Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-10-2022, 04:13 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Tennessee
THOR #26138
Do I have a leak somewhere?

I notice on my headboard (2014 Ace 29.2) what seems to be a water stain from a leak, but there is no sign in the cabinets above. What are your thoughts
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5E72E4B5-1FD6-4BF0-AE54-3A62CAF49D2D.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	36409   Click image for larger version

Name:	24864754-619E-47EC-AC06-138FC68A288C.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	36410  

Old 03-10-2022, 12:29 PM   #2

Model: Miramar
State: California
THOR #22927
To me it looks like water may have entered from the back and dripped down on the inside.

Good luck
Old 04-28-2022, 10:29 PM   #3

State: North Carolina
THOR #26661
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHighTower View Post
I notice on my headboard (2014 Ace 29.2) what seems to be a water stain from a leak, but there is no sign in the cabinets above. What are your thoughts
Did you figure out what's happened? I bought a used ACE with some marks on the headboard but I thought probably was and accidentally from previous owners 🤔. Now I need to investigate.
Old 04-28-2022, 10:48 PM   #4

Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Indiana
THOR #6414
I've seen damage like that as a result of moisture collecting from humidity. Leaks will typically leave a stain that marks a trail from entry to exit, and would likely be more up and down rather than back and forth. A cold headboard and warm / moist air inside will attract that kind of moisture on the surface similar to how moisture will collect on cold concrete when hot humid air fills a garage.
Old 04-29-2022, 12:35 AM   #5

State: South Carolina
THOR #22342
There was a previous post about someone who had a leak behind the refrigerator upper vent panel. I checked mine, and there is literally a 1/2" gap that would allow water that sprayed in there on a heavy rain day and drain down behind the refrigerator and onto the floor. For him it was too late. I will seal that area tomorrow and share photos.

I added those 19" screens to the 3 vent surfaces. This might defuse the water a little and of course keep the bugs out.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2022-04-28_20-40-37.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	37197  
Old 04-29-2022, 01:29 AM   #6

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by txc2936@yahoo.com View Post
There was a previous post about someone who had a leak behind the refrigerator upper vent panel. I checked mine, and there is literally a 1/2" gap that would allow water that sprayed in there on a heavy rain day and drain down behind the refrigerator and onto the floor. For him it was too late. I will seal that area tomorrow and share photos.

I added those 19" screens to the 3 vent surfaces. This might defuse the water a little and of course keep the bugs out.

Not clear what gap you’re talking about but make sure you don’t obstruct the air flow behind the fridge. For it to function cool air MUST flow freely by convection in the bottom vent and out the top.
Old 04-29-2022, 09:46 AM   #7

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
THOR #17765
Quote:
Am I seeing this right? It appears bubbly? Headboard? Is this a wall? Below cabinets. That’s more than just interior moisture accumulating.
Old 04-29-2022, 02:09 PM   #8

Model: Citation
State: Texas
THOR #8139
How hard is it to get the headboard off?
Old 04-29-2022, 02:49 PM   #9

State: South Carolina
THOR #22342
The vent area is clear, this is the mismatch in close out board right behind the door, if you were to drop something in this crack, it would go straight to the floor behind the refrig. The venting is fine from lower grill to top, its the water getting in the plastic vents and flowing to the floor that is concern
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2022-04-29_10-46-45.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	37202  
Old 04-29-2022, 10:18 PM   #10

THOR #26661
We added damprite and will take a closer look.
Old 04-30-2022, 12:14 AM   #11

State: Tennessee
THOR #26138
I going to explore everything suggested above this weekend. Good question on how is the headboard installed
Old 04-30-2022, 11:17 AM   #12

THOR #26661
Quote:
I going to explore everything suggested above this weekend. Good question on how is the headboard installed
We will be looking around that area to see what we can find. Now this is how we prepare the floors on rainy day with towels. Just the corner next to the refrigerator get wet. Talked to Warranty Support and they said one have a technician look . Now supposedly I am the second owner regarding Thor registration ( please if you buy a used rv register the rv with the manufacturer) I am out of warranty ( no that I want to deal with the pain that comes with it) there's the possibility they will denied anything. Now it seems to me that problem and recalls were ignored by previous owners. I took care of it but, in the other hand is there's a design with defected parts in my rv I certainly will bring that to their attention. If we all do that they will need to addressed.
Old 04-30-2022, 01:20 PM   #13

Model: 2011 FW Hurricane 33T
State: England
THOR #16471
Quote:
The headboard indicates the moisture was wicked from the bottom up and being an 'even line' the moisture was throughout the bottom of the headboard. So removal of the headboard is needed to see where the moisture came from and once removed the material can also be replaced.
Inspect the mattress for past moisture; inspect the foundation of the bed for the same; also check the outside marker lights and roofline sealant in the back of the MH.