Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-10-2018, 10:06 PM   #21
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
I purchased a small one off of Amarzon for RV's. It was like $29 or so. Works great. Eliminated the surging of the water pump..... plus you have just about enough pressure to wash your hands super quick without the water pump kicking on (or a quick flush of the toilet). That way its nice and quiet at night if someone is sleeping. One of my favorate mods.

Plus I insulated the PEX lines around the water pump so its much quieter when it is running.

Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 06:42 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.2
State: Tennessee
THOR #3743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
Well my water pump was always surging until I put an expansion tank to cure it.

I used about 150 zip ties under the RV and inside. Replaced about 20 screws that were either never used or fell out.

Check the junction box for loose connections (the one under the RV where the generator hooks up to the 120 V power in RV).

Tighten all of the connections / Screws inside the fuse box (120 v + 12V).

I think your list covers all of the common problems already.
Could you tell me what size and where you put the expansion tank? And maybe a picture. Thanks
Old 10-13-2018, 10:54 PM   #23

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Washington
THOR #10717
I have a 2018 Vegas 24.1 and have addressed most of those issues you already mentioned. The screws on the cabinet door is important s the springs are very powerful and i ripped the door off the mount once. Now all the open holes on the door mounts have screws.
I also used a lot of zip ties on securing all the cables under the RV since lots of them were loose.
I zip-tied the windshield wiper spray hose black plastic clamp. The hose kept falling out of the clamp.
One minor thing- using the black/brown wood filler putty to fill in all the staple holes around the RV and in the cabinets.
Another minor item- I moved the table out of the closet and put it behind the bed. The 3 little clamps never held the table in the closet and it kept falling out and hitting stuff. Also, when my closet is full of stuff it was a pain to get the table out.
ALso- check your gas fill tank- there should be 3 screws holding the fill port onto the RV. Mine were missing.
Ian
Old 10-14-2018, 12:45 AM   #24

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: British Columbia
THOR #4532
Add: My heat pads fell off and 110v receptacle was improperly wired and triggered fault. That was challenging to find.
Wires were unlabeled and a spagetti mess inside the cupboards.
Water heater control unit failed twice.
Added sound deadening material inside the dog house and everywhere else I could reach. I had numerous breakages in the cabinetry every trip out.
Windows leaked and blistered the interior wall surfaces, especially under the drivers window.
The list goes on.
Old 10-14-2018, 01:03 AM   #25

Model: Vegas 2018 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #12484
You guys are making me glad I started this thread. It’s going to be several months before I take a 3 month trip and I have several weekends of work now. Appreciate the input. There are several items in the last few posts that need addressing.
2002 National See Breeze 1341
mstng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 04:34 AM   #26

Model: 2016 class c 31w
State: California
THOR #9093
just thought id chime in with tighten your trap connections under the sinks
Old 10-14-2018, 01:01 PM   #27

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recalculating View Post
Could you tell me what size and where you put the expansion tank? And maybe a picture. Thanks
No pictures but I will try later today.

I went overkill trying to reduce vibration on mine. If I had to do it over I would just install the tank with two 2 foot long SS braided water hoses and loop them. That way when the water pump vibrates it dont transmite to the PEX water lines.

Then I would install water pipe insulation on both sides of the water pump. This absorbs sound. Take note on how the PEX line is routed and you might find you need to put some insulation elsewhere if its touching wood or something else that might transmit sound.

It ended all of the noisy chugging sound when you turn the water on. Plus the water pump is quieter. One of my best (and cheapest) mods.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5121.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	13502  
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote