Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2016, 06:16 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Colorado
THOR #4611
What RV kit should come w/ new Thor ACE 29.3?

Hi Folks,
Sorry in advance - if this should be a new thread versus replay within this one.
Can anyone tell me what starter-kit (hoses, power cords, accessories, ?) should come with a new Thor ACE 29.3 RV purchase?

Old 06-23-2016, 06:20 PM   #42

Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbeck View Post
Hi Folks,
Sorry in advance - if this should be a new thread versus replay within this one.
Can anyone tell me what starter-kit (hoses, power cords, accessories, ?) should come with a new Thor ACE 29.3 RV purchase?
Honestly I think starter kits are a thing of the past.We did not get one with ours but we also bought from ripoff Camping world. Items were low quality anyway when we got them. Buy you good stuff from the beginning you will be much happier. Good luck and enjoy your Coach! We have had ours for about 16 months now and love it! What couple issues we had Thor was right on top of it and took care. They are good about sending parts if you are willing to do the repair.
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 06:27 PM   #43

THOR #4611
Thor ACE 29.3

"rip-off camping world" - tell me more! I am now engaged w/ Camping World trying to do a deal on a 2016 Ace 29.3.
What bad experiences did you have with them?
What do you think is a good fair consumer price for a 2016 Thor ACE 29.3?
Old 06-23-2016, 07:18 PM   #44

THOR #1620
Quote:
"rip-off camping world" - tell me more! I am now engaged w/ Camping World trying to do a deal on a 2016 Ace 29.3.
The list is many, we were promised a spare tire and didn't get, they sent us off with out tags on vehicle, no manuals, did'nt fix items we found on the walk through, didn't send our title, I had to chase it down, items we were promised were ordered to replace missing items on coach took forever to get, spare set of keys, I had to get my own made. Didn't fill motorhome with fuel, salesman deserted us after he found there were issues and we had signed the papers, we spent 7 hours on a delivery., THEN to top it all off after I spoke with the "Marcus Rapid Respone Team" which did absolutely NOTHING for us but string us along, I had an assistant manager call me when he saw I was downgrading the POS Indianapolis Camping ripoff store and promised to make it up to me by sending me a $500 gift card to ripoff world which after 14 months I am STILL waiting on. Never again would I by a washer from them, Id rather cut one out of the sole of my shoe sitting in their parking lot before I spent a dime with them. Thats a starter list
Old 06-23-2016, 07:31 PM   #45

THOR #1620
Quote:
We paid $79,900 before down payment and trade in, this for a 2015 last year
Old 06-23-2016, 08:14 PM   #46

Model: ACE 29.3 (2016)
State: Montana
THOR #4032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nursx2 View Post
Believe the bad!
Do you have a 29.3? Have you driven a 29.3?
Old 06-23-2016, 10:24 PM   #47

Model: ACE 30.2
State: South Carolina
THOR #2915
Quote:
I paid 79500 for a 2016 ACE 30.2. No trade in.

Dan

"Be all that you can be!"
Dan9841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 10:48 PM   #48

THOR #4032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9841 View Post
I paid 79500 for a 2016 ACE 30.2. No trade in.
Dan you got a good deal. I am not sure the 29.3 would cost the same..for example we ended up with an outdoor kitchen, gas grill, three television sets, an inverter, heated holding tanks, auto levelers, and all the other goodies. Nevertheless you got a very good deal.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:51 PM   #49

THOR #4032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six Pack View Post
Does anyone have this model? I would be interested in opinions,good,bad,ugly.How about Thor in general, I've heard good and bad things, but I think that's going to be the case with any manufacturer. Thanks for any replies.
We have a list of things to fix (and they are being fixed July 1) but none of them stopped us from going on three trips, one over 2,000 miles. Our dealer is taking care of the minor problems and we are generally happy. You can look up my posts concerning the 29.3 and see what I like, don't like, and etc. Enjoy.
Old 06-23-2016, 11:32 PM   #50

THOR #1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Montgomery View Post
Dan you got a good deal. I am not sure the 29.3 would cost the same..for example we ended up with an outdoor kitchen, gas grill, three television sets, an inverter, heated holding tanks, auto levelers, and all the other goodies. Nevertheless you got a very good deal.
Bob, mine nips a 29.3 and I got all the stuff you mentioned and paid $79,900 at a show, of course the bullcrap I put up with seemed like I would have been better to pay full retail from a decent dealer
Old 06-23-2016, 11:34 PM   #51

THOR #4032
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor293 View Post
Bob, mine nips a 29.3 and I got all the stuff you mentioned and paid $79,900 at a show, of course the bullcrap I put up with seemed like I would have been better to pay full retail from a decent dealer
You got a better deal than I did (mine is a 2016)... who did you buy it from?
Old 06-23-2016, 11:43 PM   #52

Model: ACE 30.2
State: South Carolina
THOR #2915
Quote:
I called every dealer on the east coast and after I received the best offer CW in Columbia sc matched that price.

Dan

"Be all that you can be!"
Dan9841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 01:15 AM   #53

THOR #1620
Quote:
You got a better deal than I did (mine is a 2016)... who did you buy it from?
Crappy camping world. ........never ever again. I don't care how cheap they are
Old 06-24-2016, 01:35 AM   #54

THOR #4032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9841 View Post
I called every dealer on the east coast and after I received the best offer CW in Columbia sc matched that price.
Well one thing....my dealer, Bretz RV in Billings MT is taking care of all the little problems I have had. I had a screw come up through the vinyl floor near the stove and I got an email today they had the new flooring and will fix it July 1. All issues I have had (none serious) will be taken care of. I guess that really makes it better than to have saved some money driving 500-1,000 miles to save a little. The savings would be forgotten after little or no service from a dealer that doesn't want to take care of you.
Old 06-24-2016, 11:36 AM   #55

Model: ACE 29.3
State: New York
THOR #3187
Quote:
THEY ARE THE WORST AND i WOULD NEVER BUY ANOTHER UNIT FROM THEM. The whole organization is a joke and I don't know why companies give them their products. Even if you get a decent deal the after sale customer service is so bad it is unreal. I have tried contacting THOR and they just send me back to the dealer. I would not buy another thor and I am looking at a Winnebago now. But I will even travel to another state if necessary to get a good dealer.
Old 06-24-2016, 12:06 PM   #56

THOR #1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikegolfgirl View Post
THEY ARE THE WORST AND i WOULD NEVER BUY ANOTHER UNIT FROM THEM. The whole organization is a joke and I don't know why companies give them their products. Even if you get a decent deal the after sale customer service is so bad it is unreal. I have tried contacting THOR and they just send me back to the dealer. I would not buy another thor and I am looking at a Winnebago now. But I will even travel to another state if necessary to get a good dealer.
I completely agree with your assessment of Camping Crapworld. Worst experience I have EVER had buying an RV and I have purchased 7 new ones over the years. Thor on the other hand has been one of the best I have dealt with, the only other one better is Heartland. If you are wanting to get the Thor factory to work on your unit that most likely won't happen unless you have some serious issues the dealer can not work on. I don't know what issues you are having but I would suggest looking for another Thor dealer outside of the camping crap world. They should honor your warranty. Thor is good about sending parts if you intend to do your own repairs or sending parts if you decide to hire an independent repairman and have heard many say Thor paid their fees.

My unit isn't perfect and none are but at least I have had good luck with them. Rv's require constant care and some of this could be curtailed by the factory doing a better job, but it is all about the profit. I suggest finding a different dealer to work on your coach. Good luck, and a side note, if you trade now you will take as a** whippin on price.
Old 06-24-2016, 04:12 PM   #57

THOR #4611
Wow - I hear nothing but TERRIBLE comments about Crappy-World. Why can't they get their s**t together? Is it that they are so backed up in the service department and that is why people are pissed?
'bikegolfgirl' - can you elaborate on your bad experiences with Camping World?
I have an option to buy a Thor from RVDirect (ACE 29.3 for $77,400) and pick up in another state. Sounds like that might be a better option versus purchase from Camping World?
Old 06-24-2016, 04:30 PM   #58

THOR #1620
Iim, that is an excellent price! I cant imagine them being as camping ripoff
Old 06-24-2016, 04:43 PM   #59

THOR #4032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Ace View Post
We also bought our ACE 29.2 from Camping World in Chattanooga. Size is great for us (don't need the bunk beds). Our unit was very well prepped and we have not had any issues. We added doors to access under the dinette and a electric fireplace under the dinette to enjoy in the evenings. RV's or boats, they both are more useful with a handyman owner for minor repairs and improvements. (ps: we got a terrific deal from Camping World)
How about a picture of the electric fireplace. I am having a hard time imagining how it would look....thanks.
Old 06-24-2016, 05:54 PM   #60

Model: ACE 29.3
State: New York
THOR #3187
There isnt enough room to write all the issues I have had with them. Major things went wrong and it took days for them to repair. At one point they had my unit for a month and still didnt fix everything. They blame it all on Thor. If you can get your unit some place else do it. But from what I am told there are no great dealers out there.