Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-05-2016, 05:39 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #3265
Seating arrangement on 2016 Windsport 27k

We purchased our Windsport last November and are spending our first extended time in it for about 10 days now.
I really like most everything about it, except for the dinette, which we use mostly for our seating because we usually have our computers on the table.
The seating is to say the least, uncomfortable. The seat area is too shallow, and gets hard very soon after sitting for a bit.
I wish Thor would have put on sofa in, but it is what it is.
Hate to think of making modifications already, but I'm racking my brain trying to make this situation a little more comfy.
Any of you have this arrangement, and found a way to help?
Thanks!

Old 05-06-2016, 05:47 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Arizona
THOR #2005
Hello!

We bought a 2016 Hurricane 27K - a twin to the Windsport - last May...and we totally agree with you about the seating "comfort" of the dinette benches. It is awful!

There have been several posters here who have made modifications...some more simple and some involving removing the bench(es) completely and replacing them with recliners.

We are contemplating that idea, but in the meantime hope to make a modification similar to that done by Garry & Tara aka TheHomeofReligion. They own an ACE, but the floor plan is almost identical to the 27Ks.

Here is the discussion:
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f28...rade-3036.html
Old 05-06-2016, 05:52 AM   #3

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Arizona
THOR #2005
Meant to say welcome and hope you have lots of fun and enjoyment with your coach! We're trying to get out more often, but it's amazing how many things can pop up to keep us from heading out!

We have a 2016 Hurricane 27K - almost identical to your Windsport.

Eileen in AZ
Old 05-06-2016, 04:53 PM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #3265
Thank you for the welcome. I probably should have introduced myself first

North Alabama is our home, and we travel a few months out of the year.
We traded a '05 BT Cruiser for the Windsport. I am loving the King bed, though it too is a little hard, and we'll be looking at adding a mattress pad soon.

Other than a few screws falling out, (door, and antenna handle), we're mostly happy so far. We are also having an issue with the commode not holding water, which they replaced the ball, but it's already doing it again.

We seem to have plenty of storage, compared to the BT Cruiser.

In the past we have pulled a Harley Ultra Classic motorcycle in enclosed trailer. This year we are getting a tandem tow dolly to haul both the car and motorcycle to California and parts out West. We are anxious to see how that will affect our MPG.

Thanks for your reply. We may well look into replacing our dinette, and look forward to seeing different modifications.
Old 05-06-2016, 05:54 PM   #5

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #1123
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHBP View Post
Thank you for the welcome. I probably should have introduced myself first

North Alabama is our home, and we travel a few months out of the year.
We traded a '05 BT Cruiser for the Windsport. I am loving the King bed, though it too is a little hard, and we'll be looking at adding a mattress pad soon.

Other than a few screws falling out, (door, and antenna handle), we're mostly happy so far. We are also having an issue with the commode not holding water, which they replaced the ball, but it's already doing it again.

We seem to have plenty of storage, compared to the BT Cruiser.

In the past we have pulled a Harley Ultra Classic motorcycle in enclosed trailer. This year we are getting a tandem tow dolly to haul both the car and motorcycle to California and parts out West. We are anxious to see how that will affect our MPG.

Thanks for your reply. We may well look into replacing our dinette, and look forward to seeing different modifications.

Welcome tot he forum and congratulations on the Windsport. Lots of knowledgeable folks on here so just holler if you have any questions. Glad you are mostly happy with the way it has been going. Maybe you can get the dinette issue resolved so it will be more comfortable for you.

I noticed in your profile that you're from Sheffield in north Alabama. I have relatives (1st cousins, their spouses and children) living in Florence, Decatur, and Athens. Had grandparents living in Moulton when I was growing up. Love that area of North Al.

Wishing you safe travels and much enjoyment in your Windsport. California and parts West sounds great!