Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2016, 07:32 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Georgia
THOR #3708
ACE 30.1 Dash Blower Motor

Hello,

Anyone out there have issue with their Dash Fan? CW says it's a Ford Warranty issue. Checking to see if there is a quick fix without taking it to a Ford Dealer?

Any advice/comment would be appreciated.

Old 02-21-2016, 07:52 PM   #2

Model: ace 30.2
State: New Jersey
THOR #1069
thor installs the heat/ac( after market unit) so it's a thor issue.
Old 02-21-2016, 08:58 PM   #3

Model: ACE 27.1
State: California
THOR #3186
Mine went out. Its a Thor part. Thor sent me a new one and thought I could put it in. I couldn't. Ford couldn't and I decided against Giant RV in Colton. Took it to Redlands RV and they did it, a front track bar, alignment, etc. in two days. $400 for the fan labor, have to take apart the dash. Thor reimbursed me $400. I sent the old one back.
Old 02-21-2016, 11:47 PM   #4

Model: ACE 30.1
THOR #3708
Thanks I will call Thor tomorrow.
Old 06-10-2017, 05:40 PM   #5

State: Utah
THOR #7797
Just finished replacing Thor ACE dash blower motor

I replaced my dash blower motor. Pretty simple. Thor wanted 275 dollars plus shipping for the part. RV shop wanted another 200 to put it in. I bought one identical to the OEM for 60 dollars including shipping. Took my own two hours to put it in. Simple to do if you know the procedure. If you need to know how I did it I can provide the instructions and some PIX. Amazing that thor would have the gall to charge 300 bucks for a blower motor that can be bought on line from the manufacturer for 60.
Old 06-10-2017, 07:43 PM   #6

Model: ACE 27.1
State: California
THOR #3186
Quote:
Originally Posted by hames57 View Post
I replaced my dash blower motor. Pretty simple. Thor wanted 275 dollars plus shipping for the part. RV shop wanted another 200 to put it in. I bought one identical to the OEM for 60 dollars including shipping. Took my own two hours to put it in. Simple to do if you know the procedure. If you need to know how I did it I can provide the instructions and some PIX. Amazing that thor would have the gall to charge 300 bucks for a blower motor that can be bought on line from the manufacturer for 60.
Please post the pics. Thor sent me the motor - warranty and they paid a non dealer Redlands Truck and RV to install it. I won't ever go back to Giant RV in Colton.
Old 05-31-2018, 03:40 AM   #7

State: Washington
THOR #11814
Question Help | Dash Removal/Air Blower Motor Replacement on Thor Ace 30.1

Hi there! Anyone with guidance/advice on the dash removal and blower motor replacement. Thor is sending my a Evans Tempcon Blower Motor, Part 0538120.

I also need to figure out how to get my dash out.

Anyone willing to share pictures or advice?

I have a 2014 Thor Ace Evo 30.1, 2013 Ford F53 Chassis.

Thanks so much!
Old 10-12-2019, 03:01 PM   #8

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Did anyone ever post pictures of accessing the dash blower motor in the ACE 30.1? I don't have a problem yet, but one day I might. There is also a person with a 2015 Vegas looking for that info too and I am wondering if the dashes are similar enough to use the same procedure. (they both have the flip out computer table in front of the passenger seat). Its an old 2017 post but if the users are still on the forum and can update that would be great.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:46 PM   #9

Model: 2015 VEGAS 24.1
State: Quebec
THOR #9120
Quote:
Yes please, send me the instructions and some PIX
Old 10-19-2019, 02:39 PM   #10

Model: A.C.E. 29.3
State: Missouri
THOR #5861
Quote:
Please send pictures and any information on this replacement. The blower fan in my 29.3 just started going out and any assistance is apriciated!
Old 11-22-2019, 03:24 PM   #11

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Arkansas
THOR #17397
Thank you for your post. Blower fan going out on Vegas 25.2. I expect most Thor have similar dash design. I would appreciate any help with description of how to access fan area and pixs would be great.
Mick
captmick1@gmail.com
501-253-8023
Old 11-22-2019, 03:30 PM   #12

THOR #17397
Hey Javelin, Thank you for your post. Blower fan going out on Vegas 25.2. I expect most Thor have similar dash design. Did you ever get and help. I would appreciate any help with description of how to access fan area and pixs would be great.
Mick
captmick1@gmail.com
501-253-8023
Old 11-22-2019, 03:31 PM   #13

