901
State: Minnesota
THOR #6177
Thanks for the feedback Metalgator! I'm glad you like your Miramar and that you were able to resolve the issue with the generator quickly. I've heard others say good things about the way it drives/handles. One of the subtle things that has me leaning towards the 35.2 and 35.3 is the wide wheelbase, which reportedly helps improve the quality of the ride and overall safety.
Old 02-14-2018, 12:03 PM   #14

State: Maryland
THOR #6848
Year One "wrap up"

Coming up on the end of year one. I'm going to post up the reapir orders we had that I consider resultant from the PDI and 1st years "teething pains".

Things we did that were not covered by warranty were:
CHF- front sway bar only for now.
Washer Dryer (combo unit) Install.
Ford recall for "crank bolt".

stvdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 03:31 PM   #15

Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
I have to say that rereading this thread makes me feel better about one of the pain points brought up in the original post - no plumbing on a slide is a MUST-HAVE for us. We experienced much of the same in our "starter" RV, an older Itasca that had flex lines that popped off and caused some flooding. So that went on the list of things for the new purchase.
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 02:13 AM   #16

Brand: Still Looking
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #11285
I have the same problem with my 35.2 thor miramar. 2017. The flex line seems ok but the hard pipe at the end separates from the holding tank. Seems like a bad design. I cannot think of a way to reattach this to the tank and prevent that connection from moving. The hard pipe downstream from the flex is just not going to hold over time with the movement of the slide. Has anyone else had this problem? It seems like the hard ABS pipe is the problem and when it moves ( the slide) it separates. Does anyone know if a fix? Also..who makes the rear gray water tanks?

Tags
35.2, miramar