Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-25-2018, 02:42 AM   #81

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasruv24.1 View Post
I 've always been afraid of the stuff getting knocked off there as it's right in the doorway,.. here the new plug, right where we need it, first I got a power strip,.. but didn't like that either.. so I put in a new plug
Good job, Yeah your right, Im always afraid a cord will get jerked and thier goes the coffee pot.

Old 07-25-2018, 03:20 AM   #82
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
I 've always been afraid of the stuff getting knocked off there as it's right in the doorway,.. here the new plug, right where we need it, first I got a power strip,.. but didn't like that either.. so I put in a new plug
Understood … nice install … I suppose, with us, we don't use the door early in the morning when we are brewing coffee and using toaster..once those tasks are done, the shelf is dropped.
It is all in what you get used to ! Knowing me..I would probably have that outlet drenched in water when doing the dishes. ugh
Happy Campers doing the mods and improvements to make it a HOME !

K
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 12:33 PM   #83

State: Nevada
THOR #12329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
Good job, Yeah your right, Im always afraid a cord will get jerked and thier goes the coffee pot.
we bought a thor class c, I got it all set up and we went out to the dunes, four other coaches , family and friends..in the morning, seemed like every one wanted to come in our coach,...lol.. MOM did you make coffee??? every one in and out, I was like... watch out for the coffee pot... we made it one trip and sold the coach... the corner bed just did not work for us either..
Old 07-25-2018, 01:52 PM   #84
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
we bought a thor class c, I got it all set up and we went out to the dunes, four other coaches , family and friends..in the morning, seemed like every one wanted to come in our coach,...lol.. MOM did you make coffee??? every one in and out, I was like... watch out for the coffee pot... we made it one trip and sold the coach... the corner bed just did not work for us either..
our first motorhome circa 1998, had a corner bed !! NEVER again...also, be ware of HIDE A BEDs … NO NO NO for us, been there...replaced mattress with $500 3 core foam mattress...made it better but will never go back to either of them. The twin/king bed of the Axis is what sold us on the unit.

An additional note...perhaps you do this...we bring 2 carafes with us in the motorhome...brew coffee, put it in a carafe...make more...put it in a carafe...depending on how many are in our traveling crew...we seem to be the coffee go to people. I also, have a Keurig...which I have conveniently plugged in outside for a quick n easy cup.
We have two awesome, wood, small folding tables which we use outside and inside..don't know what we would do without them.
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 07-25-2018, 03:05 PM   #85

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Yes, Ron & Kay,
We had a K-Cup brewer between the back of the sink and the stove for a little while but decided it took up too much of the limited counter space. We were also in a few state campgrounds where they didn't want you starting your generator early in the morning. We migrated to the old fashioned on-the-stove 12 cup coffee pot. Once it is done brewing we pour it directly into a large thermos which will keep it hot all day.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:22 PM   #86

THOR #12329
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
our first motorhome circa 1998, had a corner bed !! NEVER again...also, be ware of HIDE A BEDs … NO NO NO for us, been there...replaced mattress with $500 3 core foam mattress...made it better but will never go back to either of them. The twin/king bed of the Axis is what sold us on the unit.

An additional note...perhaps you do this...we bring 2 carafes with us in the motorhome...brew coffee, put it in a carafe...make more...put it in a carafe...depending on how many are in our traveling crew...we seem to be the coffee go to people. I also, have a Keurig...which I have conveniently plugged in outside for a quick n easy cup.
We have two awesome, wood, small folding tables which we use outside and inside..don't know what we would do without them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
Yes, Ron & Kay,
We had a K-Cup brewer between the back of the sink and the stove for a little while but decided it took up too much of the limited counter space. We were also in a few state campgrounds where they didn't want you starting your generator early in the morning. We migrated to the old fashioned on-the-stove 12 cup coffee pot. Once it is done brewing we pour it directly into a large thermos which will keep it hot all day.
on our other coach, the born free built for two, I had a custom made 2 person dinette,and coffee pot goes there. it also has a split kitchen. so it can go 3 different spots,...my way, I would just put a dinette in the 24.1... but wife wants a sofa...for me, If someone that knew how to drive RV was driving,.. I'd just go sleep in the big king size bed, and put in a dinette...it was preety spooky buy'n the 24.1,we still had the alpine ,and the bornfree… but got lucky, the guy bought the Alpine on the 3rd of July, and the 24.1 was delivered on the 4th I never told my wife I was selling the Alpine, or that I bought the 24.1... figured I would just ask for forgiveness, than ask for permission...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04350.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	11749   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04364.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	11750  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04343.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	11751  
Old 07-25-2018, 04:45 PM   #87

