Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2016, 10:36 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four winds 35SF Super C
State: North Carolina
THOR #4425
No New Chairs for us..wow...bummer

So did our homework now just letting you know....wanted to trade out (purchase) Lippert theatre seating with center cup holder for goofy pull out couch bed in our Thor super c--more comfy..etc....so did homework, called a few places, said no pressure when you can fit us in...went to Bill Plemmons in NC- he said sure, order the parts (3 sections) then talk with service- did that- service says okay, no problem, will fit you in about 5 weeks...okay we say, just want old couch put new chairs in- he says no problem- we say no windows taken out, no extra issues will you tell us...oh yes, should be straight forward.
So...we check back as they advised to see that the order came in (drove by ) and yes, order is here just come in on your appointed day. went on appointed day, told see you when you get back- husband says, no I am waiting like you said to because should be straight forward fit- okay, give us the keys, lets get the parts...go to look, sure enough 3 boxes- oh oh... one sofa part missing- lets look...everyone pointing finger at everyone else----bottom line had to get credit back from down payment- took off work to no avail- no theater seating complete as thought (see us in another 2 weeks??) ---came home - evidently had driven the RV for fun- got our down payment back , no install...oh well...next. So- wish we had asked to see the actual sofa as ordered when he said oh yeah it was in but did not want to be an a&&......my god- the RV world is in trouble because we need them and they do NOT need us. So IF you want something PLEASE make sure your part is PHYSICALLY there..l.inspect it and get it done...so many horror stories and we thought this would be a simple thing and now we have wasted effort, money and time to do what THEY said to do. Oh...they said Sorry.:fac epalm:

Old 10-26-2016, 11:54 PM   #2

Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
THOR #1295
Unreal experience! Although I am not surprised. It seems dealerships want one thing and one thing only - SALES! After that - no interest!

When you find a good one let everyone know. I had a really good experience with my local dealer Craig Smith RV in Galion, Ohio. Treated me right when fixed the recall Lippert steps.

I actually also though of replacing the crappy couch in our RV wit the theater seating but do not want to order online afraid they will not fit and that is a lot of $ for return shipping. Thought about going to a dealer but second thoughts now after your experience.
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 12:49 AM   #3

Model: Four winds 35SF Super C
State: North Carolina
THOR #4425
Yes it is sad...too many rvs...not enough rv service...everyone wants everything now...the techs dont care...the customers will spend money but no matter,not enough shops to service....it is a cycle and the upper management either does not know or does not care or is not informed...we tried to play by the rules..will play with someone ekse down the road to get what we woukd like to have,but will be so demanding and micro managing because of our experiences that they will be like what a pain they were! So, just live and learn in this portable house world!
Old 10-27-2016, 02:10 PM   #4

Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
WillowRun, I am not surprised by what happened, only disappointed. When traveling through Dothan AL recently we stopped at their Camping World. I asked about getting a Safe-T installed on the front of the coach. They gave me a price but said they would have to order it. Told them I was just passing through but thanked them anyway (not a bad price).

Their service manager called me after we got home to Florida. Said he could order it in and we could make appointment for when we came back through to have it installed. Of course for them to order it you had to pay up front. If this was my first rodeo in the RV world I may have been tempted, but after dealing with numerous dealerships I know better. It is sad how the RV industry generally works.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote