Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2019, 10:02 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
2019 Windsport 27B - AGS (Yes/No?)

Does the 2019 Windsport 27B come with AGS pre - installed?

I looked at brand new 2019 Windsport 27B yesterday and the wall control panel allowed me to "enable AGS" but I could not tell if it it actually had AGS installed? The Salesman didn't know. It was not specifically listed on any of the documents so I was suspicious. Further on Thor's site for 2020, it looks as if AGS is standard for all models but 27B is no longer a model for Windsport for 2020?

If it is installed on 2019 that will be great, but if not how much is involved effort & money with adding a AGS given it has the new control panel and 5.5k Onan?

2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 12:17 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27B
State: Tennessee
THOR #14933
Yes it does, we purchased ours in February
Old 06-10-2019, 12:34 AM   #3

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgscooter View Post
Yes it does, we purchased ours in February
Congratulations Yes it is confirmed to have AGS with the Multiplex Computer Panel.

How are you liking the 27B?

We are leaning to buy one as were were looking at ACE 29.3.

We are still trying to get over concerns with
1. Flip up bed requiring slide
2. No Outdoor kitchen
3. Placement of living room TV

But we like
1. 29' 3" length and ladder on Driver side
2. Wall computer controller (I hope it works well?)
3. Partial paint
4. Roll down shade
5. Two AC's in main coach
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 06-10-2019, 11:48 AM   #4

THOR #14933
27B vs. 29M

We looked and drove 29M, ACE 30,the 27B & 29M drive the same. ACE was terrible to drive and engine noise unbearable. We decided on 27B because it's our first MH and just wanted to stay shorter and price lower. On 29M didn't care for outside kitchen and no pantry but really liked the bed could be used without side open. On 27B, the grey and black tank dumps are in separate compartments which means at dump stations need to disconnect sewer hose. Location of tv works for us (only 2 typically). Have used overhead bunk, easy to get up, little awkward getting down. The wifi booster has been disappointing get better signals without. Firefly multi-plex controlls everything (water pump,lights,generator,heat,ac etc)when it works is great but have had wiring issues that hopefully will get fixed soon. Make sure and download/use app because it works (assuming you have wifi) when wall panels won't. Std 27B and 29M is single air, most dealers get the option of 2 AC's, you want 2 AC's which also upgrade generator and everything then is 50amp service. Also fyi it appears for 2020 Thor has discontinued the 27B. Good luck.
Old 06-13-2019, 12:39 AM   #5

THOR #13058
I talked to Firefly Multiplex today.

Did your unit come with the Bluetooth / Wifi module already installed or was it extra? They state some RV Mfg do not install and customer get irate they have to buy module to get phone app to work.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:11 AM   #6

THOR #14933
Firefly app

Ours had a Vegatouch Mira module installed under the bed. We just downloaded a free Vegatouch app and it walks you through how to pair phone to touchpad. I guess the only way to know for sure is look for the module itself, mine was with inverter and all the other electrical stuff.