Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2018, 01:47 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Ace 29.3
State: California
THOR #6522
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor293 View Post
On the ACE coaches or at least the 29.3, there is a drawer built into the steps. I have always used it for tools but the drawer is always a mess and I have to root through to find what I wanted . I just shadow cut out using some think plastic that my inverter came packed with. I made a second level with a handle on each side to lift out, Underneath the shelf I glued a 3/4" standoff in each corner to keep the shelf level. I put my most used tools on top. Also there is considerable space UNDER that drawer if you pull it out and off the slides, I store tools I seldom use, ball peen hammer, pex crimper, hacksaw etc.
Nice way to use that space!

Old 09-01-2018, 03:35 AM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich&Cathy View Post
Nice way to use that space!
Long time ago.... when I was running a shop from my desk..... and I decided to shadow a gun, bullets and knife in one of the drawers for tools (think it was about April fools day). Then when I told day shift about the missing items.... they said I needed to take a vacation. Yeah, I know it was over the line, but it was funny. Later on I had somebody to chalk mark me on the dance floor like it was a crime scene. Then again I oncet put a large wooden wind up key in the back of a friend's VW bug air slot. That got a lot of laughs.