Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-24-2019, 11:52 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.2
State: Colorado
THOR #15515
Is the motor hitting a wood strut that is attached to the back of the dash? If so that strut can be removed. It's just stapled in. You could replace the strut when all done but I did not find it necessary. The dash is still well supported. Then pull the motor out, it will still hit the dash but you can access the allen screw on the fan blade and remove it from the motor. Then the motor will come out. Look down to the right and back toward the firewall and there is an opening almost large enough to get the motor out. There is a piece of plywood about 2 inches long that you will need to remove and the motor will come out. Then pull the fan blade out of the housing and drop it out the same opening.
Is your fan blade metal or plastic?

Old 11-24-2019, 12:09 PM   #22

THOR #15515
It can be done. You do not have to remove the dash. Unless the Vegas is different than the Axis and I don't think it is.
Old 11-24-2019, 12:24 PM   #23

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Arkansas
THOR #17397
The motor hitting thin luan wood. I pryed the bottom of the wood from the thick plywood. Yes there is a strut. I am prepared to cut on the bottom side of the dash. Fan blade is metal. I will try detaching the motor from the fan blade. I haven't ordered the replacement yet, price shopping. So I assume to get it back in, would be to put the fan blade back in, the attach the motor (allen screw), put back in housing?
Old 11-24-2019, 12:55 PM   #24

THOR #15515
Try to get one that will accept the metal fan blade. It will be a "LOT" easier. If you can you can just leave the fan blade in the housing and just remove the motor.
Call Comfort Air 616-454-2200. They carry all the stuff for the Evans Systems which is what mine had and I would assume yours would as well.
Old 01-17-2020, 01:02 AM   #25

State: Florida
THOR #17847
Please send pix and some additional info on fixing the problem. I really could use the help. Thank you
Old 01-17-2020, 10:18 AM   #26

THOR #15515
Sorry I don't have any pics. I am happy to help you anyway I can but I don't know what additional info I could add that would be helpful.
Old 04-23-2021, 05:43 PM   #27

State: Quebec
THOR #23130
I need to remove the fan blower on my Thor Vegas 25.2 2015. Is anyone know how to do it?
Old 06-18-2022, 07:33 PM   #28

State: Kansas
THOR #23377
I Also would like some pictures and instructions to replace the fan motor. I have a 2014 Vegas 24.1 with a noisy motor.
Old 06-18-2022, 08:03 PM   #29

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSwanson View Post
I Also would like some pictures and instructions to replace the fan motor. I have a 2014 Vegas 24.1 with a noisy motor.
Maybe this will help. The blower assembly is just above the passengers seat. How you get to the blower depends what your Thor MC factory put in the way.

https://www.proairllc.com/pub/media/...Schematics.pdf
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2023, 05:04 PM   #30

Brand: Still Looking
State: Missouri
THOR #14554
Quote:
Originally Posted by hames57 View Post
I replaced my dash blower motor. Pretty simple. Thor wanted 275 dollars plus shipping for the part. RV shop wanted another 200 to put it in. I bought one identical to the OEM for 60 dollars including shipping. Took my own two hours to put it in. Simple to do if you know the procedure. If you need to know how I did it I can provide the instructions and some PIX. Amazing that thor would have the gall to charge 300 bucks for a blower motor that can be bought on line from the manufacturer for 60.
Yes I would be interested in any help you can give. I have a 2012 Thor ACE 29.1 and the blower just quit.
David Sprecker
Dseabee@aol.com
Old 07-08-2023, 05:47 PM   #31
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dseabee View Post
Yes I would be interested in any help you can give. I have a 2012 Thor ACE 29.1 and the blower just quit.
David Sprecker
Dseabee@aol.com
Did you check to see if the motor is getting power? It may be the speed switch assembly.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote