Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 02-08-2015, 09:44 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #1479
Ace 29.3

Does anyone have this model? I would be interested in opinions,good,bad,ugly.How about Thor in general, I've heard good and bad things, but I think that's going to be the case with any manufacturer. Thanks for any replies.

Old 02-09-2015, 01:33 AM   #2

Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
THOR #1295
Believe the bad!
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 02:26 AM   #3

Model: A.C.E. 29.2
State: Mississippi
THOR #827
Are you sure it isn't a 29.2?
Old 02-09-2015, 12:40 PM   #4

Model: ACE
THOR #698
Ours is about a year old and put about 2800 miles on it. Nothing really to complain about. Everything works as expected. There were some loose screws and minor fix up jobs but none required a trip to a RV shop. The counter space is a little small if you are preparing a big meal instead of a steak or hot dogs, space becomes a premium. But we have a coffee pot, a toaster on the counter and usually a box with a cake or pie inside.
I wish it had a little more outside storage as I (We) carry a lot of junk and two small dogs.
The best thing I did to it was to put in a black tank flush. Dump the tank, turn on the hose and everything is clean.
The check engine light comes on and off at will and Ford can't figure it out. It's been back twice to Ford and they can't figure out the problem. I am keeping a log of everything in case something happens further down the road.
A larger model ACE pulled in a few spaces down and they have no complaints.
I know it gets a lot of bad raps but you are buying basically an entry level RV. Don't expect all of luxuries of a $150-200K RV.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:53 PM   #5

THOR #1479
Ace 29.3

Thanks for the reply. I was surprised this floorplan wasn't mentioned on this site, I thought it might be new. I ordered one without the outside kitchen, so hopefully it will give me more storage.
Old 03-06-2015, 06:13 AM   #6

Model: ACE 29.3
State: Nevada
THOR #1201

I just got thor ace 29.3 and like the space with the slide out. I ordered from factory received it December. Only had it out twice. Small leak in roof, warped
Kitchen deck, large outdoor kitchen door binding, gap in door, shade doesn't cover window. Campingworld has fixed most problems. Waiting on parts for deck, shade, outdoor door, decals. Parts on order for a month. I'm waiting for a call when the part come in for the rest of the work. I know that sounds like a lot of problems, but Campingworld calls thor and gets approval. So far the work is getting done and I will make the most of my one year warranty. I like using the ace and like the design of the unit. The quality control could be much better. Hope this helps.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:12 PM   #7

Brand: Still Looking
State: New York
THOR #1638
thor ace 29.2 and 29.3

hi, i am looking at both of these for purchase. it's such a huge decision and the more you read online the scarier it gets but i think these two are pretty sweet. have you gotten prices yet? i'm in contact with a few dealers trying to get the absolute best even if i have to travel to pick up.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:15 PM   #8

State: New York
THOR #1638
Can you elaborate nursx2?
Old 03-10-2015, 11:52 PM   #9

Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
THOR #1295
It is made by Thor - so believe the bad things you have heard - there are most likely true.

I have a hurricane and have no personal experience with the ACE, only I almost purchased one. lol
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 10:04 PM   #10

Model: A.C.E 29.3
THOR #1620
We bought the 29.3 a couple weeks ago. I like it so far, nice size with the full slide out. There are the typical issues that I have had with any new RV I have ever bought. Most are simple to fix they just need a little personal attention. Don't let a single opinion scare you off. You can easily find bad remarks about any RV ever built.
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 10:01 PM   #11

State: California
THOR #3367
does anyone know where locally to San Diego I can go look at both the 29.3 and the 30.1 models?
Old 12-11-2015, 11:02 PM   #12

