Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-31-2019, 03:43 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #14841
Anybody have a super-c SV34 ?

Looking for some real world experience with the super-c model SV34 specifically but welcome responses about other super-c floor plans as well.

1. How easy is access to bath / kitchen / bedroom during travel with the wall slide in / closed ?

2. How does the bed incline ? Is it electric or manual ? Is it adjustable to different angles ? This is a concern because my wife cannot lie flat as in a bed and must sleep in a recliner chair.

3. Does the sofa "recline" any at all without becoming a bed ? The wife cannot set in a regular seat much more than an hour or so - she needs to have "reclining" capability.

Sure would be nice if Thor offered reclining theater seats as an option.

Thanks for your input as we continue our comparison shopping for a MH.

Old 03-31-2019, 11:50 AM   #2

State: Arizona
THOR #14192
Anybody have a super-c SV34 ?

I test drove one a few weeks ago.

The bed recline is electric, the slide is not that deep so when we brought it in there seemed to be a lot of room to move around. It drove nicely, my first experience driving a motorhome though. If I get a chance I’ll post my pic with slide in. I’m pretty sure you have the incline the bed to bring the slide in. When the bed is flat there is only a little room around the bed to move around. Didn’t test the bed in different positions but I’m sure you can stop the incline at any position.Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0423.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	16398m8Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0371.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	16399
Old 03-31-2019, 01:02 PM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
I can't help with your question directly, except to cheer you on. I really wish I could have gotten the super c version of my floorplan!

class C's a really great to fill a niche IMO, great for families with the extra overhead bed and the properly designed cab is nice. Most argue for class A's giving more space, more roomy feel, etc... I get that for couples, etc...but for a family or something...anyway, we really like our C.

That said, the larger C's like mine really overtax the 450 chassis,and teh design limitations drive them to put in tanks that are too small, limited tow capacity, etc.... most everything fixed with the larger 550 chassis.

Anyway, good luck with your search. I suggest getting inside the floorplan before you get too serious. You'll know pretty fast if the plan works for you. RV shows, window shopping at dealers, etc... You can get a feel for things like seating locations, is the TV in a good place visible or not in the way....if there's enough storage or counter space, etc...
Old 03-31-2019, 01:40 PM   #4

THOR #14841
mjbenedict - thanks for the info and pics especially the slide closed view - dealers don't show those on their websites generally - it helps to get an advance look
Old 03-31-2019, 01:47 PM   #5

THOR #14841
blw2; thanks for your response - one reason we are looking at super-c is because of the limited CCC and towing capability of the "gas" powered class-c versions - we will have to tow a vehicle ( on a open trailer ) and I don't want to spend the extra money to get a vehicle ready for flat tow - personal preference - plus I like to safety aspect of a class-c with the engine out front and an enclosed cab structure.