THOR #17397
Thank you for your post. Blower fan going out on Vegas 25.2. I expect most Thor have similar dash design. I would appreciate any help with description of how to access fan area and pixs would be great.
Mick
captmick1@gmail.com
501-253-8023
Old 11-23-2019, 02:17 AM   #14

THOR #2631
Well I never received any feedback from the few other posters that said they had either accomplished a fan replacement themselves or had someone do it for them (in hopes they watched the repair process). Since so far I have been lucky and not had to actually do this fan motor replacement one of you other folks may have to be the process pioneers. Of course you know what they say: the pioneers get the arrows and the settlers get the land. If you tear into it, take pictures and post to the forum so we can all learn. Thanks.
Old 11-23-2019, 12:23 PM   #15

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Colorado
THOR #15515
I just replaced the blower motor in my Axis and it was a pain. Unfortunately I did not take pictures. It is located under the desk on the passenger side. I modified the back side of the dash to be able to remove the motor from under the dash. Once you remove the 5 screws that hold the motor to the housing you will be able to see what needs to be trimmed to get it out enough to get to the allen screw that holds the fan blade on. That is assuming you have the metal fan blade and not the plastic one. The original one in mine had the metal fan the replacement had the plastic one which attaches from the front of the motor shaft. It has to go in and out in with the fan detached from the motor. There are 2 different places you will need to trim which will be obvious once you have the motor out. Neither area in my opinion affected the structural integrity of the dash. When I installed the new one it looked impossible to be able to attach the fan but it can be done. It is a PITA. If I have to do it again it will be a lot easier. The only other way that I could see would be to remove the whole dash, unless I missed some other way. There might be a way to remove the fan housing but I couldn't find it. It took me about 5 hours.
Old 11-23-2019, 01:11 PM   #16

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
THOR #2142
All,
A few years ago we had that problem, it was caused by a faulty switch and associated wiring. It lead to the following Safety Recall. Might help when talking to Thor to remind them of it.

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1574514692

DocMike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Safety Recall.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	21580  

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 01:45 PM   #17

THOR #2631
Thanks for the feedback sandrooney. I am hoping that being a seasonal camper rather than full timer will spare me from the blower motor change “PIA experience” that you just had. For those of us not so lucky your description can help a lot.
Sounds like you took out the passenger side desk tray assembly in order to access the motor at the rear to make the necessary under dash mods to be able to then drop the motor to the floor from under the rear dash space.
It also sounds like the motor comes out the back of the blower housing enough (once motor mounting screws are removed) to be able to remove the metal fan blade from the motor shaft, but the blade must then have to come out the front of the blower housing somehow?
The new motor with plastic fan blade must be separated first I expect; motor is installed from under dash at the rear of the housing (thanks to your previous under dash clearance mods); then the new plastic fan blade goes into the blower housing from the front somehow and re-attaches to the new motor shaft?
I assume there is an opening already in the front of the blower housing to allow fan blades in and out or did you have to make an opening there too? I assume the blower motor resistor pack (used for speed control) would also be mounted inside the blower housing? Thanks for your feedback and input on this subject sandrooney, I think there are lots of folks that will find any clarification information on this subject helpful.
Old 11-24-2019, 11:31 AM   #18

THOR #17397
Sandrooney, I am not so lucky in getting the fan out. I removed the screws on the flange, motor will not come out totally, needs about 1 1/2' more clearance. I can see where I would cut the dash from the bottom to drop it. But the front of the fan hits the knee wall. Appears pulling the dash is only option and I have not idea where to start. There are two screws on the passenger outside wall??? Where else and what else am I missing. Please!!! help!!! from anybody!!!
Old 11-24-2019, 11:37 AM   #19

THOR #17397
I am not so lucky in getting the fan out. I removed the screws on the flange, motor will not come out totally, needs about 1 1/2' more clearance. I can see where I would cut the dash from the bottom to drop it. But the front of the fan hits the knee wall. Appears pulling the dash is only option and I have not idea where to start. There are two screws on the passenger outside wall??? Where else and what else am I missing. Any help and pixs would great. Thanks, Mick
Old 11-24-2019, 11:40 AM   #20

THOR #17397
My blower fan went out at 17,000 miles. 2016 Vegas 25.2