Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2016, 06:02 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: New Jersey
THOR #4954
2016 Vegas 25.2 vs 25.3

Hello,
We are newly shopping for an RV and have just come across the Axis/Vegas models. I think we have narrowed it down to the 25.2 or the 25.3. I would like to hear opinions both of these models and what swayed you to one or the other? Also I noticed for the 2016's the25.3 (Bedroom side slide model)seems to run a few thousand less than the 25.2 (bedroom rear slide).

It is just weekend trips with me, husband and dog most of the time. We would do a few cross country trips a year to visit my son in Colorado. And occasional trips with grandson when he is old enough.

Old 07-28-2016, 06:28 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
For the 25.2:
  • It has a 6" longer wheelbase but the same overall length (with slide in) due to slide.
  • One large closet (wardrobe)
  • Maybe slightly larger shower (36" x 30")--at least rectangular vs square
  • Seatbelts for 5

For the 25.3:
  • More closet space (based on floorplan): 2 closets across from each other
  • Looks like more counter space around the kitchen sink
  • Less "family room" due to the dinette taking up more space
  • Seatbelts for 4

Just looking at the floorplans...
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 04:08 AM   #3

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
We like our 25.2 floor plan, and prefer it over the 25.3 for the way we use our Vegas. We like the solid bedroom door, versus the curtain in the side-slide model.

We have learned to list our length as 28' for state park campgrounds, due to the rear slide. Our last coach had slides on both sides, and we always had to make sure there was room to put them out. With the 25.2, that is never a concern.

I miss the small side windows in the bedroom slide that our previous coach had, but we love the size of the shower in the 25.2, even though we are not plus size people.

If you could find a dealer with both models, the best thing you could do would be to spend some time in both, and think hard about the way you would spend your time in them.

Happy hunting!
Old 08-06-2016, 07:05 PM   #4

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #4466
We chose the 25.2 over the 25.3 to get away from the side slide. Our previous class C had one side slide and on occasion required a bit of careful maneuvering due to trees at campsites. Not all that bad but just didn't want to deal with it. The side slide on the 25.3 was much longer than our class C. The 25.2 has a great size shower compared to the class C.
We tend to be fairly minimalist when traveling and camping. Our class C had one outside storage under the slide for tools and some fittings and leveling blocks. The 25.2 has more than we will probably ever use.
Old 08-06-2016, 09:13 PM   #5

Brand: Still Looking
State: New Jersey
THOR #4954
Hmmm liking the 24.1 now

We just got back from the dealer and spent a lot of time going back and forth between 3 models. 24.1 25.2 and 25.3. I really like the 24.1 in everything except the bathroom shower which is pretty small compared to the others. Other than that the twin bunks and the room in the living area will work nicely for the two us us you really don't have to put the side slide out it felt comfortable.
We are going to try renting one for a weekend just to see if the bathroom is really going to bother us that much. There is another dealer close by that has the 2015 Axis 24.1 so I think that will give us a good feel for it.
Thanks for all your feedback.