Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-02-2018, 01:16 PM   #21
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I sort of agree with you...
(Is there any room under that chair? )

Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 01:39 PM   #22

State: Texas
THOR #2121
Can't really tell what you want until you experience it. Thinking about stuff can only get you so far. That's why renting a similar unit first makes a lot of sense to me. It's expensive but cheap by comparison.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:47 PM   #23

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
It does certainly appear that way! In our case we were moving from a travel trailer that we used mostly for local family camping during our working years. Upon retiring we bought the 26 ft class C. Which felt huge, expensive and ready to take on the world. 5en we took a 4000 mile tour in our first summer of retirement and jut totally loved it - beyond any expectations. We decided that if we are going to travel 60-90 days of the year we really wanted something a bit larger and better equipped. We concluded that the Class C unit would never be worth more than it is right now and that if we were going to upgrade there was no point or gain in waiting. My financial advisor was aghast but we are very pleased with our new Winnebago. At least in its first 500 miles that we’ve put on it. It’s -12 degrees and snowed in right now so it might be awhile before we get to really test it out.
Old 01-02-2018, 02:00 PM   #24
Site Team

Model: Axis 24.1 Windjammer
State: Illinois
THOR #7074
What Model did U buy? NW Indiana.
Hellwig 7718 Front Sway Bar & 7180 Rear Sway Bar
Koni FSD Front Shocks 8805-1042 / Koni FSD Rear Shocks 8805-1043
revjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 02:16 PM   #25
Site Team

Model: Axis 24.1 Windjammer
State: Illinois
THOR #7074
I see now the Vista Nice! My view on financial planners is they left some of my extremely hard-working friends with a lot of money for retirement but it's not doing them any good if they're Six Feet Under. Congrats on your new unit and enjoy it! I can also say this because I have first-hand ownership of a Winnebago before my Axis that the Winnebago is definitely better quality you could just feel it when you're inside the unit and driving it we do love the Axis though and I'm not knocking it, it's a great unit for our family and We are Very Happy with it!! The memories you spent in your other unit well exceed the traded difference I'm sure.
Hellwig 7718 Front Sway Bar & 7180 Rear Sway Bar
Koni FSD Front Shocks 8805-1042 / Koni FSD Rear Shocks 8805-1043
revjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 04:12 PM   #26

THOR #2121
Another consideration is that the ideal motorhome for each type of trip may be different, so unless you take same kind of trips all the time you may change your mind on what's best to own.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:33 PM   #27
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Another consideration is that the ideal motorhome for each type of trip may be different, so unless you take same kind of trips all the time you may change your mind on what's best to own.
That might be okay if you're a PowerBall winner for some SERIOUS cash. bow:
But the rest of us have to learn to compromise...
Old 01-02-2018, 05:00 PM   #28

THOR #2121
For us a 3-day trip to see eclipse that involved lots of driving is very different than a longer trip to Yellowstone where temperatures were much colder. Similarly a trip from Florida to Canada and back in a little over a week is very different than a cycling trip where we stayed in one place for a week, and needed lots of storage room for equipment.

When travel/camping needs vary a lot it's difficult to find one vehicle that does everything fairly well, or good enough. Even after trying different units out (by renting) it's hard to settle on one choice.

In time we have developed a list of things we really don't like, including larger motorhomes, trailers of just about any kind, corner beds, slides, etc...

I'm just saying I understand how easy it would be to get initial RV choices wrong regardless of available funds.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:47 PM   #29
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
I can agree with that: there are so many variables to consider...
The Missus and I were originally looking for a much smaller Class C on the Transit chassis.
But then we realized that if we put the Spyder on a trailer: we'd be about 40 feet long!
We fired-up the "compromiser", and bought a 31 foot toyhauler.
For us: it's going to work perfectly!
(Maybe not, for anyone else...)