Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-28-2016, 02:29 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Factory Tour

I found the Thor factory site on line. It looks like folks can do factory tours about anytime. If the information I was looking at is correct, it looks like we
could go to the Wakarusa, Indiana address to see how the Challengers are built.

Has anyone taken advantage of one of these northern Indiana tours? I think it would give a newbie like me a good understanding of how the different systems are mounted and put together.

US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 02:45 PM   #2

Model: Challenger 37KT
State: Texas
THOR #1183
We did Thor tour at Wakarusa last summer. Very informative. Several Challenger owners in our group so we got to ask specific questions about why some things are the way they are on the Challengers. I would say most answers confirmed our suspicions that a lot is based on uninformed - sounds good marketing decisions. Ie decision maker did not have first hand knowledge. It was a great tour and really enjoyed seeing the details of how they are put together. If every in the area we would take tour again. Only down side - no pictures allowed.
Old 08-28-2016, 03:00 PM   #3

Model: 37GT
THOR #5246
Good information to know, thanks. I pretty much knew where each holding tank was located and how it was installed on my fiver, where most electrical and plumbing was ran, etc....., I would really like to start out in my Challenger knowing as much about it as I could.

Did you camp close by the factory up there? We are camped in central Illinois until October 1st so a 2 or 3 day run up to northern Indiana wouldn't be far from here.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 04:33 PM   #4

Model: 2017 Vegas 24.1
State: Wisconsin
THOR #3973
Overnight

You can always boondock at the RV Hall of Fame which is about 30 miles away. Several other factory tours are available nearby as well.

We learned a lot about our motorhome before we actually purchased it by being able to see how they are manufactured.
Old 08-28-2016, 08:19 PM   #5

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
We toured the Vegas/Axis plant after we picked up our 25.2 in June of 2016. At that time, the only tour was on Wednesday afternoons. It was a good tour, done by one of the district sales reps who answered all questions.