Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-07-2018, 09:51 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurticane 34J
State: Massachusetts
THOR #1987
35SB Super C Question

Hi all, I was wondering if any owners of a 35SB would mind posting some pictures of the interior with the slide closed (I would also entertain pics of other Thor Super C interior with slide closed). Also how do you like your coach? We are really interested in this model but we’re concenered about the interior space as compared to our Hurricane 34J. We have looked online and I even called Thor to find a model for us to look at and the closest one is about 8 hours away from us. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Old 03-07-2018, 10:27 PM   #2
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1520461622

They're a really nice-looking rig: Happy Shopping!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	35SB.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	9297  
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 04:53 PM   #3

Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
sorry, can't help you....but to suggest that you contact that dealer 8 hours away. they should be able to send you pictures.

and if you're seriously wanting it I'd say it would be worth the 8 hour trip to go sit in it and try it on. There is so much about a floorplan that you can't see on paper.

When we were looking, I thought we wanted a bunk model, floor plan similar to that one. I never looked in that exact plan, but at several others basically identical. After going into a few at a dealership, my wife stepped into one, a 31L, sat on the sofa, looked around...and said "this is my spot"...or something to that affect.... It just felt right to her, and I agree... I just wished taht I could have afforded the super C version of the same floor plan.... I think it was the 35SK.

Fit is a lot of little things.... I'll throw out a few example points looking at the floorplan posted here...not to say that any of these things are bad...just that they didn't "fit" us....

TV in an odd spot....felt like an afterthought and not viewable by everyone.... taht swinging thing seemed to be always in the way

Extremely limited counter space and cabinet space in the kitchen

Things about it I did like.... the bathroom arrangement just seemed nice. It made for a nice division between the living and bedrooms, and the neo angle shower seemed like it would be great.

As I write this, it strikes me that this floorplan is very common.. Lots of manufacturers offer something very similar. Won't be exact, but maybe you could find some closer than 8 hours for an initial look.
Old 03-08-2018, 05:59 PM   #4

Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
If you can find a Chateau, Four Winds or Quantum near by they would be very close to what you are looking at.

https://spec.dlrwebservice.com/sb-rv...hateau_31E.jpg

https://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/specs...ass-c-m3121-t3
Old 03-08-2018, 11:40 PM   #5
Edk

Model: Chateau 35sk
State: Connecticut
THOR #7856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofwoof View Post
Hi all, I was wondering if any owners of a 35SB would mind posting some pictures of the interior with the slide closed (I would also entertain pics of other Thor Super C interior with slide closed). Also how do you like your coach? We are really interested in this model but we’re concenered about the interior space as compared to our Hurricane 34J. We have looked online and I even called Thor to find a model for us to look at and the closest one is about 8 hours away from us. Thanks for any help you can offer.
Hey Woof, we have a 2016 super C SK, with the front entertainment center. not for sale but if you need to look at the layout we're in CT. Depending where you are in MA. could be less than 8 hrs. EdK
Old 03-10-2018, 01:49 AM   #6

Model: Chateau 35SD
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8439
Here is our 35SD when the slides are in:
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7134.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	9318 there is room to get to the restroom

wenz
Old 03-10-2018, 12:36 PM   #7

Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Michigan
THOR #9522
Our 31W is similar. The bathroom door will open about halfway. Unless you leave it wide open before you run the slide in
1977 Tioga 24 foot RV
petefoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 03:22 PM   #8

THOR #8439
Our door is a sliding one and works great in tight space
Old 03-12-2018, 02:21 AM   #9

State: Missouri
THOR #4622
2016 35SB I currently only have one picture with slide in.Click image for larger version

Name:	20180311_211716.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	9327Click image for larger version

Name:	20180311_211634.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	9328Click image for larger version

Name:	20180311_211331.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	9329Click image for larger version

Name:	20160807_104133.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	9330
Old 03-12-2018, 12:09 PM   #10
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
That's a REALLY nice-looking rig!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 03:47 PM   #11

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
When Thor designed the new Super C's one of the biggest concerns they addressed was access underway with slides in. Our 35SF has total access to upfront living space, complete kitchen functions, full fridge access and the mid 1/2 bath. With two labs running around they have ample room. The rear bath can still be accessed but you have to crawl over bed. Blondie, the spoiled brat lab, likes to sleep in the shower so she just squeezes under the foot of the bed while underway. The bunk house model is very similar other than reaching rear of coach (no access) and the bath access is limited as pictured above.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 06:50 AM   #12

THOR #4622
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
When Thor designed the new Super C's one of the biggest concerns they addressed was access underway with slides in. Our 35SF has total access to upfront living space, complete kitchen functions, full fridge access and the mid 1/2 bath. With two labs running around they have ample room. The rear bath can still be accessed but you have to crawl over bed. Blondie, the spoiled brat lab, likes to sleep in the shower so she just squeezes under the foot of the bed while underway. The bunk house model is very similar other than reaching rear of coach (no access) and the bath access is limited as pictured above.
There very well is access to the bed in the rear of my 35sb. It is through the bathroom. It is a Jack and Jill bathroom. Also the bunks are accessible too. Except for the bottom drawers of dresser, the coach is fully accessible closed up.
Old 05-14-2018, 12:06 PM   #13

THOR #11130
I looked for 2 years before purchasing the 35SF. For me, it's the best floor plan out there within the C class. Diesel was a must-have and I don't need the wasted space (for me) of the bunks. I didn't realize how nice the additional 1/2 bath would be. Now I couldn't live without it. If you have quest, they can access the 1/2 bathroom in the middle of the night. Also, it allows the bedroom and the rear bath to be used as dressing and get ready space. Only negative for you is the fact that there is only one new model left available now. It's in Indiana. There is a problem with availability for THOR of the F550 chassis for this coach. They don't have a commitment yet on when they will be able to get them. If this is what you want, I'd drive the distance asap.
Old 05-14-2018, 12:38 PM   #14

THOR #11130
I also just realized you are looking for the SB...not the SF. I think there are a couple of them available.
Old 05-14-2018, 01:55 PM   #15

THOR #4622
Our grandkids both boys, 5 and 3 years old, love the bunks and having their own space to go to even during the day for napping or watching cartoons on their own tvs. Dont have to make beds out of dinette or couch, so those dont have to converted back each day. Nor have to use cabover bed. The bunks are also great catch all spots and storage space when it's just me and the wife. Later on they can be converted to washer/dryer and closet just like the SF if we want. A queen bed would have been sufficient for us and to allow more "room" in the bedroom. Also their are two sliding doors to close bedroom off, one at the hallway and the other at the bedroom entrance of bathroom. The outdoor kitchen sink, cabinets, and fridge are a bonus with grandkids and not having to keep going in or out and tracking dirt etc just to get drinks, get cups, or wash hands.
Old 05-14-2018, 03:11 PM   #16

THOR #11130
That's the division bell...kids, or no kids. The nice thing about this model RV is they only build two models...SB or SF. Both floorplans are great with plenty of "slides in" space when traveling. I also like the small bed slide on the passenger side. You can park along a curb in a parking lot or rest area and gain full walking access to the entire interior.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:47 PM   #17

Model: Chateau 35SB Super C
State: Arizona
THOR #11482
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
I looked for 2 years before purchasing the 35SF. For me, it's the best floor plan out there within the C class. Diesel was a must-have and I don't need the wasted space (for me) of the bunks. I didn't realize how nice the additional 1/2 bath would be. Now I couldn't live without it. If you have quest, they can access the 1/2 bathroom in the middle of the night. Also, it allows the bedroom and the rear bath to be used as dressing and get ready space. Only negative for you is the fact that there is only one new model left available now. It's in Indiana. There is a problem with availability for THOR of the F550 chassis for this coach. They don't have a commitment yet on when they will be able to get them. If this is what you want, I'd drive the distance asap.
When we were looking to buy ours, we could only find 4 in the entire US to choose from. We were lucky enough that one of them was only about 15 miles from us so we jumped on it right away.

Do you know why they have such low availability? I hope they don't stop making them!
Old 05-21-2018, 07:05 PM   #18

THOR #11130
Super C's became the newest class in RV's. When they started building them on the 550/5500 chassis' with diesel, it opened up the Class A floorplans on a Class C format. The biggest issue with availability is the chassis. The Ford 550 is a commercial truck chassis designed for ambulances, utility boom type trucks, etc. The commercial use demand is very high right now and allocations to motorhome manufacturers is limited. To my knowledge there is only one left in Indiana. My choices were Texas or Florida. I drove 480 miles to the closest one to me. I think they can sell as many as they could make...if they can get enough chassis' to justify a full-time production line.
Old 10-20-2018, 04:34 PM   #19

THOR #8439
35SB Super C Question

Looks like they fixed the availability issue and came out with two new offerings of the F550 Chassis.

wenz