Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2017, 07:06 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 23TR
State: California
THOR #6701
3 week trip review

We just got back home from a 25 day trip. California to Iowa to Missouri and back to California. Very hot everywhere.

The new Gemini 23TR was livable for the three weeks. Every system worked well, except the engine regen. Coming home it required 4 regen procedures. I'll be taking it in to a Ford dealer for evaluation. Finished the trip with overall 16.4 MPG travelling between 65 and 70 MPH.
Roof A/C system kept up with 100+ temps while at camp sites and the dash air worked well in high temps while driving. . I did have an issue with the house thermostat which seemed to correct itself early into the trip. ( I hate those self correcting issues as you never know when they will show their ugly head again)
Drove through and camped in some torrential downpours with no signs a leaks anywhere. No camp site, truck stops, rest areas or commercial CG required leveling. Pull up, hook up and take a nap, couldn't be easier. Refridgerator ran continually on automatic setting. We used a total of 1/3 tank of propane for cooking, hot water and refridg use.

Aside from a few screws lose, a few rattles to track down, all went very well.
I call it a suggessful extended cruise. I would say it was not quite as stable in wind as our fifth wheel was and I could feel the push and suck of the semis but I expected that. Might look at the steering stabilizer.

I might add that well over 1/2 this trip was in T/H mode. Made downhill and traffic a breeze.

Old 07-16-2017, 09:33 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Sounds like you had a Great trip and a lot of fun!!! Good for you and glad your trip was relatively trouble free!