Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2018, 04:19 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #11016
2018 Palazzo 37.4 Awning Falling Off

Hi, I am new to this forum but just bought a new 2018 Thor Palazzo 37.4. Drove to the campground from the dealer and noticed the awning arm not fully in place. I extended it and all the screw on one side came out. I also noticed screws loose on the smaller awning. Has any one else had this problem with the Carefree Latitude Awning. Seem like the engineering is lacking bracing this to the sidewall.

Old 03-20-2018, 11:16 AM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Sounds like the awning isn't the problem: Its simply not attached to the coach properly...
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 12:09 PM   #3

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
I would simply insert a toothpick or matchstick end into the hole before rescrewing... sometimes the predrilled hole at the factory is a little too 'large' for the screw used and works out over time and miles.... you can also add a little glue as well.

sorry for the trouble
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 02:08 PM   #4

THOR #11016
Awning

Thanks for the replys. Just unfortunate the quality is so lacking. The awning is going to need to be replaced. Seems to me the awnings with side rail support make more sense. Walked around the rv park and could not find one supported from the top only like this one. Oh well.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:50 PM   #5

Model: Four Winds 28z
State: Florida
THOR #5725
I understand the appeal of it but the physics doesn’t work.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:25 AM   #6

Model: hurricane 32n
THOR #4158
I have the carefree awning, and really like not having the side braces in my way. It’s unfortunate that you have the problem, but once you get it repaired give it a chance. Mine has the wind sensor and really works well. Good luck. Jerry
Crawfordville Fl. Vietnam Vet.
Jegdrum5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 01:08 AM   #7

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
I think if its attached properly it should be ok, unless it gets caught in strong winds. Ours seems to do ok, and has what I refer to as an almost wind sensor, which is, if the awning shakes from wind or ???? it trips a switch and retracts. I tested it by using a broom to shake the awning up and down and in it went.
Old 03-21-2018, 01:56 AM   #8

Model: Palazzo 36.3
THOR #6728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timc View Post
Thanks for the replys. Just unfortunate the quality is so lacking. The awning is going to need to be replaced. Seems to me the awnings with side rail support make more sense. Walked around the rv park and could not find one supported from the top only like this one. Oh well.
Welcome to the forum!

It's disappointing I know. I think I've spent about 2 months in the shop so far getting things right on my 2018 36.3 Palazzo. That was about 3 trips to MHSRV but I've had a chance to use it too. It would be nice if they came out perfect and actually, they should. However, I'm trying to be positive as well as friendly with my service writer and tech. They want to make it right too and have gone out of their way to find and fix things I didn't even notice.

My wife says get mad and loud. I'm more of a flies honey vinegar guy myself. I think it works better in the long run with people working on your coach.

My advice is keep a list, get everything fixed the first year, and eventually it should be all right.

Ask me about the time my passenger side wiper fell off in driving rain on the way to the dealer to get the rear A.C. fixed that would never turn off. I keep lists no matter how large or small and schedule time to take it back.

I have the same awning by the way and like it. Of course mine's attached [emoji2]
lo-tek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:21 AM   #9

THOR #6876
I also have 36.3 palazzo and both of my AC won't turn off I had to go to the breakers to turn off what was the fix ?
Old 03-21-2018, 01:02 PM   #10

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
are you sure it's the AC compressor running, or is it that you just have the FAN setting on Low or High, allowing them to run all the time?
Old 03-21-2018, 06:23 PM   #11

THOR #6728
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
are you sure it's the AC compressor running, or is it that you just have the FAN setting on Low or High, allowing them to run all the time?
On my Palazzo there was a problem with the main Firefly board. The symptoms were: the AC was unable to turn off when it was selected OFF at the Firefly control panel. Fans were set to AUTO. It was random and would reach temperature and the compressor would shut down but the fan never would most of the time.

I had to turn off the rear AC from the breaker panel until the board was replaced.

I also had window trim fly off on my maiden voyage home from the dealer, but that's a new story
Old 03-21-2018, 06:28 PM   #12

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
Sometimes I think we are being victimized by technology. Both my AC's are controlled the old fashion way, by thermostats (albeit digital thermostats) and seem to do what they are told to.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:58 PM   #13

THOR #6728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laco View Post
Sometimes I think we are being victimized by technology. Both my AC's are controlled the old fashion way, by thermostats (albeit digital thermostats) and seem to do what they are told to.
I love the Firefly but i miss some of the features of the older Palazzos. I'd love to have the battery controls you guys have.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:03 PM   #14

Model: Four Winds 28z
THOR #5725
I agree- I understand the simplicity of the system for the installer, but the fact that all systems run under one software/hardware system allows you to have multiple failures of "end user" systems by one failure of their hardware or software....