Model: compass 23tw
State: California
THOR #7466
figured I would just ask for forgiveness, than ask for permission

Sooooo how did that work out for ya
2020 29J Outlaw- sold
2021 23tw compass
safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 02:21 AM   #88
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
Yes, Ron & Kay,
Earl … No doubt about it..coffee makers take up waaay too much room. We get them off the counter asap. We stow our coffee makers in the cabinet over the sofa when not in use.
Ha ! I tried making coffee on the top of the stove many years ago...or over a campfire...what a disaster !!
I am working on perfecting Cold Brew now. Cold Brew is interesting...I just forget to get it going the day before !
I still bring along the Kuerig for my coffee and Ron has his Mr. Coffee for his brew.
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 07-26-2018, 02:32 PM   #89

THOR #12329
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari View Post
Sooooo how did that work out for ya
LOL.. not so good so far
Old 03-16-2021, 03:32 PM   #90

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Thor Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #16195
I have a 2019 Thor Vegas 24.1. Does anyone know “on average” if I can tow a Jeep/ Ford Bronco weighing in a just under $5,000 (total weight)? Is it to close to call?

Another question, how easy or hard is it to increase the towing Cap of the RV?
Still new to this.
Thanks!
Old 03-16-2021, 03:35 PM   #91
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV-Charron View Post
I have a 2019 Thor Vegas 24.1. Does anyone know “on average” if I can tow a Jeep/ Ford Bronco weighing in a just under $5,000 (total weight)? Is it to close to call?

Still new to this.
Thanks!
Which model Jeep, and which model Bronco?
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 03:38 PM   #92

THOR #16195
Towing a New Ford Bronco -2x door 33” / Manual

I am getting a new bronco later this year (badlands / 2 door / 33” wheels / Manual). Trying to keep the weight closer to 4,500 lbs.
Old 03-16-2021, 03:43 PM   #93
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:

Still new to this.
Thanks!
Check your VIN to see if you have an E-350 or an E-450 chassis. That will make a difference on what you can tow.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 03:50 PM   #94

THOR #16195
I have a E-450. Hopefully, that is a good thing. Lol
Old 03-16-2021, 03:57 PM   #95
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
I have a E-450. Hopefully, that is a good thing. Lol
Yes that increases the GVWR and GCWR allowing you to tow more.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 04:17 PM   #96

State: Texas
THOR #2121
Yes, E-450 is better, but even the E-350 is rated:

GCWR =18,500 pounds
GVWR = 12,500 pounds

So, even if an E-350 was loaded to maximum weight, it still leaves at least 6,000 pounds for flat towing. I’m assuming not a trailer with significant tongue weight.

Thor uses same 8,000-pound receiver as far as I know on later model year Axis/Vegas.
Old 03-16-2021, 04:54 PM   #97

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:

Still new to this.

Thanks!

If your hitch is rated for 5,000 lbs or more AND your combined weight is under your GCWR you should be fine. The only way to know that is to have your rig weighed at a commercial scale. It is easy, inexpensive and interesting as well as useful. There is no legal way to increase the towing capacity of a vehicle. Many will argue that the number is arbitrary- especially when flat towing and there is little tongue weight and your towed has its own brakes but I’m not among them. But I would expect that you’ll be fine as long as you don’t overpack or tote a lot of water around.
Old 03-16-2021, 05:09 PM   #98

THOR #16195
Thanks very much. Agreed. It should be ok and I plan to only have 1/4 water in holding tank.
Old 03-17-2021, 01:42 AM   #99

Model: Vegas 25.5 / Keystone Mon
State: Arkansas
THOR #20441
Didn't Thor beef up their tow capacity in 2018 or 2019 when moving to the E450...8k and not 5k. Our 2019 25.5 is on the E450 chassis and rated ay 8k. Are the 24.1s still on a E350 chassis?
Old 03-17-2021, 02:27 AM   #100
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:

Still new to this.
Thanks!
We bought our 2016 Axis 24.1 new...we have pulled an enclosed trailer for motorcycles for years....2 years ago, we bought a 2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ .. to tow ... it weighs in at about 3500lbs...a lightweight ! It is easy to tow. If we didnt know it was back there...we wouldn't notice it.. Towing a vehicle 4 down, was something new to us...there was a learning curve. All went well. As we have aged as senior citizens...we are contemplating selling our Axis and are beginning to shop for a RPod trailer...or the like...Lance makes a nice small trailer....just to go camping within reasonable distance from home...NO more long hauls in our future...would like to find one which the TJ could tow!
Jeep Wrangler TJ