Model: ACE 29.4
State: Oregon
THOR #2824
I recently bought the 29.4 - mine has a bedroom slide with the king sized bed. The mattress faces the opposite direction as the 29.3. I have the outside TV and the outside kitchen area complete with the refer and sink and some small storage space. I've learned to be creative - everything I have for camping came out of a 35' fifth wheel and I simply elminated half the stuff as I don't need it. Some of it was specific to the 5th wheel. I've had mine 2 mos and used it once for 5 days on the coast - but the weather was so bad I gave up and came home before they closed the roads due to high wind.
Only problem so far is the AC side of the water heater doesn't work - and a small leak under the kitchen sink from the parts not being tight enough. I've tightened them as best I can - still leaks. Goes in for warranty work 12-19.
AND I'm not happy about the fresh water drain valve being on the inside - see my other post for all that info..........over all - so far, I'd buy another one!
Old 12-12-2015, 03:13 AM   #13

THOR #3367
Did your local dealer babe them in stock Pappydude or did you have to order it? I'm looking for a local dealer who has them so I can look at them. I don't want to order one from a website sight unseen
Old 12-12-2015, 03:18 AM   #14

THOR #2824
GlennF, I got mine at Camping World at Wood Village, OR. It came from Camping World in Hillsboro, OR - and at that time they had two. I got one!
Google ACE 29.4 - there should be something pop up in your area, or close enough to drive to.
Old 12-12-2015, 12:50 PM   #15

Model: A.C.E 29.3
THOR #2954
Pappydude, yours must have been built by the same guy that built mine. I fixed the leaky sink by tightening every thing up. I had to clean up the wiring on the water heater to get it to work. The wire was not properly stripped so there was no actual electrical connection. We also had an ATS short out. Other than that we love our 29.3.
The few issues we had are part of shaking down a new RV. It is sad that we all expect and accept that problems are a part of buying a new RV.
Old 12-12-2015, 04:09 PM   #16

THOR #3367
Thanks Pappydude. I did google and closest ones are like 8 hours drive. I will keep looking. I love the look of the ACE line
Old 12-12-2015, 07:28 PM   #17

THOR #2824
Happy hunting Glennf and jacksmi - to bad we can't find out if this guy has some connection to the warranty side of Thor - these connections are all hand done - and generally have to be brought in for warranty repairs. I've tightened my sink connections as best I can - don't want to break anything or the warranty wouldn't cover it. I'll let them screw it up when I take it in next Sat.
Old 01-22-2016, 08:24 AM   #18

THOR #3534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappydude View Post
GlennF, I got mine at Camping World at Wood Village, OR. It came from Camping World in Hillsboro, OR - and at that time they had two. I got one!
Google ACE 29.4 - there should be something pop up in your area, or close enough to drive to.
Pappydude, from your profile, I see that you live in Tigard, OR. I do too! I also bought an ACE 29.4 from Camping World (I got mine in December from Hillsboro so I must have bought the one that you were talking about. This is my first RV and, aside from a few minor issues, I couldn't be happier with the rig that I bought! Being that we live in the same town, I will keep an eye out for you on the road. Let's keep in touch and keep each other posted on any interesting modifications we make or issues that we have with our 29.4. CHEERS!
Old 01-22-2016, 05:34 PM   #19

Model: A.C.E. 29.2
State: Tennessee
THOR #3487
Ace 29.2

We also bought our ACE 29.2 from Camping World in Chattanooga. Size is great for us (don't need the bunk beds). Our unit was very well prepped and we have not had any issues. We added doors to access under the dinette and a electric fireplace under the dinette to enjoy in the evenings. RV's or boats, they both are more useful with a handyman owner for minor repairs and improvements. (ps: we got a terrific deal from Camping World)
Old 01-22-2016, 06:03 PM   #20

THOR #2824
Reachmee,

What kind of service have you gotten in Hillsboro? I've heard some negative comments about their service dept. but I could probably say the same for Wood Village. My rig has been out there since Dec. 19 - a couple of minor warranty repairs and some modification to the fresh water drain area in the bedroom. They also ordered some parts for one of the drawers in the bedroom - and when they came in, realized they'd not ordered something else to go with those parts. That's a two week delay. Better to leave it there than drive 70 mile round trip to spend the half hour to put them in. I'm supposed to get it back this Sat (23rd).
Drive down 104 off of McDonald - after Saturday, you'll find me! I'm usually home!!
Pappy